I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 pm

I always thought him exorbitantly pretentious and hollow, and take offence to his claim of being a philosopher. Nonetheless I was a bit shocked to read his youtube channel has been deleted.

I then read some articles on it, and came to the discovery that the dude is actually a foul racist, and an advocate of children disowning their parents. I.e. breaking their lineage with their ancestry, i.e. killing their souls.

Read this article.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... n-molyneux
Below all these sickening racist quotes there is also the part about 'reclaiming your True Self from the destructive prison we know as "childhood."'

Im like Badger, to Jesse when he throws out the meth, on account his customers supposedly are going to have certain standards, yo.

Badger: what... wh- you, WHAT???
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Re: I had little idea Stefan Molyneux is insane

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:27 am

This is pretty big news. I kind of like Molyneux; he is a "common man's philosopher". Pretty tame and toothless, I'm honestly surprised he's banned and his content removed.

This does not bode well for philosophy in the decades to come.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 am

I was just told about this strange event.

What's the official statement? Why exactly was he banned? What did he say?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

Wikipedia wrote:Molyneux's YouTube channel was banned on June 29, 2020 alongside white supremacists David Duke, Richard Spencer, and Jared Taylor, for violating YouTube policies enacted in 2019 against hate speech. Molyneux said it was a "systemic, coordinated effort" in which YouTube had "just suspended the largest philosophy conversation the world has ever known".
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:47 am

I love these ironies. Private business (youtube) exercises it's right to refuse membership to another capitalist advocate who's now upset because the neegrows refuse to pick cotton any longer.

What I need is a studio to make parody skits of shit like this.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:10 pm

promethean75 wrote:I love these ironies. Private business (youtube) exercises it's right to refuse membership to another capitalist advocate who's now upset because the neegrows refuse to pick cotton any longer.

What I need is a studio to make parody skits of shit like this.

Youtube, Google, Facebook, Twitter give up their "private" side of the business when they offer themselves as social (public) platforms which defer responsibility of content to the individuals who add and write to them. And *IF* they want to do so, then it's fine. But when they start heavily censoring this-and-that, and cutting into Free Speech, then they are no longer legally protected. When this is the case, it is no longer you or I, or any individual who is 'responsible' for the content uploaded, but those private businesses instead. In that case, they can be sued, and will be sued, for all and every type of internet "thought crime", including DOXing, defamation, libel, death threats, etc.

They can't have it both ways. And they are abusing the protections offered to them before.

This is why the relationship cannot hold. You either need to obey Free Speech, or, take responsibility for any-and-all content. You either allow "State Protection", or, give it up.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Never heard of the guy..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 pm

MagsJ wrote:Never heard of the guy..

Nor shall you, as seems to be the case..
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Am I missing out?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:39 pm

No, he is a complete idiot.
Promethean is right, a private business can do what it pleases. That the whole scheme the Right is supposed to be defending. Glad to see Promethean is now behind free enterprise as well, kek.

If it is more lucrative to host black racists than white racists, then they have every right to kick the white racists.

Make no mistake, Molyneux is as racist as they come. Always on about how blacks IQs are lower and how they should be grateful to live in White Society.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:No, he is a complete idiot.
Promethean is right, a private business can do what it pleases. That the whole scheme the Right is supposed to be defending. Glad to see Promethean is now behind free enterprise as well, kek.

In that case, I can sleep soundly tonight then..

Seeing is believing, in how our political opposites really are.. happened here with Brexit, when the British public saw what the EU Officials really thought about us and our individual need away from the mainland.. made more Remainers wish they’d voted Leave, making a second referendum even more catastrophic for Remain, and so making it be shelved.. for good.

If it is more lucrative to host black racists than white racists, then they have every right to kick the white racists.

Make no mistake, Molyneux is as racist as they come. Always on about how blacks IQs are lower and how they should be grateful to live in White Society.

When expectations from others, on a person’s being, are already low, low they will let the world see.. I’ve done it a few times over the years, here, at ILP and elsewhere in my PL. ; )

MagsJ

Postby Silhouette » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 pm

The guy's a delusional narcissist - and like all narcissists, heavily overestimates their own abilities. No doubt he couldn't get enough of all the attention he was getting from becoming more and more radical, and no doubt he'll continue to wallow in his own excrement now that he can play the martyred oppressed victim card and shout "I told you so" even louder than before.

