What if?

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: What if?

Postby Meno_ » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:55 am

MagsJ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:It would then seem that we all (impromptu-)party differently, or that our idea of what an impromptu party is, differs greatly from person to person. Music and drinks, for me.. other things, for others.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry, MagsJ, the ballets were posted on the wrong thread.. I totally agree about the music and drinks. Parties can be enjoyable between a few people invited, and also if they bring. along uninvited ones.Are you ok with that?

A shindig.. how exciting. A relaxed affair, of expectations, not expected.. and so the party, unfolding, way into the night.

What’s on the playlist?

Oh, I don't know, maybe a last tango somewhere.

https://youtu.be/kdhTodxH7Gw
Meno_
breathless

Postby Meno_ » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:06 am

Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Meno_ wrote:And if You got there time:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDKFk ... playnext=1

This is my pace, I’m afraid.. a classic Waltz, in appropriate attire.

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:33 pm

MagsJ wrote:

Beautifully moderne version. Unlike as though seen through the spots in a leopard.
Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:09 pm

Meno_ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

Beautifully moderne version. Unlike as though seen through the spots in a leopard.

Meaning? for I don’t know what you mean.

I don’t know what constantly ails you, Meno_ but I’m sure it will pass.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:45 pm

Mags J says :

"I don’t know what constantly ails you, Meno_ but I’m sure it will pass.[/quote]

>>>>>>>>

me no answers

Hopefully, MagsJ, maybe the confusion between appearing caustic and unwilling to see any particular cause from a sorcefully affective origin?

And here is the real clue which may have given You pause, the 'Leopard' is the movie from which adaptation I was referring to.

My lasting cinematic love : Claudia Cardinale.

Sorry for my presumptions attitude, fellow vampire.
Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Meno_ wrote:Mags J says :

"I don’t know what constantly ails you, Meno_ but I’m sure it will pass.

>>>>>>>>

me no answers

Hopefully, MagsJ, maybe the confusion between appearing caustic and unwilling to see any particular cause from a sorcefully affective origin?

And here is the real clue which may have given You pause, the 'Leopard' is the movie from which adaptation I was referring to.

My lasting cinematic love : Claudia Cardinale.

Sorry for my presumptions attitude, fellow vampire.

..and such things, will come to pass.. like all things do.
MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:29 pm

Meno_ wrote:If Christ came back tomorrow, and there was a boxing match where he had to match up against the Ubermench , who could determine the outcome of the fight and the fate of the New World Order?

In case of a tie, could WW3 be avoided ?

Please comment if you have the imagination and guts.

Something like this??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY-YzmRS9NE
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:39 am

Sculptor wrote:
Meno_ wrote:If Christ came back tomorrow, and there was a boxing match where he had to match up against the Ubermench , who could determine the outcome of the fight and the fate of the New World Order?

Something like this??

Nothing like this...The the unermensch and the Chtist may not be on opposite sides of a pole beheld, on a moralistic plane, where the pole is one of many strands that make up the plane's many dimensions.

What the ubermemsch has to overcome, literally is undefinable. It teeters , totters from a motionless, singular interpretation , for which antiquity paid a heavy price, loosing an ill in firmed face, a mask with which audiences recognized him, for bearing tragedy, and. It"s inescapably fated trajectory, within whose structural affinity even the gods were locked in, and had to play an imagined scene, and were as well condemned.

As if the dramatists could demonstrate by a casual turn of the pen, how it will all be determined, in spite of uneven reception between the effects modulated between the tragic overlay, but possessed by the errors of comedy.
Or vicars versa, the effect can not be seriously changed by a casual affect.

Ice such challenge is sustained, then, well, so be it.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Sculptor » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:57 am

Meno_ wrote:
Sculptor wrote:

Something like this??

Nothing like this...The the unermensch and the Chtist may not be on opposite sides of a pole beheld, on a moralistic plane, where the pole is one of many strands that make up the plane's many dimensions.

What the ubermemsch has to overcome, literally is undefinable. It teeters , totters from a motionless, singular interpretation , for which antiquity paid a heavy price, loosing an ill in firmed face, a mask with which audiences recognized him, for bearing tragedy, and. It"s inescapably fated trajectory, within whose structural affinity even the gods were locked in, and had to play an imagined scene, and were as well condemned.

As if the dramatists could demonstrate by a casual turn of the pen, how it will all be determined, in spite of uneven reception between the effects modulated between the tragic overlay, but possessed by the errors of comedy.
Or vicars versa, the effect can not be seriously changed by a casual affect.

Ice such challenge is sustained, then, well, so be it.

Gosh!!! _ I said "something like this?"
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Something like it. But a thousand pictures are not worth one word.....at times..
Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:15 pm

Meno_ wrote:My lasting cinematic love : Claudia Cardinale.

A real stunner.. I can see why you’re enamoured. ; )

I crush on the past greats too.. S McQueen, W Beatty, T Curtis, J Dean.. and many more besides.
..the end of an era, but there are more anew.
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:33 pm

MagsJ wrote:

I crush on the past greats too.. S McQueen, W Beatty, T Curtis, J Dean.. and many more besides.

Yes but they are fading at an increasing rate, starlets are a dime a dozen with Netflex type productions constantly being churned out.
Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:28 pm

Meno_ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

Yes but they are fading at an increasing rate, starlets are a dime a dozen with Netflex type productions constantly being churned out.

