And You Wonder... "where did it take that definitive turn?"

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: And You Wonder... "where did it take that definitive tur

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:09 pm

Souls are bought and sold by those who don’t understand its value.

The biggest problem in existence is the negative zero sum problem.

Anyone who doesn’t say that has sold their soul.

Do you understand that?

And even if you do say that... if you’re a complete hypocrite you’re in spiritual danger.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:47 pm

You mocked me for calling this political debate trivial...

I didn’t exactly say that, but you said that our souls are on the line here.

The last problem you should be concerned about are idiotic leaders. This plan is designed to fuck with hypocrites. The current plan. That’s why I’m protecting myself so heavily right now. I know the system.

Now, I’m a very heart full person... I look after others as well. In order to look after others, you have to be stable yourself... it’s very important spiritually that you look at helping yourself and others.

Now, part of the structure of this reality is to teach us trust. That’s not in my personality. My personality is that you get what you want when you want it without hurting anything. I’m not a fan of this, understand?

I think the world is gorgeous, with one exception... I loathe winning and losing when the stakes are other beings and I loathe losing myself. This isn’t just a matter of personal preference... everyone gets to where I’m at someday. I’m giving you a heads up.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:53 pm

Here's the deal, ecmandu
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Jakob » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Souls are bought and sold by those who don’t understand its value.

Do you understand that?

And even if you do say that... if you’re a complete hypocrite you’re in spiritual danger.

Look here is my thinking. You are making statements that only an omniscient creature could verify. Therefore, you must either think you are omniscient, or not realize that you would have to be in order to know if you are speaking truth. In both cases there is an error in your thinking unless you are truly omniscient, which you do not seem to be. Also I don't believe in omniscient creatures.

So I must reject your statements about the soul, even purely on the basis that you present them on an unfounded basis.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Jakob » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 pm

Ecmandu wrote:You mocked me for calling this political debate trivial...

I didn’t exactly say that, but you said that our souls are on the line here.

I wasn't mocking you though. I was cleverly referring to a link of some pretty astonishing info but never mind that.

The last problem you should be concerned about are idiotic leaders. This plan is designed to fuck with hypocrites. The current plan. That’s why I’m protecting myself so heavily right now. I know the system.

What I know is that the left, who all my life have been protesting against war presidents, are super-hypocrites. Because I know that Trump stopped all the wars the US was engaged in, and there left hated him more than they ever hated a pro-war president. So now I know the left are sadistic evil warmongering liars, and that is worth something to know.

Now, I’m a very heart full person... I look after others as well. In order to look after others, you have to be stable yourself... it’s very important spiritually that you look at helping yourself and others.

True.

Now, part of the structure of this reality is to teach us trust. That’s not in my personality. My personality is that you get what you want when you want it without hurting anything. I’m not a fan of this, understand?

I am not entirely unlike you. Like you I find it extremely hard to crawl over people to get where I want. I only seek to create, so that others may enjoy the bounty of my work without damaging anyones interest.

But I run into very evil people quite often and this has hardened me, and created a warlike side to me where I just crush liars and hypocrites and enjoy seeing them confused. I now do think it is good to destroy evil.

I think the world is gorgeous, with one exception... I loathe winning and losing when the stakes are other beings and I loathe losing myself. This isn’t just a matter of personal preference... everyone gets to where I’m at someday. I’m giving you a heads up.

You slipped some arrogance in here again, which is okay. But thanks for taking the time for a patient message.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:00 pm

It’s not that arrogant ... we have forever Jakob.

To me, enlightenment is simple (aside from different empowerments) - negative zero sum realities don’t work. Even the wicked figure this out eventually ...

It’s where we’re all at, even if we don’t see it yet, meaning also: it’s where we’re all going.

It’s not a complicated idea.

What can be complicated is figuring out how to change it - and that requires lots of truly awakened beings working on it.

I’m not trying to be cocky. That’s just the way it is.

I still have unskilled defense mechanisms.

I work on them.

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8#p2810998
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:53 am

Jakob wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Souls are bought and sold by those who don’t understand its value.

Do you understand that?

Look here is my thinking. You are making statements that only an omniscient creature could verify. Therefore, you must either think you are omniscient, or not realize that you would have to be in order to know if you are speaking truth. In both cases there is an error in your thinking unless you are truly omniscient, which you do not seem to be. Also I don't believe in omniscient creatures.

So I must reject your statements about the soul, even purely on the basis that you present them on an unfounded basis.

I didn’t see this message.

No, it’s called an inferential proof.

Just because I will never count every whole number (nobody will) doesn’t mean I don’t know they go on forever.

I know a lot of things through inferrential proof that are rock solid. Some of them are through life experience you may not have had.

But! Anybody, anybody can understand that negative zero sum realities don’t work.

That’s not very complicated.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:50 am

Jakob wrote:What I know is that the left, who all my life have been protesting against war presidents, are super-hypocrites. Because I know that Trump stopped all the wars the US was engaged in, and there left hated him more than they ever hated a pro-war president. So now I know the left are sadistic evil warmongering liars, and that is worth something to know.

100% this ^
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics