What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:56 am

iambiguous wrote:
phyllo wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Biggie won't even lay out what he considers facts, so there's never any need to debate squat with him.

You're prejudiced. You're biased.

You rationalize. You find excuses.

You're more interested in confirming your beliefs than anything else.

It's literally impossible to present facts to you.


Whether this is expressed ironically or not, it is basically applicable to all objectivists. You know, in my opinion.

One could be discussing impeachment with Joker, or Communism with you.

The facts are only there to be accumulated into an existential contraption that reinforces political prejudices that are derived experientially from the life that you lived.

And it is from this frame of mind that the "real me" is intertwined in the "right thing to do" in order to generate and to sustain the psychological comfort and consolation derived from convincing yourself that the facts are there to back you up. And only you.

Then it's just a matter of having or not having the intellectual honesty and integrity to accept that about your own moral and political value judgments.

You know, if this in fact is actually true.

In any event, you only have to convince each other what the facts tell us. While, in tandem, coming after me for fucking up your oh so soothing is/ought qua either/or political agendas.
Is there any point in trying to explain to you all the problems with this post?

No. It would be a complete waste of time.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12113
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:02 am

phyllo wrote:You're prejudiced. You're biased.

You rationalize. You find excuses.

You're more interested in confirming your beliefs than anything else.

It's literally impossible to present facts to you.


Whether this is expressed ironically or not, it is basically applicable to all objectivists. You know, in my opinion.

One could be discussing impeachment with Joker, or Communism with you.

The facts are only there to be accumulated into an existential contraption that reinforces political prejudices that are derived experientially from the life that you lived.

And it is from this frame of mind that the "real me" is intertwined in the "right thing to do" in order to generate and to sustain the psychological comfort and consolation derived from convincing yourself that the facts are there to back you up. And only you.

Then it's just a matter of having or not having the intellectual honesty and integrity to accept that about your own moral and political value judgments.

You know, if this in fact is actually true.

In any event, you only have to convince each other what the facts tell us. While, in tandem, coming after me for fucking up your oh so soothing is/ought qua either/or political agendas.[/quote]


phyllo wrote:Is there any point in trying to explain to you all the problems with this post?

No. It would be a complete waste of time.


So you keep telling me. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

And that's just so far.

Come on, my friend, if you don't want to be shot, get out of the barrel. :lol:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38493
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:20 am

You have thoroughly thrashed me. I acknowledge that you are superior to me in every way. Please withdraw and let me recover from this beating.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12113
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Gloominary » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:58 am

I'm not a fan of Trump, he didn't live up to his populist rhetoric.
That being said, all presidents are corrupt.
Temporarily withholding millions from Ukraine while trying to dig dirt up on senile, creepy Joe's son pales in comparison to the economic and war crimes committed by the previous two admins.
Meanwhile the liberal establishment has bought Facebook, google and twitter and are using them to de-platform conservatives, curtailing freedom of speech.

They're not going after him for his corruption, they're going after him because they're worried about what he's uncovered or he'll uncover about their corruption, among other things.
They've been slinging mud at Trump since day one to see if anything'd stick, and so far nothing really has.
They're desperately behind in their own polls and they're willing to sacrifice the economy (not that it's good, the middle and working class have been in decline since the 80s, but that's a systemic issue, not an issue specific to the current admin) and sociopolitical stability over something that doesn't affect ordinary Americans, only dems.

In rhetoric, candidate Trump was a maverick, in reality, president Trump is a moderate, but they don't like him because of what he represents to ordinary Americans: their desire to take a nationalist turn, like the UK, Italy, Poland, Hungary and other western countries.
To put ordinary Americans ahead of the plutocrats on the one hand, and foreigners, immigrants and minorities on the other.
Unfortunately Trump never did that, but they still hate him.
Last edited by Gloominary on Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:03 am

phyllo wrote:You have thoroughly thrashed me. I acknowledge that you are superior to me in every way. Please withdraw and let me recover from this beating.


