Implausables?

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Implausables?

Postby Meno_ » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:41 pm

Are eternity and infinity different?

How do NEEds ( near death experiences relate )?

Will we ever find out?
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Implausables?

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:43 pm

Meno_ wrote:Are eternity and infinity different?

How do NEEds ( near death experiences relate )?

Will we ever find out?


Eternity is never beginning or ending... a baffling concept that we know is true.

Infinity is beginning but never ending, a crazy concept, but more intuitive to us.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11741
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Implausables?

Postby Meno_ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:31 am

Ecmandu wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Are eternity and infinity different?

How do NEEds ( near death experiences relate )?

Will we ever find out?


Eternity is never beginning or ending... a baffling concept that we know is true.

Infinity is beginning but never ending, a crazy concept, but more intuitive to us.



I agree, intuition over reason, at times befuddles the mind, and it is increasingly becoming more accepted withon intelligent circles.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Implausables?

Postby Dan~ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:01 am

I like the word transfinite more than infinite.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10564
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Canada Alberta

Re: Implausables?

Postby Meno_ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:19 pm

Dan~ wrote:I like the word transfinite more than infinite.




Infinity? , the word, may be eclipsed by trans-finite, meaning it is through the finite that we can think of the infinite, in order to reach it? Or, is the infinite a given .minimum to aspire to gain a foothold into the paradigmn experience of the finite
Sounds familiar? Or is a mathematical description may be analogous in Cantor's set theory?

More questions then answers dont invalidate the coming closure of the circle.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Implausables?

Postby encode_decode » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:20 am

Meno_ wrote:
Dan~ wrote:I like the word transfinite more than infinite.




Infinity? , the word, may be eclipsed by trans-finite, meaning it is through the finite that we can think of the infinite, in order to reach it? Or, is the infinite a given .minimum to aspire to gain a foothold into the paradigmn experience of the finite
Sounds familiar? Or is a mathematical description may be analogous in Cantor's set theory?

More questions then answers dont invalidate the coming closure of the circle.

Questions! Where would we be without questions? Maybe it is implausible to think that we could have communication without questions and leave the rest to statements to exchange knowledge, understanding, and the closure of the circle.
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1284
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm


Return to Science, Technology, and Math



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users