Joe Biden 46th President

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Joe Biden 46th President

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:14 pm

You know this year wouldn't be complete without me making a Joe Biden thread, right? We can't not make a thread about him, where would the fun be without one? 8) :lol: :P

Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Joe Biden 46th President

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:41 pm

Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Great Again » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:48 pm

He can't even speak properly because he's already too senile.

What and how does he want to communicate to other heads of state?

This is so embarrassing. :oops:
Great Again

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:00 pm

Joe Biden's speech:

Chief Justice Roberts, Vice President Harris, Speaker Pelosi, Leader Schumer, Leader McConnell, Vice President Pence, my distinguished guests, my fellow Americans: This is America’s day. This is democracy’s day, a day of history and hope, of renewal and resolve through a crucible for the ages. America has been tested anew, and America has risen to the challenge.
["Here with my cronies of for profit politicians and corporate lobbyists." "This day is devoted to communist China, international corporations in conjunction with China, and the military police state as you can see in Washington D.C. today, don't worry, we plan on having more military invasions or wars overseas very soon."]

Today, we celebrate the triumph not of a candidate but of a cause, the cause of democracy. The people, the will of the people has been heard and the will of the people has been heeded. [More like the will of international corporations that have more power than national governments themselves, calling it democracy is a nice window dressing because it sounds better for public consumption.]

We’ve learned again that democracy is precious. Democracy is fragile. And at this hour, my friends, democracy has prevailed.
[Translation: " We almost had a national uprising where we're scared shitless, as a response we're really going to crackdown on the population hard."]

So now on this hallowed ground, where just a few days ago, violence sought to shake the Capitol’s very foundation. We come together as one nation, under God, indivisible, to carry out the peaceful transfer of power as we have for more than two centuries.
[With a heavy military police state presence to let everybody know who is in charge and control, it's about intimidation.]

As we look ahead in our uniquely American way, restless, bold, optimistic, and set our sights on a nation we know we can be and we must be. [At a point in time where the nation is economically and financially bankrupted.]

I thank my predecessors of both parties for their presence here today. I thank them from the bottom of my heart. And I know --
["We bribed and infiltrated all republican opposition, we own their entire political party now."]

-- and I know the resilience of our Constitution and the strength, the strength of our nation, as does President Carter who I spoke with last night who cannot be with us today, but whom we salute for his lifetime of service.

I’ve just taken the sacred oath each of those patriots have taken. The oath first sworn by George Washington. But the American story depends not on any one of us, not on some of us, but on all of us. On we the people who seek a more perfect Union.

[Ironic coming from a party that has described George Washington as a White racist slaver and the original domestic terrorist of White supremacy.]

This is a great nation. We are good people. And over the centuries through storm and strife, in peace and in war, we’ve come so far. But we still have far to go. ["Our task of corporatism having complete control of the population is not complete yet."]

We’ll press forward with speed and urgency for we have much to do in this winter of peril and significant possibilities. Much to repair, much to restore, much to heal, much to build, and much to gain. ["Fuck White People. "]

Few people in our nation’s history have been more challenged or found the time more challenging or difficult than the time we’re in now. Once in a century virus that silently stalks the country. It’s taken as many lives in one year as America lost in all of World War II.

Millions of jobs have been lost. Hundreds of thousands of businesses closed. A cry for racial justice some 400 years in the making moves us. The dream of justice for all will be deferred no longer. ["Fuck White People".]

A cry of survival comes from the planet itself, a cry that can’t be any more desperate or any more clear. And now a rise of political extremism white supremacy and domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat. ["Fuck White People."]

To overcome these challenges, to restore the soul and secure the future of America, requires so much more than words. It requires the most elusive of all things in a democracy: Unity. Unity. ["Fuck White People. "]

In another January, on New Year’s Day 1863, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. When he put pen to paper, the president said, and I quote, “if my name ever goes down into history it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it.” My whole soul is in it. Today, on this January day, my whole soul is in this. Bringing America together, uniting our people, uniting our nation.

And I ask every American to join me in this cause. ["Fuck White People."]