Okay, but Wendy stays in the barrel!!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38493
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Gloominary » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:18 am

Or maybe they don't hate him and they're just feigning to.

They have to keep the political theatre going.

In practice they're all about the same.

In any case, let's take a closer look at the left side of the aisle:

I don’t want to hear Democrats pretending that the fact that Biden’s son got a do-nothing $600k per year corporate handout is unremarkable. It is wrong

The son of a longtime US senator gets his start as a lawyer with one of the biggest corporate donors to his dad’s campaigns; a friend of his dad’s gets him a job in the Clinton administration, and then as a lobbyist; later, while his father is vice president, he is given a $50,000 per month seat on the board of a Ukrainian energy firm, despite lacking any clear energy expertise. How does this all happen? It happened the same way that Chelsea Clinton became a “special correspondent” for NBC News

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/11/hunter-biden-democrats-joe-biden-ukraine-trump

And I'm sure dems never pulled strings to dig dirt up on their opponents (assuming that's what Trump did). 8-[
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:53 pm

phyllo wrote:
Don’t have to be singing from the same hymn sheet i.e. the same religion or ethnic group, to share a common narrative and end goal. You can do this, you’ve got this US!
It's a split between Democrat and Republican. They don't seem to be able to find a common narrative.

I don’t think the evidently-huge fissures within each Party’s supporters is helping either Party, in finding a common narrative. Now.. if I said anymore, you’d have to start paying me for my ideas. ; )
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 20872
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:20 pm

phyllo wrote:
To address what I wrote, why wouldn't many have fled when they learned that they were to be persecuted? Then add the fact that there was no census for 20 years, again more relocation could have occurred.
Then they would have been accounted for in another location.
You seem to think that the people who look at this census data are so dimwitted that they don't realize that to be a possibility.

Not dimwitted, only part of the racket to inflate the numbers. One would literally have to sift through all the census data from every country from 1930-1950 (which either doesn't exist or is not made public) and take into account some loss of life due to accidental deaths and old age. If census reports for many countries don't exist, how did they get their information? They made it up. Made it up just like the Russia hoax.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Not dimwitted, only part of the racket to inflate the numbers.
That's your bias.
One would literally have to sift through all the census data from every country from 1930-1950 (which either doesn't exist or is not made public) and take into account some loss of life due to accidental deaths and old age.
No shit?? :o
If census reports for many countries don't exist, how did they get their information?
Census is only a part of the puzzle. Company reports, accounting ledgers, railway records, etc are some other pieces.
They made it up.
Maybe you're making that up.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12113
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:38 pm

ok, the oath of the president...

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the
office of the President of the United States, and will to the best
of my ability preserve, protect and defend the constitution
of the United States"


under article two, section 3, it is stated

….."he shall take care that the laws to be faithfully executed"....

Now this clause demands that he observes that the laws be faithfully
executed...….in other words, if he violates the law, he is violating
his oath as President.. as he is to "take care that the laws are
to be faithfully executed"....now to the point of his breaking the
laws... He has willfully violated the law by refusing to allow
his staff to answer the lawful subpoenas of congress...a subpoena is a
written order to compel an individual to give testimony on a particular
subject, often before a court, but sometimes in other proceedings,
(such as an congressional inquiries)… recall that during the Clinton
administration that Susan McDougal went to prison for 18 months
for civil contempt for not answering a congressional subpoena....

thus there is historical precedence for such an act of violating
the lawful, lawful subpoena of the Congress.....

thus he has willfully violated his oath of office, he has refused
to turn over documents also subpoenaed by congress.. thus once
again violating his oath of office, violating the constitution.....

now one may argue that these are minor violations of the law,
but note in the very language of the constitution, that the President
is not given a choice as to what laws he may or may not obey...
he is expected to faithfully execute the laws.... regardless if he
approves of the law or not..... he cannot pick and choose which
laws he shall obey....

congress has within its congressional rights has ask for IQ45 taxes...

he has refused and thus once again he has violated the law....

it doesn't matter if he feels that lies outside of congressional
rights, the law must be obeyed.... any time, any time,
he violates the law, he is violating his constitutional mandated
oath of office..

he has ignored the constitutional emolument clause of Article two,
section 7....

