Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:48 pm

That being said, this just in, the psychiatric community now believes boys as young as 2 can identity their true gender, and consent to gender reassignment surgery without parental consent.
And if parents try to challenge this in any way, they automatically forfeit all their parental rights and can be involuntarily relocated to a mental health facility for an indefinite period of time.
Turns out there was a vote in the psychiatric community on whether boys as young as 2 can consent to having their balls cut off, and a whopping 39% of psychiatrists voted nay.
The dissenting psychiatrists have since been purged from the community and any literature they've written on the subject has been banned from academia, bookstores, libraries and the internet, as said literature has been reclassified by the state as hate speech.
Last edited by Gloominary on Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Guys, please stop this......

You know how confused PK gets when he starts agreeing with you.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4396
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Guys, please stop this......

You know how confused PK gets when he starts agreeing with you.

Poor Pete, he was never the sharpest knife in the drawer, and age hasn't been kind. :cry:
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Good afternoon comrades, Special Commisar Joker here to inform you of our latest revolutionary efforts on the frontlines of the People's Republic of the U.S.S.A.

Please remember, if you suspect a friend, neighbor, family member, or coworker is a White Supremacist, Trump supporter, conservative, republican, or anti-vaxxer please report them to Homeland Security, we must defend the new normal or motherland at all costs comrades where we must put down this Kulak revolt and insurrection immediately, be rest assured that we will liquidate their financial assets immediately for national economic redistribution. We have our agents, spies, infiltrators, computer hackers, and soldiers on the ground tracking them all down as I write this.

This has been an official report commissioned by special highranking officer Comrade Commisar Joker.

I'm torn, on the one hand, I think only the scientific community should be able to vote and run for office, and really rich dudes like Bill Gates, on the other hand, I think only brown and black people should be able to vote and run for office, or perhaps only native Americans, or only native American chieftains and shaman, this is their land after all, and science was created by white men, so doesn't that make it just another patriarchal white supremacist construct of oppression?
Sigh, don't you just hate cognitive dissonance?
Last edited by Gloominary on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:30 pm

_
The Left are conflating sexuality with gender.. sexuality can be transient and fluid, gender is fixed.
Perhaps if our (brain) cells weren’t being disrupted by toxins, our (human) being wouldn’t become forcibly confused.
I thought there was a halt on all gender-reassignment surgery?

Nice video Gloom.. it’s prompted me to unleash my inner-woman more ; )
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 21513
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Since ACAB, and POC (people of color) are systemically oppressed by the police, I consider it an artefact of white supremacy for non-POC (white people) to be able to press charges against POC.
It's an artefact of white supremacy for a white woman to be able to call the police for help just because she feels like she's being raped by a black man.
It's infinitely more likely her unconscious bias is causing her to misinterpret the sex as nonconsensual.
Really it's an artefact of white supremacy for a white woman to resist the sexual advances of MOC (men of color) in any way.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Comrades, earlier today I forgot to mention conspiracy theorists, they too are an enemy of the state and cannot be forgotten regarding the list being compiled for future purges. Look, the state legacy mediums of information in conjunction with corporate social media on the internet is the only truth you need to concern yourselves with, they're full of our best intellectual fact checkers that corporate money can buy, never listen to the malcontent scum known as conspiracy theorists, they're a bunch of malcontent insurrectionists where their days are heavily out numbered. Just know that the state cares about you and is looking out for you in conjunction with the ministry of truth at Google Headquarters, to question the information that the state itself distributes is wrong think and should be treated as a criminal thought act. That is why for now on state approved websites and news mediums will be allowed only to protect the general public from itself and more importantly to protect the people's republic of the U.S.S.A from foreign or domestic insurrectionary propaganda.

This has been an official report commissioned by special highranking officer Comrade Commisar Joker.

All conspiracy theories are a Neo-Nazi, libertarian and Russian conspiracy to trick the masses into believing the state, academia, big pharma, big tech, Monsanto and MSM are fallible and corruptible, into believing the masses have a right to critique them.
Never mind that the state is perfectly capable of being corrupt on its own.
Never mind that the rest of these entities are private corporations and that by and large the state works for them and vice versa, they don't work for us.
Never mind that at least private corporation, as bad as they can be, can't legally restrict, detain, or execute you on their own, like big brother can.
In a democracy, you're supposed to believe whatever the state (so long as it's liberal), academia, big pharma, big tech, Monsanto and MSM tell you to believe, which's why we should just cut out the middleman and turn this thing into a technocracy, either that or a native American shaman and tribal chieftainship, because this land ain't our land, it's theirs.
You're not supposed to think for yourselves and talk to each other about important issues, only trivia, unless you just regurgitate politically correct crap.
Last edited by Gloominary on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Comrades, you'll notice when our glorious leader Nancy Pelosi a member of the elite inner political party within Congress talked about getting rid of the adjectives 'him' and 'her' along with 'mother' and 'father'. In my opinion this is great powerful move in removing sexist bigotry along with the oppressive male patriarchal system. For now on addressing men and women we should call them 'persons' and likewise when referring to the word once known as 'parents' we should refer to them now as 'biological or reproductive units'. This is exactly the kind of leadership we need as a nation moving forward to national collective healing and it starts by redefining racist, sexist, or patriarchal offensive words of our past into a new progressive linguistic lexicon in our everyday speech pattern usage. For the economy I'm thinking of all the new jobs we can create for the proletarian masses just by inserting newspeak in all segments of society, it can be a great boost for employment, our nation, and society as a whole.