Uniting to fight the foes we face: anger, resentment and hatred, extremism, lawlessness, violence, disease, joblessness and hopelessness. With unity we can do great things, important things. We can right wrongs. We can put people to work in good jobs. We can teach our children in safe schools. We can overcome the deadly virus. We can reward work and rebuild the middle class and make healthcare secure for all. We can deliver racial justice and we can make America once again the leading force for good in the world.["Fuck White People especially White men, and yes, more lock downs plus possibility of mandatory Covid19 vaccine."]

I know speaking of unity can sound to some like a foolish fantasy these days. I know the forces that divide us are deep and they are real. ["Fuck White People. "]

But I also know they are not new. Our history has been a constant struggle between the American ideal that we all are created equal and the harsh, ugly reality that racism, nativism, fear, demonization have long torn us apart. ["Fuck White People."]

The battle is perennial and victory is never assured. Through civil war, the Great Depression, world war, 9/11. Through struggle, sacrifice and setbacks, our better angels have always prevailed. [Political grandstanding.]

In each of these moments, enough of us, enough of us, have come together to carry all of us forward. And we can do that now. History, faith and reason show the way, the way of unity. We can see each other not as adversaries but as neighbors. We can treat each other with dignity and respect. ["Fuck White People, kill Whitey."]

We can join forces, stop the shouting and lower the temperature. For without unity there is no peace, only bitterness and fury. No progress, only exhausting outrage. No nation, only a state of chaos. This is our historic moment of crisis and challenge, and unity is the path forward. And we must meet this moment as the United States of America. If we do that, I guarantee you we will not fail. We have never ever, ever, ever failed in America when we’ve acted together. [United States is already a failed rogue state and nation.]

And so today, at this time, in this place, let’s start afresh, all of us. Let’s begin to listen to one another again, hear one another, see one another, show respect to one another. Politics doesn’t have to be a raging fire destroying everything in its path. ["Kill Whitey though, mmkay."

Every disagreement doesn’t have to be a cause for total war. And we must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured. ["We manufacture the facts now and you will listen."]

My fellow Americans, we have to be different than this. America has to be better than this. And I believe America is so much better than this. Just look around. Here we stand in the shadow of the Capitol dome as was mentioned earlier, completed amid the Civil War, when union itself was literally hanging in the balance. ["We almost had literal Hitler!"]

Yet we endured. We prevailed. Here we stand looking out on the Great Mall where Dr. King spoke of his dream. Here we stand where 108 years ago, at another inaugural, thousands of protesters tried to block brave women marching for the right to vote. And today we mark the swearing in of the first woman in history elected to national office, Vice President Kamala Harris. Don’t tell me things can’t change. ["Again, fuck White People!"]

Here we stand across the Potomac across from Arlington Cemetery where heroes who gave the last full measure of devotion rest in eternal peace. And here we stand just days after a riotous mob thought they could use violence to silence the will of the people, to stop the work of our democracy, to drive us from this sacred ground. It did not happen. It will never happen. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Not ever! [American oligarchy and plutocracy masquerading as democracy.

For all those who supported our campaign, I’m humbled by the faith you placed in us. To all those who did not support us, let me say this: Hear me out as we move forward. Take a measure of me and my heart. If you still disagree, so be it. That’s democracy. That’s America. The right to dissent peaceably within the guardrails of our republic is perhaps our nation’s greatest strength. Yet hear me clearly, disagreement must not lead to disunion. ["We don't have to listen to you anymore as we've censored, delisted, and deplatformed the entire internet. "]

And I pledge this to you, I will be a president for all Americans. All Americans.[" Except White People, because, fuck White People. "]

And I promise you I will fight for as hard for those who did not support me as for those who did.

Many centuries ago, St. Augustine, a saint in my church, wrote that a people was a multitude defined by the common objects of their love. Defined by the common objects of their love. What are the common objects we as Americans love? That define us as Americans? I think we know. Opportunity. Security. Liberty. Dignity. Respect. Honor. And, yes, the truth.

Recent weeks and months have taught us a painful lesson. There is truth and there are lies.

Lies told for power and for profit. And each of us has a duty and a responsibility, as citizens, as Americans, and especially as leaders, leaders who have pledged to honor our Constitution and protect our nation, to defend the truth and defeat the lies.
["Only pro Global-homo rhetoric is allowed for now on, we will silence everything else."]

Look, I understand that many of my fellow Americans view the future with fear and trepidation. I understand they worry about their jobs. I understand, like my dad they lay in bed staring at night staring at the ceiling wondering can I keep my health care? Can I pay my mortgage?

