Coronavirus Hoax

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: Coronavirus Hoax

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:11 am

A reply, to a post on the WHO’s Facebook page..

“Avoid crowded places. Wear your mask and a surgical one if possible. It prevents both you and people around you from infection. Even if an droplet falls on the eye the eye has something called vitreous humour which effectively protects it from reaching the nasal cavity. Think about it, we would have a billion cases by now if transmission had indeed been airborne. There's a good chance we can bear this yet with masking up.“
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Looks like more bad news for the world..

China reports NEW unknown disease spreading across Asian country deadlier than COVID-19

CHINESE officials have warned of a fatal "unknown pneumonia" with a death rate higher than the coronavirus COVID-19 which is spreading across an Asian country.

Areas in Kazakhstan have seen major spikes in cases of the disease since mid-June. The country’s Health Ministry said it recorded more than 32,000 cases of a previously unknown type of pneumonia between 29 June and 5 July with 451 deaths
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:54 pm

What is the universal mathematical language for 'HELP'? you know it wouldnt be a bad idea for SETI scientists to start sending distress calls into outer space.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:15 pm

promethean75 wrote:What is the universal mathematical language for 'HELP'? you know it wouldnt be a bad idea for SETI scientists to start sending distress calls into outer space.

:lol:

Let’s get Silhouette and Magnus on it, right now! We need the final translation in different formats, as we can’t take any chances on translation at their end.

The world is already border-isolated, so at least we’ve all already got that going for us and in our favour, but not so much for China, Mongolia, and the rest of the near-East. :|

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm

I’m halting all my orders from eBay China! can’t take any chances right now.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Imma tell you what's so fucked up about this. I should he able to exile myself from civilization and find me a spot in the mountains until this thing blows over. That should be my right. But I cant do it because it'd be illegal. So essentially I am being forcibly trapped to exist in proximity to a bunch of virus carrying idiots.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:39 pm

A balanced view of the new situation, courtesy of Forbes.

“China is panicking the world over viruses and here is another one: an unknown pneumonia sweeping Kazakhstan that was highlighted by the Chinese Embassy as a fair warning to their biggest Silk Road partner in Central Asia.

The story broke on Thursday. And on Friday, Kazakhstan rejected China’s warning of a new bug circulating on its home turf.

The South China Morning Post reported yesterday that the Chinese embassy was getting nervous about a spike in pneumonia cases over the last five weeks.

“The death rate of this disease is much higher than the novel coronavirus. The country’s health departments are conducting comparative research into the pneumonia virus, but have yet to identify it,” the embassy said in a warning to Chinese citizens in the country.

Kazakhstan public health officials said it was standard pneumonia.“

So it is pneumonia, then? at least that much is clear and has been confirmed.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:44 pm

No pneumonia is a condition of a disease caused by a virus. Its not a virus itself. And it's common for viruses to cause it due to the lungs being the first and most perfect port of entry. Pneumonia is a build up of fluids due to inflammation interfering with fluid circulation (or something like that).

But there is no pneumonia virus or bacteria. I'm pretty fuckin sure.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:06 pm

promethean75 wrote:No pneumonia is a condition of a disease caused by a virus. Its not a virus itself. And it's common for viruses to cause it due to the lungs being the first and most perfect port of entry. Pneumonia is a build up of fluids due to inflammation interfering with fluid circulation (or something like that).

But there is no pneumonia virus or bacteria. I'm pretty fuckin sure.

Did I say that there was? Putting words in my mouth?

The end result is pneumonia, or death by pneumonia.. either way, it’s not the preferable choice of illness or demise.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 pm

The 'it' in the ending statement when they say 'it was standard pneumonia' can be inferred to mean the actual virus rather than the disease. That wasn't clarified in the way the article ended. Was written like it implied the existence of a pneumonia virus. That's why I replied like I did. Wuddint sayin you wuz sayin it.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:26 pm

I see and agree.. the article ends up implying that it’s your common garden variety of pneumonia, as opposed to some super-virus induced pneumonia, ergo.. it’s standard pneumonia.

A stale mate for now, between those States, until one of them can prove otherwise.

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Kazakhstan officials are saying 'viral pneumonias of unspecified etiology', and report that the pneumonia is being caused by bacterial, fungal and viral infections.

There has been a recent and rather sudden increase in cases, but they've not been able to say it's all being caused by one specific covid like virus.

And i thought the smartest Kazakhstan had to offer was Borat. I didn't even know they had scientists over there.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm

I'm sending Turd to the region to do research and gather intelligence. We need to get to the bottom of this.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:05 am

More details here (warning: not for the faint hearted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIekl6_tk4

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:47 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/opin ... e=Homepage

'When you mix science and politics, you get politics. With the coronavirus, the United States has proved politics hasn’t worked. If we are to fully reopen both the economy and schools safely — which can be done — we have to return to science.

'To understand just how bad things are in the United States and, more important, what can be done about it requires comparison. At this writing, Italy, once the poster child of coronavirus devastation and with a population twice that of Texas, has recently averaged about 200 new cases a day when Texas has had over 9,000. Germany, with a population four times that of Florida, has had fewer than 400 new cases a day. On Sunday, Florida reported over 15,300, the highest single-day total of any state.

'The White House says the country has to learn to live with the virus. That’s one thing if new cases occurred at the rates in Italy or Germany, not to mention South Korea or Australia or Vietnam (which so far has zero deaths). It’s another thing when the United States has the highest growth rate of new cases in the world, ahead even of Brazil.

'Italy, Germany and dozens of other countries have reopened almost entirely, and they had every reason to do so. They all took the virus seriously and acted decisively, and they continue to: Australia just issued fines totaling $18,000 because too many people attended a birthday party in someone’s home.'

Then these traitors to the cause:

https://youtu.be/cl5xS2KnrXo
https://youtu.be/TrKXC-Ec-hI
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Significant numbers of deaths related to lockdown - iow not just suicides and economy related deaths, but due to reduced medical care for other issues.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... virus.html
This was even a contributing factor in the death of a friend who felt ill, self-quarantined rather than what he would have usually done, and died of a heart attack.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Current Events