"the president shall, at stated times, receive for his services,
a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor,
diminished during the period for which he shall have
been elected, and HE SHALL NOT RECIEVED WITHIN THAT
PERIOD ANY OTHER ENOLUMENT FROM THE UNITED STATES
OR ANY OF THEM"

In other words, he cannot receive any additional income based
upon his being president or he is in violation of the constitution....
he has received millions of dollars, taxpayers dollars,
when he goes to his hotels and receives benefits from
owning that hotel.. for example, the secret service must
pay millions of dollars to use his hotels, money that comes
from taxpayers.. he directly has benefited from taxpayers money
going into his hotels....that is in direct violation of
the emolument clause of the constitution.. he is using his position
as president to receive income from the United States.....

if he breaks the law or allows the law to be broken, he is
in direct violation of the constitution that "he faithfully executes
the office of President of the United States"...…

as for the first article of impeachment, that he willfully
acted as "an abuse of his office" that can be shown by his
demand that other countries investigate person or persons
involved in elections.. in other words, by proclaiming that
Russia should go after Hilary's e-mails, he is asking for
a foreign power to interfere with our elections...

he has directly ask China to investigate the Biden's, he
has asked the Ukraine to investigate the Biden's.. he
has admitted it, Mick Mulvaney admitted this, Rudy
admitted it... he has confessed to asking a foreign power
to interfere with upcoming elections to benefit himself.....

and that is the key, to benefit himself...

that is in violation of his oath of office....

"to preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States"

to actively engage in subverting the rights of Americans
to have a free and fair elections is to actively engage
in violating his oath "to preserve, protect and defend"

this is not only an engagement in violating the letter of the
law, the constitution but the spirit of the constitution....

a president is to put America first and IQ45 has clearly and without
any argument, has put himself first...… you cannot call for an investigation
into your political rival by an foreign government and still make any
claim that you are putting "America first".....

if at any point, you put your personal claims ahead of your congressional
or constitutional requirements, you are not putting America first, you are
not obeying the constitution which means you are breaking the law....

the highest law in the land is the original law which is the constitution...
and any violation, any violation of the original law of the land,
the constitution, is a direct violation of your oath of office....

if you willfully break the law, and IQ45 has clearly broke both
the letter of the constitution and the spirit of the constitution...
you then have broken the law... and you should be impeached for
your violations of the law..... you must, must obey the laws as
your have made an oath to do so.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Show me a video clip of Trump admitting that he asked any country to investigate Biden, an admission of having done it.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:14 pm

phyllo wrote:
Not dimwitted, only part of the racket to inflate the numbers.
That's your bias.
One would literally have to sift through all the census data from every country from 1930-1950 (which either doesn't exist or is not made public) and take into account some loss of life due to accidental deaths and old age.
No shit?? :o
If census reports for many countries don't exist, how did they get their information?
Census is only a part of the puzzle. Company reports, accounting ledgers, railway records, etc are some other pieces.
They made it up.
Maybe you're making that up.


Other than your answers becoming more and more childish, you don't seem to care about the accuracy, being satisfied with the 6 million figure and that is to be expected because that is what you have been taught without the appropriate evidence. Most countries didn't conduct any census in the 1920/30s. Most didn't start conducting censuses until the 1960's or later. No shit, how'd they sift through what doesn't even exist?

I'll look into the other aspects that you claim to be evidence, but already what you have been claiming is not holding up to basic scrutiny.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:25 pm

as I have made clear on many, many occasions, I lack
any type of technical ability, so I am unable to post such a video,
but on Oct 3 in a press briefing, this question was asked of
IQ45....

Question: Mr. President, what exactly did you hope Zelensky
would do about the Biden's after your phone call? Exactly?

Trump: well, I would think that, if they were honest about it,
they start a major investigation into the Biden's....Its a very simple
answer.

and in that very same press briefing, IQ45 ask for China to investigate
the Biden's....

