Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm

Zero_Brains wrote:
Urwrongx1,000,000 wrote:Guys, please stop this......

You know how confused PK gets when he starts agreeing with you.

One of these days as the entire internet becomes archived researchers will come across ILP and glance at our Marxist intellectual giants such as Peter Kropotkin or Iambiguous where they'll finally get the scholarly credit that they deserve, they will be in shock and awe concerning the philosophical determined expertise of both. Both are intellectual geniuses that have lead the way for over two decades now, our glorious American communist revolution would of never made it without them. 8)

Again, the chickenshit will post drivel of this sort time and again, but he won't drop the fulminating fanatic cartoon character act and take any actual intelligence he might possess here:

1] Noting the distinction between a frame of mind that revolves around a "real me" in sync and a set of moral and political values that are said to encompass objectively "the right thing to do", and "I" embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my signature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .

2] Noting that when someone does change their moral and political frame of mind, they are acknowledging that they were wrong about something in the is/ought world around them. And that, once they acknowledge this, they are acknowledging in turn they may well be wrong about other things. Finally, they are acknowledging that, yes, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, they might be prompted to change their minds again. And again.

3] As a consequence, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular moral and political truth of theirs and given a set of circumstances we examine our respective moral and political philosophies.

4] Here, however, I'm less interested in simply articulating what we believe is true in the way of moral and political truths and more focused in how we would go about demonstrating to others that all rational and virtuous men and women are obligated to think and to feel the same.

Anymore than his "comrades" Windy and urwrongx1,000,000 will.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:46 pm

I concede Iambiguous, you're the greatest nihilistic Marxist philosopher since white bread has come out, there is just no way competing with an intellectual giant like yourself. You win, accept your victory graciously old man. 8)
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Zero_Brains wrote:I concede Iambiguous, you're the greatest Marxist philosopher since white bread has come out, there is just no competing with an intellectual giant like yourself. You win. 8)

Look, I'd like to take credit for reducing him down to "clever" retorts like this. But the fact is I've come to conclude there's nothing there that would allow him to actually rise above it.

Back on that other thread, he made an attempt to present himself in a more serious manner. A more substantive Zero_Sum. But when I followed up on it, he collapsed back into his fulminating fanatic cartoon character Zero_Brains.

Now, in my view, there are only two viable reasons for that.

1] There is something there but he prefers the clown act.
2] There is nothing there and there is only the clown act.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:03 pm

iambiguous wrote:Look, I'd like to take credit for reducing him down to "clever" retorts like this. But the fact is I've come to conclude there's nothing there that would allow him to actually rise above it.

Back on that other thread, he made an attempt to present himself in a more serious manner. A more substantive Zero_Sum. But when I followed up on it, he collapsed back into his fulminating fanatic cartoon character Zero_Brains.

:lol:
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
Gloominary wrote:[we can eat post-meat, bugs, recycled shit and soylent green.
We all have to make sacrifices, it's for the earth, except for commissar Bill Gates, commissar Mark Zuckerberg and the other commissars of course, they don't have to make sacrifices, they're VIPs.
This just in, the scientific community says recycled shit is nutritionally superior to meat.
Funny, me and my friends don't feel as healthy since we've started eating it, and we've been getting sick more often, but they tell us our bodies just need time, like a couple of years or so to adjust.
In any case, what do we know?
We're just filthy, dirty little unwashed plebs.
The scientific community on the other hand, is infallible, incorruptible, and it's a crime to question it, as it should be.
I'm so happy I don't have to think for myself anymore, feels great to be irresponsible.

Comrade Gloominary, you bring up an excellent subject regarding eating and dieting within the new green economy, frankly with global warming, little polar bears being stranded on ice, and just the overall carbon footprint I think everybody needs to go on a starvation diet. It's the only way we can move forward to save the future of this planet and if people have to eat bugs or human feces then they better get use to cutting the mustard on that shit sandwich enjoying it. If people object to these progressive aims they're literally supporting the holocaust and genocide of the entire planet, they're literally environmental Hitlers.

:lol: “starvation diet” made me laugh real hard.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Gloominary wrote:That being said, this just in, the psychiatric community now believes boys as young as 2 can identity their true gender, and consent to gender reassignment surgery without parental consent.
And if parents try to challenge this in any way, they automatically forfeit all their parental rights and can be involuntarily relocated to a mental health facility for an indefinite period of time.
Turns out there was a vote in the psychiatric community on whether boys as young as 2 can consent to having their balls cut off, and a whopping 39% of psychiatrists voted nay.
The dissenting psychiatrists have since been purged from the community and any literature they've written on the subject has been banned from academia, bookstores, libraries and the internet, as said literature has been reclassified by the state as hate speech.