Years ago I gave him a try but couldn't stand how fallacious his arguments were, and how much effort he was putting into making himself "appear" credible in spite of this. It's always nice when people like this are put in their place, though unfortunately that's not how he'll see it. It's not hard to imagine plenty of uneducated and unintelligent fools finding his plights appealing.

But prom's right how it's funny to see rightists complain that private companies are acting like private companies. It's all about freedom to do what you want until the freedom of others starts getting in your way. I love being able to do what I like too, but when it comes to speech, certain topics just serve to restrict the speech of others, which defeats the whole point. YouTube is free to do whatever they like with their platform - however publically available it is, it's unequivocally a private company - either you're behind private enterprise or you're behind personal freedoms like speech. Honestly I'd prefer if YouTube was actually public and impartial with regard to corporate interests, with as much free speech as it could manage. SM could stay and not get his wish of being deleted, I still wouldn't give him the time of day, and I'd still continue to use it to watch/listen to things of good quality instead.
Silhouette
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:53 pm

It's the principle of the matter. Banning somebody like Molyneaux, is symbolic of what's to come, right around the corner. It's a very, very bad sign.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Most times Urwrong, I don’t believe a word you write, in that you don’t believe a word you write, in that it’s fake.

..doesn’t make me like you any less.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 pm

I appreciate the support FC but I believe only sil spotted the irony I had mentioned.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:19 pm

No man, the irony is pretty blatant.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:It's the principle of the matter. Banning somebody like Molyneaux, is symbolic of what's to come, right around the corner. It's a very, very bad sign.

You're standing in the middle of a storm, licking your finger and sticking it in the air -
dude, billions of books have been burned the past two decades.

Molyneux is a dumbass, and he gave philosophy a bad smell. It is pathetic that he has so many followers, but predictable, as he gives a McDonalds view on philosophy and gives all his white listeners the idea that, because they are white, they are capable of philosophy. And whats more, he gives others the idea that this is how white men think.

They cant ban Jordan Peterson as people actually learn from him and spread his videos on their own channels. Actual philosophy finds its own way.
I mean they can delete all videos of him but Molyneux has no such followers, inspires no such admiration, he is a mere conductor of sentiment, obscuring all of the real issues at stake.

Ill lament if they delete Styx. But he is no racist, so it remains to be seen if it will happen.

All of this amounts to the increased relative power of those who aren't dumb enough to leave it to others to educate them.
We are entering an age where true knowledge is again a treasure, of which few have much, and many have almost nothing.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 pm

To answer my own question:

Magnus wrote:What did he say?

Apparently, he said that some races are better than others.

The official statement is that he spoke hate (i.e. encouraged violence towards a person or a group based on something such as race) but I am not really sure he did any such thing.
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:27 pm

When I heard he was deleted I also wondered well what is so terrible that he said?
He is so banal that I never could stand him for more than twenty seconds, so I had no real idea.
I looked around and read some articles, some of which provided some quotes and background.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... n-molyneux
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 am

Damn though, because I don't value Molyneux at all, dislike him greatly and don't really think he necessarily should be influential, I kind of ended up agreeing with people on the left here, not because I want to, but because that just happened -- oh my fuck that feels like SHIT.

Just to not agree with leftos, Im almost considering being angry at Molyneux banishment but, I cant.

Still. Im sure there wont be many occasions in which I align with leftos. Holy crap that sucked.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:28 am

What became particularly evident is how easy it is to be a lefto. You don't have to take responsibility for a single thing in the world, you can feel superior to everyone because of not taking responsibility, you're automatically beloved by all kinds of rich people - there is a real temptation there. Im not saying I was tempted, I certainly was not of course, but, by merely agreeing on one issue with them for a few hours, I could feel, psychic as I am, the benefits of the left.

It is like supporting tyrannical monarchy. You are being rewarded with social and psychological privileges for not standing in the way of gross malice. Very educational experience.

More on the Injuns; they are the heart and soul of American liberty, it was modelled after them (okay and resembling Vikings and Greeks but not, certainly, European Christians) and their traditions of just, being with the land, are reflected in American regular culture. Americans grow up with a lot of Injun practices and privileges that Europeans don't know except through movies, and in part by getting deep into own pagan traditions - but is different, because paganism is of the land, and the land in America has a different spirit. There is just more of it, too.