Thinking about their families. About what comes next. I promise you, I get it. But the answer is not to turn inward, to retreat into competing factions, distrusting those who don’t look like you. Or worship the way you do. Or don’t get their news from the same sources you do.

We must end this uncivil war that pits red against blue. Rural versus urban, conservative versus liberal. We can do this if we open our souls instead of hardening our hearts. If we show a little tolerance and humility, and if we’re willing to stand in the other person’s shoes, as my mom would say, just for a moment stand in their shoes. Because here’s this thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days, when you need a hand, there are other days when we’re called to lend a hand.

["The war against rural and White America will continue, we will purge all White conservatives. "]

That’s how it has to be. That’s what we do for one another. And if we are this way, our country will be stronger, more prosperous, more ready for the future, and we can still disagree. My fellow Americans, in the work ahead of us, we’re going to need each other. We need all our strength to persevere through this dark winter.

We’re entering what may be the toughest and deadliest period of the virus. We must set aside politics and finally face this pandemic as one nation. One nation. ["I hope you like more lock downs and mandatory vaccines. "]

And I promise you this, as the Bible says, we may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. We will get through this together! Together!

Look, folks, all my colleagues I served with in the House and Senate up there, we all understand the world is watching, watching all of us today. So here’s my message to those beyond our borders: America has been tested and we’ve come out stronger for it. We will repair our alliances and engage with the world once again.

Not to meet yesterday’s challenges, but today’s and tomorrow’s challenges. And we’ll lead not merely by the example of our power but by the power of our example.

We’ll be a strong and trusted partner for peace, progress and security. Look, you all know we’ve been through so much in this nation. And my first act as president, I’d like to ask you to join me in a moment of silent prayer, remember all of those who we’ve lost in this past year to the pandemic, those 400,000 fellow Americans, moms, dads, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors and coworkers.

We’ll honor them by becoming the people and nation we know we can and should be. So I ask you, let’s say a silent prayer for those who have lost their lives and those left behind and for our country.

Amen

Folks, this is a time of testing. We face an attack on our democracy and on truth. A raging virus. Growing inequity. The sting of systemic racism. A climate in crisis. America’s role in the world. Any one of these would be enough to challenge us in profound ways, but the fact is we face them all at once, presenting this nation with one of the gravest responsibilities we’ve had. Now we’re going to be tested. Are we going to step up, all of us? It’s time for boldness, for there’s so much to do. ["Fuck White People."]

And this is certain: I promise you, we will be judged, you and I, by how we resolve these cascading crises of our era. We will rise to the occasion is the question, will we master this rare and difficult hour? Will we meet our obligation and pass along a new and better world to our children?

I believe we must. I’m sure you do as well. I believe we will. And when we do, we’ll write the next great chapter in the history of the United States of America, the American story. A story that might sound something like a song that means a lot to me. It’s called American Anthem.

And there’s one verse that stands out, at least for me, and it goes like this: “The work and prayers of century have brought us to this day, what shall be our legacy, what will our children say? Let me know in my heart when my days are through. America, America, I gave my best to you.”

Let’s add, let’s us add our own work and prayers to the unfolding story of our great nation. If we do this, then when our days are through, our children and our children’s children will say of us, “They gave their best; they did their duty; they healed a broken land.”

My fellow Americans, I close today where I began, with the sacred oath before God and all of you: I give you my word. I will always level with you. I will defend the Constitution. I’ll defend our democracy. I’ll defend America. And I’ll give all, all of you, keep everything I do in your service, thinking not of power but of possibilities. Not of personal interest but the public good.

And together we shall write an American story of hope, not fear. Of unity, not division. Of light, not darkness. A story of decency and dignity. Love and healing. Greatness and goodness. May this be the story that guides us. The story that inspires us and the story that tells ages yet to come that we answered the call of history. We met the moment. Democracy and hope, truth and justice did not die in our watch, but thrive. That America secured liberty at home and stood once again as a beacon to the world. That is what we owe our forebearers, one another and generations to follow.

So, with purpose and resolve, we turn to those tasks of our time, sustained by faith, driven by conviction and devoted to one another and the country we love with all our hearts. May God bless America and may God protect our troops. Thank you, America.

[Shit ton of political grandstanding bullshit.]