I’m not a Netflixer.. I know not of those Stars, that I see on Instagram and at Award Shows.. and anyway, my crushes are mainly on models not actors. ; )

I preferred the male stars of yesteryear.. I’ve been around actors, and they’re not that confident at all, and wannabe amateur actors are even worse.. they got ego for days.

Your type is voluptuous.. from what you have posted on here.. 50s pinup types.

I’m more 40s/80s.. the fashion-world, having revisited the 40s, in the 80s.. recreating the clothes, hair, and makeup looks.. as well as the stern cold demeanour that went with it. Going to college was a glamorous affair for us creatives.. even jeans were dressed-up, with shirts, ties or cravats, and blazers. The rest of the college-goers on the other courses paled in comparison, to the dressed-up creative set.

But I’ve digressed.. what if, I hadn’t studied art?
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Then you would be stuck in an invariable spectrum of images ranging from vaudeville to the examplar mega image type, swooning and worshipping in their gaze.......

And then some kind of demi urge would come over you, and relapse into a basic instinctual projection of denied feelings for anyone nearly resembling such well put up mega image, and fall in to the total oblivion of a love that such gaze would engender.

This is, sadly what happens if art is subtracted from a production.I am referring specifically to biblical epic type of faith healing via almost film revival mode of allusive bible thumping superheroic images, meant to convert infidel.

Samson and Delilah , and such come to mind, with the biblical heroines and heroes suggesting a voluptuous and simultanious piety that defies description.

But that mind of thing sells at the box office...
Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:27 pm

Meno_ wrote:Then you would be stuck in an invariable spectrum of images ranging from vaudeville to the examplar mega image type, swooning and worshipping in their gaze.......

And then some kind of demi urge would come over you, and relapse into a basic instinctual projection of denied feelings for anyone nearly resembling such well put up mega image, and fall in to the total oblivion of a love that such gaze would engender.

This is, sadly what happens if art is subtracted from a production.I am referring specifically to biblical epic type of faith healing via almost film revival mode of allusive bible thumping superheroic images, meant to convert infidel.

Samson and Delilah , and such come to mind, with the biblical heroines and heroes suggesting a voluptuous and simultanious piety that defies description.

Um, ok.. what if I had gone to work in a big bank, instead of going into Higher Education? would I be the same me.. or someone else?
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:39 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Then you would be stuck in an invariable spectrum of images ranging from vaudeville to the examplar mega image type, swooning and worshipping in their gaze.......

Um, ok.. what if I had gone to work in a big bank, instead of going into Higher Education? would I be the same me.. or someone else?

In some ways the same in others, different. There is no person alive who is not incomperable, there are many Magdi's pondering that question, if how to hold them together.
The limits of what being Mardi is an acute realization that us human beings are mostly acting our own scrmrs it of repertoire that we know how , by rote, and can conbincinhlu and naturally perform, either without falling into the limitless two folded impression of multiple personality, or, the control and release of that state through exercising the method by which parts are learned to indulge the audience , as a role.
We can be someone other unwittingly, like some members here at iilp, who go by other named , who assume they know sometimg about who they really are, and then there are members who'se name remains the same, and that assumtkon, requires an understanding that their self awareness indicates some internal conflict, a split within, where parts of them are not aware of each other
Their claim to credibility rests on the mechanics of interaction of these parts beneath the patent projection that mere outward appearance signify

In most cases, people give each other the benifit of doubt as to their projected claims, since the level of interaction may be sufficient to appraise validity of claims.

A bank in MagsJ may or may not validate either assumed role, depending on both ways of looking at it, and most people would not really appreciate the complexity of apprisL sufficiently to seek and find the significant differences
However, that sort of response may not satisfy the person herself, or you MagsK, and the question really becomes reverted to the question one may ask one's self, but defensively modified: "Have I done enough Cromer the possibilities open to me, to assume a role played in life, or could I have made more, to be able to let people see more of that, as I am seeing myself ?

In Your case, the artistagsJ and the bank worker are.fairly and obviously show a demarcation that convinces a higher education objective, therefore it is safe to say, that in some aspects, you would be different,and you could not assume such difference had you not set your life's defining mode of.objectivity, ...
I am an existential fan of Sartr's work, for him the devining modes are much more infused with ambiguity, his 'self thaught man' from his novel 'Nausea' recognizes authenticity of differing roles, as an intrinsic effort at self devining authenticity, without the need to stay inside the walls of prescribed 'method acting' the can demarginaluze the difference between the professionally trained and the self thought.
This does not describe You, You are internally cohesed, as abiding mostly by socially and culturally prescribex, and the impression that however the objective world would have defined You in order to achieve self definition, would have balanced out who you are and who you would have become

The demarginaliznation. appears to be at a minimum in Your situation, so I would hazard to say that there would mot gave been any difference between Your two possible self descriptions, for whatever could'not be learnex, You would have learned in and out of the bix, the route taken in any case, You made the type of person who would have attended an institution of open walls, if there is such in the UK, even while working in the bank.
Compensative factors would have prevented You from demarginaluzinv Yourself into an unassimilative state of conflict resolution, in any case.

Sorry for the length of this rather amateurish analysis, and to cao it iff, I would hazard, a no, to seeing a different MagsJ in different situations,
Meno_
breathless

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math