So - Americans, Republicans, good people - protect the native population from the clutches of the left. Become their benefactor, become their students in a sense, as they are you. Most of them vote conservative and heavily so - their societies had liberty as central value just as you do. Align with the people of the land and be victorious.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Silhouette » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:07 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:I kind of ended up agreeing with people on the left here, not because I want to, but because that just happened -- oh my fuck that feels like SHIT.

Why bro?

You're you and you agree with your own conscience, in line with what you think and what you believe to be true and right. Who cares if there's some perceived grey ground within you that risks overlapping with some collective identity deemed "left" or "right"? Feeling like you can't be yourself because of factors not considered to be part of your self - surely that's gotta feel like SHIT.

I thought you were against that kind of thinking anyway - the whole group identity thing with the collectivist mindset? It's clear you do think in that way with regard to your Jewish heritage and Racism - "race" being a collective group identity. You're gonna find yourself overlapping with the left any time you do that, and think in terms beyond the individual. Personally I think it's ridiculous to deny the existence of thought that occurs either in terms of the individual or the group, it's perfectly possible to make meaningful considerations at any level of abstraction. To reduce the whole thing to absurdity: even the self is a collective of body parts made of cells and so on, and even a race has particular individual instances of DNA pervading throughout, along with cultural traditions, stories and languages. Even your own identity as an individual relies on language within a socio-cultural context.

So of course you're gonna find yourself spilling over messily into all kinds of categories. I get it - there's characteristics of the left that are evil in your eyes, and you want to distance yourself from them at all costs because you don't want to be evil. That's your conscience, as I mentioned earlier. It has resolved to "other" a certain kind of thinking/person, with whom you don't want anything to do, and with whom you don't even want to feel remotely associated.

I think of myself as a "lefto", as I'm sure you think of me too, but even as "evil" as I am to you, even I appreciate that humanity is messy. I love my clean cut analytic philosophy for picking apart arguments to undo cognitive biases and logical fallacies, but ultimately I'm an authentic individual even though I sympathise with the left more than the right. I think in both ways: individualistic and collectivist, because how in the hell can I empathise if I "other" entire categories of people? How in the hell can I understand what's really going on if I dissociate myself from whole sections of reality?

Think back to the lefty hippies of the 60s and 70s - they wanted to integrate with the "Injuns" and the pagans, and to incorporate the wisdom of those traditions into their own lives - just as you're attributing to the Americans, Republicans and good people of today. What has leftism evolved into now? How much have you or I changed as individuals over the course of time? It's messy, man - and the only way to keep up without getting swept away by it all is to know how to stand back as an objective impartial yardstick against which to order and compare all the greyness and all the change, while simultaneously being able to integrate yourself healthily back within all the chaos and be one with it.
Silhouette
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:32 am

For me its a visceral, survival kind of thing, politics. For the left it is generally a game, an ideological, abstract thing in the end. About ideas and not facts.

Of course certain basic concerns (poverty, police violence) are real, but they do not pretend to really want to resolve these, what they want is to overthrow destroy, what they see is the symbolic signifier of what hurts people.
They don't go after the real causes. Unfortunately leftists always reach for the worst criminal oligarchic business people to back them. Its an error I think, to treat politics as an idealistic endeavour. An error which has no parallel in how costly it is.
I happen to have grown up amidst abusive leftist people, narcissistic psychopaths in some cases, inside of hard left politics inner circle. Abusive narcissism, as you would imagine the regime of say, Bresjnjev, is honestly a common trait amidst people working in left-wing politics.

Trump has my undying love, as being the first politician I ever knew (and Ive grown up in politics and have been a field and editing journalist, politics is close to me) who has diminished the level of abuse that goes on in the world substantially. That is pure and simple the only reason I love him and why I detest the ruthless, truthless and sanctimonious opposition he gets from so called social-minded people, even though I do not detest these people most of the time. I think they are simply unaware of how to process information in the context of politics, and I don't think this is a character flaw, but a very normal thing. Politics is a form of magic in the showmans sense, whatever you are most clearly shown is certain to not be the case.

You are being shown Trump is a fool. Trump works hard at keeping that image alive. It is an important edge.
People who look a the ground, trust only tangible, first and multiply verified second hand experience, love him with a kind of wonder, for what he pulls off and what he endures.

Okay, basically you can say that for me, a hyper empath with knowledge form my first year of the scenes of professional left wing politics, politics is a kind of form of psychology dealing with the criminally insane and extraordinarily clever. Society is made up of a psychopathic structure at the level of conceptually driven representative politics. Lies aren't just common, the capacity to lie well is rewarded most of all things, and to lie well at the cost of another is the true life blood of left-wing parliamentary and governmental politics. It has nothing to do with you, or local level politics - almost all local politics is decent. It has to do with people in national governments and in great publishing powers, Hollywood essentially.
I used to imagine myself a Hollywood filmmaker, had a portrait of Marx, playfully albeit, l on my mantle for a while, and was in a rap group called KGB. I collected for sea mammals and smeared christian Conservative party billboards. I was a leftist in heart and soul or so I would be characterized. Except I also had an eye for true accomplishment, and gradually I came to appreciate philosophy as the art of artistic and spiritual accomplishment, and that is how I gradually came to understand some of the positions on the right. Not long after, some stuff began to occur in my nation that drove some of these positions home to me.... and gradually I turned more to the right, as a principle of rational ethics, which in turn slowly gave me power to understand that many people around me were not in a universe for sane people. And yet they operate so smoothly....
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 am

The ideological right of which Molyneux is a part is equally narcissistic as the left, and really a kind of Marxism of itself. A class struggle, a dialectic of capital and real people, - its the same thing.
The nationalistic right is decent folk. People who sing their hearts out with the difficult second verse of the anthem and actually mean that shit.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:06 am

What I see on the intellectual left and ideological right as a general rule:
"of course im right because Ive thought it through."

You cant think through life.
Politics is life, not an idea.
Lies work much better in it than truths, unless you are in a postion of executive power. Then alone does the truth work in politics, and only because you're no longer practicing politics, but directly applying creative and destructive will. Truth is clearly of most value when a choice has to be made between creation and destruction. If neither can be accomplished, truth is very useless and is responded to with great annoyance all across the board. Below executive power, what matters is management of tendencies. Trump mastered this for his election. In executive power, if you want something done you have to call it like it is, exactly like in a card game. Truth is the best weapon if you know you have the highest hand.
Not all presidents represent their own presidency; many are figureheads as we know; the ones who did represent themselves have usually been very radical and very successful, the ones who didnt tended to ward over slow and costly wars that lead to nothing but the need for more and even slower war. A true presidency is rare - I think this is the first one since Delano Roosevelt; like him, Trump oversaw the end of wars and started impressive and robust economic growth. Unlike him, he did not seek to control the globe in an arrangement with other major contenders, but disentangled the web of superpowers and brought about a situation of many powerful nation states competing without engaging in any serious combat.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:26 am

One of the reasons to disrust Molyneux is that he acts as if the right is not in executive power in the US; whereas many concerns are surely somewhat valid, he fails to be happy where it is appropriate. A sure sign of an ideologue.

You can not be a serious lover of liberty without having a deep happiness about the sheer valour that your leader has displayed before the gods. Its awesome, frankly.
It makes a lot of things right that seemed hopeless. It grants that will might indeed be the same as love wherever it governs of its own devices, and that our species is capable of far more than what we represent coming out of the Christian Era. Christ, the ultimate representative, the sublimation of eros into politics - Trump is beyond that magic, he doesn't have that shine and sanctity - he just is immensely pleased, clearly, that he has made it to be president of his great country. He is not worried about deserving it, he did it all by himself.

He did have Bannon when it counted, but in the 80s he was already talking about running someday, on the same issues.

You have to understand, men did not often accomplish such things by their own family resources, at all. Usually men to take over the world-power had backing by several old organizations.
Trump was fought to the very last moment by the Republicans. He is not beholden to anyone. Actually, it seems.

On the other hand, the movement that is raging for EQUALITY is a bode of the coming age of Aquarius, no doubt. The elections after the coming ones will tell us how we should be considering that for real; Pluto moves into Aquarius then for the first time since 1776, which would mean nothing if it weren't simply how things are.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Next

Return to Current Events