Last edited by Mr J on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:57 pm

I am glad you begin this thread..... whereas I take hope from his speech,
you took violence and bigotry and hate from it.....

it was a excellent start... but the long and winding road is ahead of us...and it
will take time and patience and understanding to escape a mess that took a long time
to get into and to get out of....

I think the coup attempt did something interesting... it has reunited us in
in ways we didn't think was possible...... the violence we saw exactly two weeks ago,
has shown us the country in a new way..... we can follow the negative and destructive types
like Zero or gloom or observe or UR..... or, or we can actually engage in the positive
act of supporting each other... not the nation or the red states or the blue states but
each other... it isn't some big ol conspiracy to deprive you of your rights, existence
is simply the engagement of two people attempting to reach some goal....
and those two people can be 5 or 10 or a 100 or a million or 300 million people
attempting to aid in each other........ I can help and aid another without taking
something away from me... the world isn't a zero sum game....for what is truly important
in life isn't in money or material goods or the number of houses, or fame or in titles....
the importance of life is in the basic biological needs of human beings.... we need the basics
like food and water and shelter but we also need love and companionship and belonging....

that is what is important in life.... being rich is nothing compared to love
and companionship or belonging.... we seek all this other crap and miss what is
the most basic and fundamental aspects of human existence... the parts that really counts....
the basic part of us as human beings...... you can keep your money and fame and titles..
for if you don't have love or belonging or companionship... you are a poor person indeed....

the "I" that we so are used to, means nothing if there is no "WE".... the "WE" in
our lives is what makes our life worth living...

so Zero and gloom and UR and obsr can hold on to their hate and anger and
violence because they don't have anything else to hang on to.. they don't know
the basic fundamental facts of life lies in the things we cannot buy....
love, hope, belonging, companionship....

and so I applaud PRESIDENT Biden speech... it is a step, a small step granted, but
a step toward us becoming something more then just Americans, but in us
becoming Human beings....and only love and hope and belonging and companionship
is the true path to becoming human..

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:02 pm

8) :lol: ^^^^

Peter, Peter, Peter..... 8)
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:04 pm

im so glad america has a real president again
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:07 pm

PK: I am glad you begin this thread..... whereas I take hope from his speech,
you took violence and bigotry and hate from it.....

A lot of people took hope from Trump's speeches, whereas you took violence, bigotry and hate from them, so what you wrote above, at least in and of itself, doesn't say much does it?
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 pm

You're not a man of hope, like you try to portray yourself as, you don't always, if not often see the best in people and what they stand for.
Last edited by Gloominary on Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 pm

When you look at a Trump rally, what do you see?
Do you see thousands of hopeful, peace loving Americans like yourself, but perhaps misguided about some things?
Or do you see thousands of bigoted, hateful, redneck morons, honestly?
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:29 am

Gloominary wrote:When you look at a Trump rally, what do you see?
Do you see thousands of hopeful, peace loving Americans like yourself, but perhaps misguided about some things?

K: frankly, I have never seen a IQ45 rally.. I have no idea who goes, but from what I
hear is that they don't wear mask at these rallies... that kinda tells you everything
you need to know.......

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby fuse » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 am

Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality
Like Mussolini and Kennedy
The cult of personality
The cult of personality

Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
Then a mirror speaks, the reflection lies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set me free
I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.

I exploit you still you love me
I tell you one and one makes three
Like Joseph Stalin and Gandhi
The cult of personality
The cult of personality

Neon lights, a Nobel Prize
A leader speaks, that leader dies
You don't have to follow me
Only you can set you free

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your own god's name
I'm every person you need to be
Oh, I'm the cult of personality
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of
I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of, I'm the cult of personality
fuse
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:03 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:

K: frankly, I have never seen a IQ45 rally.. I have no idea who goes, but from what I
hear is that they don't wear mask at these rallies... that kinda tells you everything
you need to know.......

Kropotkin

It tells me they can think for themselves.
Scientism is a cult, and it's one of, if not the biggest threat to individual liberty and democracy right now.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:06 am

Gloominary wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:

you need to know.......

Kropotkin

It tells me they can think for themselves.
Scientism is a cult, and it's one of, if not the biggest threat to individual liberty and democracy right now.

K: ummm, it tells me that they don't give a shit about anybody but themselves...
it tells me that they are selfish to the point of not caring if they infect anyone else
or not...it tells me that they are typical of the type that want all the benefits without
paying for them...umm, and as far as being science being a cult, you sound like one of
those idiots running shouting how "evolution is a religion" and thus getting both
evolution and religion wrong...and the computer you write on is from... science
and the medicine you take to save your life, science and the car you drive comes from...
man you guesses it, science.....we have electricity and airplanes and cars and the internet,
and surprise, they all come from, all together kids... SCIENCE........

talk about feeding the hand... you are just another right winger.. asking what is in it for me?
I don't a shit about you, but is in it for me?
no wonder you love IQ45.... that is his mantra....what is in it for me? and about you?
who cares...I don't..... is what you are all about....

getting the benefits of society without ever paying for them.....

a moocher, a corporate welfare type of moocher... give nothing and take everything
that isn't nailed down....at this point I would ask if you had any shame at all, but
we already know the answer to that, don't we? shame would require some awareness..

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:22 am

On the contrary, if anything, it's those in favor of the lockdowns who're selfish, useful idiots, they want to destroy our free democracies, they want to cull and ruin hundreds of millions of lives and livelihoods because they're scared of a virus which's at worst, no deadlier than the common cold, if it exists at all.
Science is neutral, there's good and bad science, there's good and bad medicine, technology can do a lot of good, and a lot of harm, like the atom bomb for example.
I take from science what makes sense to me and discard the rest, like any free thinking individual does, I'm not a slave to science, like you.
For me, the individual, and democracy, which we have very little of, comes first, science a distant second.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 am

I'm neither an evolutionist, nor a creationist.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:31 am

talk about feeding the hand... you are just another right winger.. asking what is in it for me?
I don't a shit about you, but is in it for me?
no wonder you love IQ45.... that is his mantra....what is in it for me? and about you?
who cares...I don't..... is what you are all about....

Right, to you, that's what a rightwinger is, a selfish, hateful idiot.
And so you're no different that way than many of those you hate, they hate you because they think you're a selfish idiot, you're not somehow above the fray, like you portray yourself as, you're deep in it.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:32 am

Gloominary wrote:I'm neither an evolutionist, nor a creationist.

K: based on your posting, you are an idiot....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am

[quote="Gloominary"]On the contrary, if anything, it's those in favor of the lockdowns who're selfish, useful idiots, they want to destroy our free democracies, they want to cull and ruin hundreds of millions of lives and livelihoods because they're scared of a virus which's at worst, no deadlier than the common cold, if it exists at all.

K: over 400,000 Americans dead.. more then died in World War 2...
yah, no dangerous then the flu...

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:39 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Gloominary wrote:I'm neither an evolutionist, nor a creationist.

K: based on your posting, you are an idiot....

Kropotkin

You're a dimwitted lemming, I don't think you have a freethinking brain cell in your thick skull.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:42 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Gloominary wrote:On the contrary, if anything, it's those in favor of the lockdowns who're selfish, useful idiots, they want to destroy our free democracies, they want to cull and ruin hundreds of millions of lives and livelihoods because they're scared of a virus which's at worst, no deadlier than the common cold, if it exists at all.

K: over 400,000 Americans dead.. more then died in World War 2...
yah, no dangerous then the flu...

Kropotkin

I've given my reasons for why I believe those statistics are bunk all over this forum.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Why're the divided States of America not united?
Because of selfish, hateful, hyper-partisan pricks like Peter.
He thinks about half the country, anyone who believes in conservative values, anyone who believes in creationism or has suspended judgment on the matter, is a selfish idiot.
But he doesn't have the balls to admit what he is.
He wants to pretend like he's hopeful, and tolerant, when he's really full of bigotry, bitterness, cynicism and hate.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby fuse » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:

you need to know.......

Kropotkin

Lack of a mask doesn't really tell you everything, though. Just like someone who sees you wearing yours shouldn't think that that alone tells them everything they need to know about you. It may be all you care to know, but perhaps you should care about more than that. About the "why." But I'm sure you know this. Gloominary's question deserved a bit more reflection, I think.
fuse
Philosopher

Postby fuse » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Otherwise, it's just gonna be back and forth insults
fuse
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:49 pm

Just watch a couple of Jordan Klepper videos.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Next

Return to Society, Government, and Economics