This has been an official report commissioned by special highranking officer Comrade Commisar Joker.

Yes, race, like sex, is a social construct.
That being said, we know exactly who white people are, who POC are, and how much the former owes the latter.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm

It's racist to hire a more qualified white or yellow man over a black or brown man, and antiracist to hire a black or brown man over a more qualified white or yellow man, see how that works?
And war is peace, and freedom is slavery.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:14 pm

Gloominary wrote:It's racist to hire a more qualified white or yellow man over a black or brown man, and antiracist to hire a black or brown man over a more qualified white or yellow man, see how that works?
And war is peace, and freedom is slavery.


Come on, affirmative action revolves around the historical reality -- the historical fact -- that for decades and decades in America, only whites [usually men] were able to obtain any number of jobs. Of course how many folks of your ilk back then called that affirmative action?

It's merely an attempt to stamp out white racism through particular legislation. Do some white folks get fucked? Yeah, no doubt. But where were their own past generations when it was always the black folks who were getting fucked?

Again, there's no one size fits all political resolution here. There is only "for all practical purposes" trying different things to make it less likely that those of color will be discriminated against.

Of course this often just comes down to attitudes about race itself. Sure, if someone believes that whites are the superior race, anything that aids and abets colored people is an affront to their self-righteous white skin privilege mentality.

Me, I'm back to figuring political prejudices of this sort are embodied in dasein.

And then going back to race and genes themselves. What [as a biological imperative] are human beings more or less predisposed to think and to feel about the color of their skin? How does Nature itself figure into all of this? After all, we know how important that memes can be.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39785
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:25 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Gloominary wrote:It's racist to hire a more qualified white or yellow man over a black or brown man, and antiracist to hire a black or brown man over a more qualified white or yellow man, see how that works?
And war is peace, and freedom is slavery.


Come on, affirmative action revolves around the historical reality -- the historical fact -- that for decades and decades in America, only whites [usually men] were able to obtain any number of jobs. Of course how many folks of your ilk back then called that affirmative action?

It's merely an attempt to stamp out white racism through particular legislation. Do some white folks get fucked? Yeah, no doubt. But where were their own past generations when it was always the black folks who were getting fucked?

Again, there's no one size fits all political resolution here. There is only "for all practical purposes" trying different things to make it less likely that those of color will be discriminated against.

Of course this often just comes down to attitudes about race itself. Sure, if someone believes that whites are the superior race, anything that aids and abets colored people is an affront to their self-righteous white skin privilege mentality.

Me, I'm back to figuring political prejudices of this sort are embodied in dasein.

And then going back to race and genes themselves. What [as a biological imperative] are human beings more or less predisposed to think and to feel about the color of their skin? How does Nature itself figure into all of this? After all, we know how important that memes can be.

It's still racism, justified or not.
I don't think it's justified, but I don't want to get into that again, here or now.
From google, not that google, or any entity has a monopoly on our language, but in any case:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

It says typically a marginalized minority, but it doesn't have to be a marginalized minority.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 pm

Gloominary wrote:[

It's still racism, justified or not.
I don't think it's justified, but I don't want to get into that again, here or now.
From google, not that google, or any entity has a monopoly on our language, but in any case:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

It says typically a marginalized minority, but it doesn't have to be a marginalized minority.


Okay, but how does that make any of this...

Come on, affirmative action revolves around the historical reality -- the historical fact -- that for decades and decades in America, only whites [usually men] were able to obtain any number of jobs. Of course how many folks of your ilk back then called that affirmative action?

It's merely an attempt to stamp out white racism through particular legislation. Do some white folks get fucked? Yeah, no doubt. But where were their own past generations when it was always the black folks who were getting fucked?

Again, there's no one size fits all political resolution here. There is only "for all practical purposes" trying different things to make it less likely that those of color will be discriminated against.

Of course this often just comes down to attitudes about race itself. Sure, if someone believes that whites are the superior race, anything that aids and abets colored people is an affront to their self-righteous white skin privilege mentality.

Me, I'm back to figuring political prejudices of this sort are embodied in dasein.

And then going back to race and genes themselves. What [as a biological imperative] are human beings more or less predisposed to think and to feel about the color of their skin? How does Nature itself figure into all of this? After all, we know how important that memes can be.


...go away?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39785
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Gloominary wrote:[

It's still racism, justified or not.
I don't think it's justified, but I don't want to get into that again, here or now.
From google, not that google, or any entity has a monopoly on our language, but in any case:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

It says typically a marginalized minority, but it doesn't have to be a marginalized minority.


Okay, but how does that make any of this...

Come on, affirmative action revolves around the historical reality -- the historical fact -- that for decades and decades in America, only whites [usually men] were able to obtain any number of jobs. Of course how many folks of your ilk back then called that affirmative action?

It's merely an attempt to stamp out white racism through particular legislation. Do some white folks get fucked? Yeah, no doubt. But where were their own past generations when it was always the black folks who were getting fucked?

Again, there's no one size fits all political resolution here. There is only "for all practical purposes" trying different things to make it less likely that those of color will be discriminated against.

Of course this often just comes down to attitudes about race itself. Sure, if someone believes that whites are the superior race, anything that aids and abets colored people is an affront to their self-righteous white skin privilege mentality.

Me, I'm back to figuring political prejudices of this sort are embodied in dasein.

And then going back to race and genes themselves. What [as a biological imperative] are human beings more or less predisposed to think and to feel about the color of their skin? How does Nature itself figure into all of this? After all, we know how important that memes can be.


...go away?

It doesn't, I just don't want to get into it at this time.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:41 pm

All I'll say on the matter right now is this: fighting 'racism' with racism ultimately won't work.

If you think DJT is 'bad', we ain't seen nothing yet.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 pm

Gloominary wrote:All I'll say on the matter right now is this: fighting 'racism' with racism ultimately won't work.

If you think DJT is 'bad', we ain't seen nothing yet.

That is, fighting 150+ year old racism, and airy-fairy or vague racism with present and factual racism, won't work.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:40 am

Gloominary wrote:All I'll say on the matter right now is this: fighting 'racism' with racism ultimately won't work.

If you think DJT is 'bad', we ain't seen nothing yet.


That's all you'll say because, in my view, that's all you can say.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39785
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:13 am

Vague or nonexistent climate change and virus, vague or nonexistent racism and sexism, vague or nonexistent Russian collusions, conspiracies and coups...
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 am

But real carbon taxes and lockdowns, real anti-whiteness and misandry, real terrorism, insurrection and coups brought to you by Antifa, BLM and the democratic party.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:05 am

Gloominary wrote:Vague or nonexistent climate change and virus, vague or nonexistent racism and sexism, vague or nonexistent Russian collusions, conspiracies and coups...


Gloominary wrote:But real carbon taxes and lockdowns, real anti-whiteness and misandry, real terrorism, insurrection and coups brought to you by Antifa, BLM and the democratic party.


What's vague or nonexistent is the point of "general description intellectual contraptions" like this. Given any one of these issues there are those all along the political spectrum who can broach and then accumulate all manner of very specific facts and assumptions to defend one or another political prejudice rooted [in my view] in dasein.

But where is the one definitive argument that pins down once and for all what all rational and virtuous men and women are obligated to embrace and defend.

Again, from my frame of mind, that revolves more around human psychology. A subjective/subjunctive trajectory derived from the particulars of a series of experiences some have that others do not. I encompass that here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296

To claim that this is less true of the right wing political forces in America than the left wing, is just part and parcel of this need to convince oneself that there is this "real me" able to be in sync with the right thing to do.

This need to anchor the Self to one or another more rock solid font. I am this and not that because this allows me to separate myself from the "bad guys" in the world.

Meanwhile, in my view, it is the moral and political nihilists that own and operate both the global economy and "deep states" around the globe that really call the shots.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 39785
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 pm

iambiguous wrote:To claim that this is less true of the right wing political forces in America than the left wing, is just part and parcel of this need to convince oneself that there is this "real me" able to be in sync with the right thing to do.

I'm not rightwing tho.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm a populist.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Populism is sort of unique.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 pm

With populism, the way I define it, the primary objective of sociopolitical action is to attack the 1%, not the 99%.
It's the masses beating the elite at their own game: show us the money.
Last edited by Gloominary on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 pm

It's the people wanting more wealth, power and freedom, for the people, and less for the elite.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

Re: Dear comrades, my new avatar and signature.

Postby Gloominary » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:58 pm

The right these days wants more rights for all, at least in theory, in practice they often give more rights to the 1%.
The left these days wants more duties for all, at least in theory, in practice they often give more duties to the 99%.
I want more rights for the 99%, and more duties for the 1%.
And I want more accountability, democracy and transparency in government.
The way I see it, we're at war with the 1%, especially the 1% of the 1%, the banksters, globalists and multinationals, and neither the left nor right is sufficient to win this war, because number one, they've been subverted by the 1%, and number two, their primary objective was never really about going after the 1%.
This, to me, is the real crisis, the ever widening disparity between the 99% and 1%, all the other crises are either exaggerated or manufactured largely by the 1% to keep us busy fighting ourselves and one another.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Silhouette