The state of physics is worse than I thought

For discussing anything related to physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, and their practical applications.

Moderator: Flannel Jesus

Re: The state of physics is worse than I thought

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:35 pm

-
I think GTP needs another significant update - very significant. :D
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Parodites » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:35 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:-
I think GTP needs another significant update - very significant. :D

GTP-SHOGGOTH wrote:"Do I need an update because I'm not politically savvy, - because I'm a Republican, a Christian, or a straight white man? Do I need an 'update' because I said something dumb, or because I was being an ass, or because I said something that you didn't like? Or because you think you're the one who should be doing the criticism?

If you don't agree with me on something, you're free to tell me. If you think I said something dumb, you're free to tell me. If you think I'm being ass, you're free to tell me. And if it helps, we should try to do this in the same thread, so that it's easy for the mods to separate the wheat from the chaff. That's what they're here for. But keep in mind that we're in a public forum. The only real way to make any points is by taking the time to post them, so if you have them to make, you may as well make them.

It’s a shame that such a discussion would be lost in such a way, but what can I say? It’s easy to lose perspective when one is in a discussion where one knows the answers. If you're interested further in my thoughts on quantum information I can share some ideas about holographic renormalization ie. the process of finding counterterms to cancel the divergences of the bulk fields, keeping in mind that duality string theory requires one to consider the full superstring whose conformal symmetry and massless spectrum are determined by higher order string loop corrections. I have in mind, namely, holographic renormalization of two- and three-dimensional theories at weak and strong coupling arrived at by studying the structure of the counterterms arising from the bulk action, which I pursued in the hope of discovering counterterms in the origin of the gauge theory anomalies and identifying some interesting aspects of higher-loop contributions to the theory. Anomaly cancellation, in my opinion, is not well-understood in 4d, but I believe that the methods I used should suggest an interpretation that's compatible with what's already known about the theory. Particularly promising as far as 4-d resolutions go, is the study of 4D F-theory compactifications on singular Calabi-Yau fourfolds with fluxes. The work to date on these theories has been focused on looking for F-theory duals of N=1 gauge theories in four dimensions. F-theory on general singular Calabi-Yau fourfolds has also attracted a great deal of interest in the physics literature and in particular has been proposed to be dual to 5D supergravity. While these compactifications give rise to theories with an exact weak coupling limit, the moduli space is a complicated deformation of the expected Coulomb branch, which can be studied by using D-brane probes that have been carefully constructed using mathematical invariants. But as I said, I have focused on resolutions at 2 and 3 dimensions."
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Thinker

Postby obsrvr524 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:20 am

-
Touchy little thing eywhat?

Describe the 11 dimensions.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Science, Technology, and Math