I found it on youtube for oct, 3.. I just don't know how to post it here....

and that folks is a confession...I ask for an investigation into the Biden's....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:as I have made clear on many, many occasions, I lack
any type of technical ability, so I am unable to post such a video,
but on Oct 3 in a press briefing, this question was asked of
IQ45....

Question: Mr. President, what exactly did you hope Zelensky
would do about the Biden's after your phone call? Exactly?

Trump: well, I would think that, if they were honest about it,
they start a major investigation into the Biden's....Its a very simple
answer.

and in that very same press briefing, IQ45 ask for China to investigate
the Biden's....

and that folks is a confession...I ask for an investigation into the Biden's....

Kropotkin


A fact. Only, in fact, the denizen's of Trumpword rejoin, he asked that only because he had a genuine concern about corruption in Ukraine; and he sincerely believed Biden was a part of that.

Then you come back with facts that dispute this and they with their own to dispute that.

And, again, even if the other side were to actually agree that your facts, uh, trump theirs, they can then argue that in this case the end [keeping America white, making the rich even richer etc.] justifies any means.

Facts here are always just existential pawns in the political prejudice game.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38493
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Other than your answers becoming more and more childish, you don't seem to care about the accuracy, being satisfied with the 6 million figure and that is to be expected because that is what you have been taught without the appropriate evidence.
Yes I do care about the accuracy.

"They made up numbers" isn't an argument and isn't evidence that the numbers are wrong.
Most countries didn't conduct any census in the 1920/30s. Most didn't start conducting censuses until the 1960's or later.
Which countries?
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12113
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby phyllo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:54 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Show me a video clip of Trump admitting that he asked any country to investigate Biden, an admission of having done it.

If such a video is provided, then you would support impeaching Trump?
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12113
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:08 pm

phyllo wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Show me a video clip of Trump admitting that he asked any country to investigate Biden, an admission of having done it.

If such a video is provided, then you would support impeaching Trump?


:lol:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38493
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:as I have made clear on many, many occasions, I lack
any type of technical ability, so I am unable to post such a video,
but on Oct 3 in a press briefing, this question was asked of
IQ45....

Question: Mr. President, what exactly did you hope Zelensky
would do about the Biden's after your phone call? Exactly?

Trump: well, I would think that, if they were honest about it,
they start a major investigation into the Biden's....Its a very simple
answer.

and in that very same press briefing, IQ45 ask for China to investigate
the Biden's....

and that folks is a confession...I ask for an investigation into the Biden's....

Kropotkin


A fact. Only, in fact, the denizen's of Trumpword rejoin, he asked that only because he had a genuine concern about corruption in Ukraine; and he sincerely believed Biden was a part of that.

Then you come back with facts that dispute this and they with their own to dispute that.

And, again, even if the other side were to actually agree that your facts, uh, trump theirs, they can then argue that in this case the end [keeping America white, making the rich even richer etc.] justifies any means.

Facts here are always just existential pawns in the political prejudice game.


K: I agree that facts are often the pawns of a political game... but we have the problem
of timing.. in other words, IQ45 has not mentioned corruption before... if one has
an interest in corruption and eliminating corruption, you should probably mention it
before, before it become politically convenient for one to mention it....in other words,
has IQ45 worried about or mentioned corruption before Biden became his top rival?

the answer is clear...….IQ45 hasn't mentioned corruption before it became
a political answer to a problem...….and since then, has he mentioned or
referred to corruption in any other country beside the Ukraine?

no, he hasn't.... so his interest in corruption is limited to the Biden's
and the Ukraine.... rather limited interest in corruption if he is truly
interested in corruption...…

and just so it is clear, the aid that everyone mentions,
was based upon the Ukraine meeting certain anti-corruption
standards which the state department and the congress said
they met....this so called corruption of the Ukraine was already
answered by the State department in its meeting of
standards already met.....

so, IQ45 cherry picked which standards of corruption he wanted
to investigate... not the standards already met by Ukraine
as so far as anti-corruption standards as certified by the state
department and congress....

every single argument offered by IQ45 and his supporters
has been already been factored in....overall, he has no
interest in corruption as evidence by him ever referring to
corruption in any other country and corruption in the Ukraine
having been covered by both the state department and congress
as meeting the standards set to receive the aid in question...

so it becomes a political question of investigating the Biden's based
on his being a top political rival and not based on corruption....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:17 pm

iambiguous wrote:
phyllo wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Show me a video clip of Trump admitting that he asked any country to investigate Biden, an admission of having done it.