Comrade Gloominary, this is wrong think, you've now been denoted to minimal cigarette and chocolate rations for one month concerning your wrong think, I can only shield you for so long concerning thought crimes before the rest of the politburo finds out. We wouldn't want that, would we? If a two year old boy wants to identify as a woman and get their prepubescent penis chopped off with the aid of the Marxist mother this is progress. Why, it was just two years ago a bigot racist father abducted his son away from his mother in Texas stopping his four year old son from getting a necessary sex change, the police pursued him and a shootout transpired where the bigot died from his wounds. The boy's mother reunited with her son Steven who is now known as Sarah.

You cannot fight against progress comrade Gloominary, one of these days we'll have trannies everywhere, Pakistani trannies, Vietnamese trannies, Japanese trannies, and so on. This is the wave of the future. 8)
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Comrades, I am happy to report that we have 65,000 soldiers in Washington D.C. to make sure Donald Trump [Literally Hitler] is ousted of the Whitehouse next week on Wednesday. Their presence of course is to protect our model American democracy and to ensure the racist Nazis don't insurrect within our nation's capital. Now it's a great national embarrassment and we still don't understand how it happened yet how our soldiers were sleeping on the floors of congress without cots, pillows, or sleeping bags. We're currently interrogating the general of command for this national disgrace or public embarrassment.

Be rest assured that we have now put our brave men, women, and gender neutral people in uniform within all the local Motel 6's. 8)

Protecting our nation's capital away from radical Nazis is a tough job, I can only imagine how.

Last edited by Mr J on Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:42 pm

Zero_Brains wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Look, I'd like to take credit for reducing him down to "clever" retorts like this. But the fact is I've come to conclude there's nothing there that would allow him to actually rise above it.

:lol:

Note to others:

Pick one

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:47 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Note to others:

Pick one

Give it a rest Biggie. 8) :P
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Note to others:

Pick one

Give it a rest Biggie. 8) :P

I challenge you to a substantive and substantial discussion of our respective moral and political philosophies and you ask me to give it a rest?

Again: you will give it a rest yourself because you can or you won't because you can't.

That's up to you.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 pm

iambiguous wrote:
I challenge you to a substantive and substantial discussion of our respective moral and political philosophies and you ask me to give it a rest?

Again: you will give it a rest yourself because you can or you won't because you can't.

That's up to you.

:lol: 8)
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Comrades, I just got off the phone today with the local politburo following our great glorious leader Joe Biden on inauguration day, apparently due to Covid19 the inauguration day will only be a very small crowd of members of the inner political party in attendance, I'm afraid all the many, many millions of people that voted for Joe Biden simply will not be in attendance publicly as the inner party is very concerned with social distancing, in fact, with the small number of people in attendance you might say the inauguration of Joe Biden as the 46th president will be the most socially distant one ever had where only state media or journalists will be allowed there to video record the big day in broadcast.

This has been an official report commissioned by special highranking officer Comrade Commisar Joker.

Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:26 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

That's up to you.

:lol: 8)

How about this:

A rigorous discussion as to whether my success in making a fool out of you here is more this :lol: than that 8)

Unless, of course, I come no where near as close to the manner in which you are able to accomplish this yourself. =D>

Note to phoneutria:

Help him out. In the repartee department, he is on par here with...Pedro?

And look what happened to him! :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby gib » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:37 pm

iambiguous wrote:I challenge you to a substantive and substantial discussion of our respective moral and political philosophies and you ask me to give it a rest?

That's because everybody knows better than to get caught in a discussion with you.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Did you hear about the restaurant on the Moon? Great food, no atmosphere.
-- Alastor the radio demon

Why can't you hear a psychiatrist using the bathroom? Because the P is silent.

Did you hear about the guy who invented the knock knock joke? He won the no bell prize.
gib
resident exorcist

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 pm

gib wrote:
iambiguous wrote:I challenge you to a substantive and substantial discussion of our respective moral and political philosophies and you ask me to give it a rest?

That's because everybody knows better than to get caught in a discussion with you.

Grow a pair and let's discuss this: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196636

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby gib » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:49 am

iambiguous wrote:Grow a pair and let's discuss this: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196636

Hell no!
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Did you hear about the restaurant on the Moon? Great food, no atmosphere.

Why can't you hear a psychiatrist using the bathroom? Because the P is silent.

Did you hear about the guy who invented the knock knock joke? He won the no bell prize.
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Gloominary » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:18 am

Zero_Sum wrote:
Gloominary wrote:[we can eat post-meat, bugs, recycled shit and soylent green.
We all have to make sacrifices, it's for the earth, except for commissar Bill Gates, commissar Mark Zuckerberg and the other commissars of course, they don't have to make sacrifices, they're VIPs.
This just in, the scientific community says recycled shit is nutritionally superior to meat.
Funny, me and my friends don't feel as healthy since we've started eating it, and we've been getting sick more often, but they tell us our bodies just need time, like a couple of years or so to adjust.
In any case, what do we know?
We're just filthy, dirty little unwashed plebs.
The scientific community on the other hand, is infallible, incorruptible, and it's a crime to question it, as it should be.
I'm so happy I don't have to think for myself anymore, feels great to be irresponsible.

