Free Cosmetic Surgery

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Free Cosmetic Surgery

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 am

Should cosmetic surgery and treatments be paid for by medicare/medicaid? For example, bald men get free cutting edge hair replacements or women get facelifts to feel better?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Free Cosmetic Surgery

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:35 am

_
Don’t they have that non-invasive thread thing procedure these days that has replaced face lifts, that pull the brow and forehead up.. but anyway, onto my reply.

No!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Sculptor » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:34 am

WendyDarling wrote:Should cosmetic surgery and treatments be paid for by medicare/medicaid? For example, bald men get free cutting edge hair replacements or women get facelifts to feel better?

No.
In the UK there are free services available but they are offered on the basis of psychological criteria, and tend to be used for surgeries limited to sever disfigurment ;gender reasignment ; breast surgery following cancer treatments ;Nose treatments to help breathing ;breast reductions for back problems and male breast removal in rare cases where men grow tits.

I would imagine the medicare etc, or whatever insurance scams the American health care "system" is running would offer the same sort of thing.
Sculptor

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:50 am

I tend to divide cosmetic surgery into two groups: the kind that improves one’s psychological outlook(facelift) and the kind that improves one’s physical quality of life(repairing a nose so a person can breathe as is essential).

Sculptor, your nationally provided free cosmetic surgeries covers both kinds, the psychological and the necessary physical?

Sculptor and Mags, why don’t you think that all psychologically enhansing cosmetic surgeries should be provided free if it helps the person?

What about free (government provided) laser eye surgeries so everyone who the treatments could help could have 20/20 vision or much improved vision? Seeing well is a physical necessity.

Another physical necessity is having teeth to chew food and there are the full sets of teeth implants that would help people both psychologically (improved appearance) as well as the physical ability to eat again that could help millions upon millions, people could get all their teeth removed and have perfect teeth implanted that would cut down on all sorts of teeth related medical/dental visits, upkeep, and procedures. Free dental implants for everyone and most of the dental industry could be shuttered. Well?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Sculptor » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:41 pm

WendyDarling wrote:I tend to divide cosmetic surgery into two groups: the kind that improves one’s psychological outlook(facelift) and the kind that improves one’s physical quality of life(repairing a nose so a person can breathe as is essential).

Sculptor, your nationally provided free cosmetic surgeries covers both kinds, the psychological and the necessary physical?

Sculptor and Mags, why don’t you think that all psychologically enhansing cosmetic surgeries should be provided free if it helps the person?

Sorry but I do not think butt-cheek implants, lip implants, and purely cosmetic surgery for the promotion of a person's vanity is worth wasting money on.
There is no open cheque to change people's looks.
But if it means saving a person's sanity then I'm all for supporting that.

What about free (government provided) laser eye surgeries so everyone who the treatments could help could have 20/20 vision or much improved vision? Seeing well is a physical necessity.

The NHS provides that, but supply is limited. SIght saving procedures are funded fairly well. Normally this is only available when ordinary corrective means such as glasses are not working.
For example cataracts can be treated for free.

Another physical necessity is having teeth to chew food and there are the full sets of teeth implants that would help people both psychologically (improved appearance) as well as the physical ability to eat again that could help millions upon millions, people could get all their teeth removed and have perfect teeth implanted that would cut down on all sorts of teeth related medical/dental visits, upkeep, and procedures. Free dental implants for everyone and most of the dental industry could be shuttered. Well?

Dental is free up to age 18. Beyond that NHS services for dental work are mostly in the support of other problems such as oral cancer, and trauma.
The NHS will provide any clinically necessary treatment needed to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy and free of pain.
Free dental implants for everyone and most of the dental industry could be shuttered. Well?

I assume you mean "shattered". DUh. Obviously NOT.
If dental implants were offered free this would represent a MASSIVE boost for the dental industry.
You need to check your basic thinking here.
Sculptor

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:42 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Should cosmetic surgery and treatments be paid for by medicare/medicaid? For example, bald men get free cutting edge hair replacements or women get facelifts to feel better?

ask gop guy rick scott
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Return to Society, Government, and Economics