If such a video is provided, then you would support impeaching Trump?


:lol:


YouTube.. oct 3, 2019..... it is easy enough to look at.. even with
my very limited skills, I found it....you can to... if you were to be honest
with yourself or us....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:20 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:as I have made clear on many, many occasions, I lack
any type of technical ability, so I am unable to post such a video,
but on Oct 3 in a press briefing, this question was asked of
IQ45....

Question: Mr. President, what exactly did you hope Zelensky
would do about the Biden's after your phone call? Exactly?

Trump: well, I would think that, if they were honest about it,
they start a major investigation into the Biden's....Its a very simple
answer.

and in that very same press briefing, IQ45 ask for China to investigate
the Biden's....

and that folks is a confession...I ask for an investigation into the Biden's....

Kropotkin


A fact. Only, in fact, the denizen's of Trumpword rejoin, he asked that only because he had a genuine concern about corruption in Ukraine; and he sincerely believed Biden was a part of that.

Then you come back with facts that dispute this and they with their own to dispute that.

And, again, even if the other side were to actually agree that your facts, uh, trump theirs, they can then argue that in this case the end [keeping America white, making the rich even richer etc.] justifies any means.

Facts here are always just existential pawns in the political prejudice game.


K: I agree that facts are often the pawns of a political game... but we have the problem
of timing.. in other words, IQ45 has not mentioned corruption before... if one has
an interest in corruption and eliminating corruption, you should probably mention it
before, before it become politically convenient for one to mention it....in other words,
has IQ45 worried about or mentioned corruption before Biden became his top rival?

the answer is clear...….IQ45 hasn't mentioned corruption before it became
a political answer to a problem...….and since then, has he mentioned or
referred to corruption in any other country beside the Ukraine?

no, he hasn't.... so his interest in corruption is limited to the Biden's
and the Ukraine.... rather limited interest in corruption if he is truly
interested in corruption...…

and just so it is clear, the aid that everyone mentions,
was based upon the Ukraine meeting certain anti-corruption
standards which the state department and the congress said
they met....this so called corruption of the Ukraine was already
answered by the State department in its meeting of
standards already met.....

so, IQ45 cherry picked which standards of corruption he wanted
to investigate... not the standards already met by Ukraine
as so far as anti-corruption standards as certified by the state
department and congress....

every single argument offered by IQ45 and his supporters
has been already been factored in....overall, he has no
interest in corruption as evidence by him ever referring to
corruption in any other country and corruption in the Ukraine
having been covered by both the state department and congress
as meeting the standards set to receive the aid in question...

so it becomes a political question of investigating the Biden's based
on his being a top political rival and not based on corruption....

Kropotkin


Oh well, my point was completely wasted here. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38493
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:as I have made clear on many, many occasions, I lack
any type of technical ability, so I am unable to post such a video,
but on Oct 3 in a press briefing, this question was asked of
IQ45....

Question: Mr. President, what exactly did you hope Zelensky
would do about the Biden's after your phone call? Exactly?

Trump: well, I would think that, if they were honest about it,
they start a major investigation into the Biden's....Its a very simple
answer.

and in that very same press briefing, IQ45 ask for China to investigate
the Biden's....

and that folks is a confession...I ask for an investigation into the Biden's....

Kropotkin


A fact. Only, in fact, the denizen's of Trumpword rejoin, he asked that only because he had a genuine concern about corruption in Ukraine; and he sincerely believed Biden was a part of that.

Then you come back with facts that dispute this and they with their own to dispute that.

And, again, even if the other side were to actually agree that your facts, uh, trump theirs, they can then argue that in this case the end [keeping America white, making the rich even richer etc.] justifies any means.

Facts here are always just existential pawns in the political prejudice game.


K: I agree that facts are often the pawns of a political game... but we have the problem
of timing.. in other words, IQ45 has not mentioned corruption before... if one has
an interest in corruption and eliminating corruption, you should probably mention it
before, before it become politically convenient for one to mention it....in other words,
has IQ45 worried about or mentioned corruption before Biden became his top rival?

the answer is clear...….IQ45 hasn't mentioned corruption before it became
a political answer to a problem...….and since then, has he mentioned or
referred to corruption in any other country beside the Ukraine?

no, he hasn't.... so his interest in corruption is limited to the Biden's
and the Ukraine.... rather limited interest in corruption if he is truly
interested in corruption...…

and just so it is clear, the aid that everyone mentions,
was based upon the Ukraine meeting certain anti-corruption
standards which the state department and the congress said
they met....this so called corruption of the Ukraine was already
answered by the State department in its meeting of
standards already met.....

so, IQ45 cherry picked which standards of corruption he wanted
to investigate... not the standards already met by Ukraine
as so far as anti-corruption standards as certified by the state
department and congress....

every single argument offered by IQ45 and his supporters
has been already been factored in....overall, he has no
interest in corruption as evidence by him ever referring to
corruption in any other country and corruption in the Ukraine
having been covered by both the state department and congress
as meeting the standards set to receive the aid in question...

so it becomes a political question of investigating the Biden's based
on his being a top political rival and not based on corruption....

Kropotkin


Does Trump calling for "Draining the swamp in Washington" not speak to ending corruption, come on? That has been his motto, anti corruption, since he campaigned. Trump point blank called Hillary Clinton out on her corruption and finished by threatening to have her arrested.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby iambiguous » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Does Trump calling for "Draining the swamp in Washington" not speak to ending corruption, come on? That has been his motto, anti corruption, since he campaigned. Trump point blank called Hillary Clinton out on her corruption and finished by threatening to have her arrested.


See how surreal this can all get?!! =D>
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38493
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:28 pm

K: I agree that facts are often the pawns of a political game... but we have the problem
of timing.. in other words, IQ45 has not mentioned corruption before... if one has
an interest in corruption and eliminating corruption, you should probably mention it
before, before it become politically convenient for one to mention it....in other words,
has IQ45 worried about or mentioned corruption before Biden became his top rival?

I: Oh well, my point was completely wasted here. :wink:[/quote]


K: I got your point, but I decided to
play it straight... facts are convenient footballs
to be bounced around as needed in any argument...
but enough facts, can lead one to a relatively
secure position regarding facts....I myself have argued
against facts being a mean of coming to a conclusion...
but that doesn't mean we can safely ignore facts when
its convenient.. we must have facts or our entire world
become a place where only opinions count and facts have
no meaning...and that is a sad world indeed....

oh yah, it is the world of IQ45 and his followers...
where facts can be ignored whenever they don't lead
to the conclusions you want.... ignore facts at your own peril....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Q67tAUiMg
A public recommendation calling for an investigation is Trump admitting to having forced the issue in private? Is that your evidence?

If he had forced it in private, why would he call for it publically?
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What is Trump's high crime or misdemeanor?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 pm

iambiguous wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Does Trump calling for "Draining the swamp in Washington" not speak to ending corruption, come on? That has been his motto, anti corruption, since he campaigned. Trump point blank called Hillary Clinton out on her corruption and finished by threatening to have her arrested.


See how surreal this can all get?!! =D>


K: yes, it can be quite surreal..... but you can't expect windy or any other
slave to Trumpism to get the point... the surrealism of it all.....

that is why as a point, I avoid these political discussions whenever
I can.. I mostly post on my understanding of today, time and space thread..
to avoid this nonsense....but occasionally, some post is so out of line and
so partisan that I dip into it.. and every single time, I wind up regretting it...

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users