Comrade Gloominary, you bring up an excellent subject regarding eating and dieting within the new green economy, frankly with global warming, little polar bears being stranded on ice, and just the overall carbon footprint I think everybody needs to go on a starvation diet. It's the only way we can move forward to save the future of this planet and if people have to eat bugs or human feces then they better get use to cutting the mustard on that shit sandwich enjoying it. If people object to these progressive aims they're literally supporting the holocaust and genocide of the entire planet, they're literally environmental Hitlers.

What's most interesting to me is how the left has transformed over the centuries, from classical liberalism, to fiscal Marxism, to existentialism and postmodernism, to cultural Marxism and finally to this antihumanist, transhumanist environmentalism.
Essentially we've seen the left come full circle.
From something initially anti-elitism, in both classical liberalism and fiscal Marxism, at least in theory, to something not so anti-elitism, in both existentialism and postmodernism, to something even pro-elitism, in both cultural Marxism and posthumanist environmentalism.

But this is a new elitism.
Whereas the old elitism was nationalistic, and about health, promoting fertility, this new one is globalistic, and about sickness, promoting sterility.
The old one religious, theistic, pagan or Christian in nature, the new one (pseudo)scientific and atheistic.
The old one centered around warlords, the new one centered around banksters, bureaucrats and businessmen, the multinationals.
The old one wholly white, the new one quite Jewish.

But much of the outlook is similar.
Be content with your lot, peasant.
For peasants at least, acquiescence, asceticism and austerity are held in high regard.
Like the popes before them, the new scientific priesthood will publicly profess to share these values, meanwhile living opulently in private.
It's for the planet, or grandma, they tell us.

I'm not saying all leftists identify with this new form of leftism, but the elite are trying to steer the left in this new direction, and many leftists can't or don't want to see it, while others see but nonetheless it resonates with them.

The old, pagan elitism was more honest about what it was.
And they cared a bit more about their subjects, but for the new, (pseudo)scientific elite, there's far too many of us, and they've become far removed from us, much more distant from us financially than the old elite, and they're internationalists, they have no loyalty to blood or soil.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:11 am

It was never about Environmentalism, Humanism, Equal Rights, Welfare, Health Care, etc.

It was only ever about power. And now they got a taste of it, they will die first, or pull down the entire system, to preserve it.

They are currently collapsing the temple of Western Civilization over their own heads.

Some of us can step aside, but that doesn't mean we wanted our temples to fall over. They should have been rebuked decades ago but everybody was too busy getting high in the 1970s.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:20 am

gib wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Grow a pair and let's discuss this: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196636

Hell no!

Yo, Joker! Got us another chickenshit here!

You know, just in case you collect them. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:32 am

lamb didn't you cower out of an argument with me a month ago?

Yep, you did, don't be a hypocrite
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:17 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:lamb didn't you cower out of an argument with me a month ago?

Yep, you did, don't be a hypocrite

And that argument would be...what?

Let's bring it here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=196492

In fact, I dare you to.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 am

If you can't remember then you're not worth my time.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 am

All joking, kidding, or sarcasm aside, if civil war happens I just can't see myself aligning with either opposing side, the left hates me because I'm a White heterosexual male and the right has always hated me my entire life viewing me as nothing more than disposable poor low income White trash. :lol: 8)

In all honesty I'm just thinking about starting an underground criminal organization profiting off the losses of both sides if a domestic civil war erupts, you motherfuckers who have treated me like shit my entire life want me to fight for your side? 8) :lol: Get fucked! :lol:

More and more it looks like I am going to be entering this conflict that's about to go hot as an outside third contender. I'm really not invested in either side all that much, I'm certainly not going to risk life or limbs for them either.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:02 am

Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:46 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:All joking, kidding, or sarcasm aside, if civil war happens I just can't see myself aligning with either opposing side, the left hates me because I'm a White heterosexual male and the right has always hated me my entire life viewing me as nothing more than disposable poor low income White trash. :lol: 8)

In all honesty I'm just thinking about starting an underground criminal organization profiting off the losses of both sides if a domestic civil war erupts, you motherfuckers who have treated me like shit my entire life want me to fight for your side? 8) :lol: Get fucked! :lol:

More and more it looks like I am going to be entering this conflict that's about to go hot as an outside third contender. I'm really not invested in either side all that much, I'm certainly not going to risk life or limbs for them either.

I know what you mean, I'm a poor white hetero male.
Socioeconomically, I'm moderately socialist, socioculturally, I'm libertarian, or moderately conservative, so I don't fit into either camp.
These days, I tend to sympathize more with the right than the left, for I see the former as being a bit more libertarian, which's better than being economically corporatist and culturally progressive, which's what both the mainline left and right are overall, both sides leave much to be desired.
As things continue to disintegrate, a viable 3rd way may appear.
Gloominary
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics