Trump resigns, capitulates, and surrenders.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Trump resigns, capitulates, and surrenders.

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Zero_Brains wrote:Nah, nobody is hunting me down yet, I make it my attempt not to get involved in collective stupidity where I'm content watching the world burn through the screen of my internet monitor, cellphone, or television.

Well, in that case the Sturmabteilung who stormed the Capitol Building would as well see you as a chickenshit. They walked the Joker's talk while you just bitch and moan about everything from a safe distance. Oh, and make "predictions"

Hell, I spent nearly 25 years myself walking my own objectivist talk as a political activist. And I was punched, kicked, spat on by the objectivists at the other end of the spectrum.

But, come on, what the fuck have you ever actually done but come into places like this and huff and puff...a big bad caricature of a cartoon character for kids?

Then more truly pathetic bluster of this sort:

Zero_Brains wrote:Every comic book villain would be envious of what has transpired in the United States in the last year by the democrats, shit, they would even have to go on the unemployment dole just because they can't compete with that level of evil! [They would be out of a super villain job, even the Joker couldn't compete.] :lol:

Now, when I do decide to act and do things be rest assured you won't hear about it, I prefer silence or stealth concerning malevolent activities of my own along with invisibility. I don't desire publicity, notoriety, or infamy at all, I just want to be a mysterious anonymous assassin in the night, you know, that guy that drives the authorities insane because they can never find out his true identity because he strikes like a ghost only to disappear like one too constantly. I want to be that guy and maybe someday I will be, who knows.

[You know, that guy in the dead silence and darkness of night you hear at a long distance with an evil chuckle taking pleasure or enjoyment in all the naughty things he's doing, and when you go after the chuckling in the darkness of night the laughter disappears fading away where they can never be found. Not a trail, trace, or even a hint of their presence, just the sound of laughter in the darkness of night vanishing as you draw near.]

It's that this sort of yak yak yak, yak yak yak crap doesn't embarrass you that leads me to suspect this is all just an "act" you are performing for us.

But again: WHY?!!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Yesterday they banned Rush Limbaugh and took down his platform, just as I thought, it won't end with Trump, they're coming for all conservatives or anybody that opposes the government. Just the beginning... 8)

Predictable really for anybody that pays attention to things like world history.
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby Zero_Sum » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Biggie, breaking into government buildings is child's play [amateur hour], killing thousands of unwanted people is the real deal concerning revolutionary activity, if I wanted to do something it would involve a shit load of dead people. I'm just saying...

Like torturing people in a dark room somewhere peeling off their skin slowly with a knife laughing as I do it, something like that. No, I haven't done anything quite yet, still just content watching the world burn for now at least. I'm just left with my morbid wild imaginations for now as a hardworking law abiding citizen that pays taxes. Will that ever change? Maybe. 8)

I like having fun Biggie, I like to think of myself as a performing arts philosopher here from the confines of my anonymity.
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:46 pm

Zero_Brains wrote:Biggie, breaking into government buildings is child's play [amateur hour], killing thousands of unwanted people is the real deal concerning revolutionary activity, if I wanted to do something it would involve a shit load of dead people. I'm just saying...

Like torturing people in a dark room somewhere peeling off their skin slowly with a knife laughing as I do it, something like that. No, I haven't done anything quite yet, still just content watching the world burn for now at least. I'm just left with my morbid wild imaginations for now as a hardworking law abiding citizen that pays taxes. Will that ever change? Maybe. 8)

I like having fun Biggie, I like to think of myself as a performing arts philosopher here from the confines of my anonymity.

In other words, a chickenshit living in a la la land that you have created entirely in your head.

But that's the good news, of course.

God help anyone who crosses your path when you finally do "come out" of the closet. You know, if there is a God.

You fancy yourself as some sort of revolutionary...just not an "informed, intelligent and articulate" revolutionary.

Closer perhaps to a...sociopath?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:29 am

WendyDarling wrote:No one was trying to discard legal votes. Why can’t Commies understand such a basic premise. Who said discard legal votes?

once a state certifies its election, the votes are legal. the constitution leaves elections and election laws up to the states, not the federal govt.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:30 am

i feel like someone in iambigs personal life called him a chickenshit and that it really hurt his feelings because now he is running around calling everyone chickenshit and thinking that its going to hurt their feelings.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby d0rkyd00d » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:49 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Yesterday they banned Rush Limbaugh and took down his platform, just as I thought, it won't end with Trump, they're coming for all conservatives or anybody that opposes the government. Just the beginning... 8)

Predictable really for anybody that pays attention to things like world history.

Here's the reality: insurrection is not protected by free speech. Violent overthrow of government in direct disregard for Constitutional process is not protected by free speech.

How difficult is it to understand that you can say whatever the fuck you want; however,

A) government does not require private enterprise to provide you a platform, and
B) You cannot continuously push a platform that essentially seeds doubt in our Constitutional processes that leads to attempted insurrection (this is part of the Constitution).

I'm fine with a government that allows individuals to share their ideas, but there is no rationale for allowing the same intellectually bankrupt conspiracy theories to be perpetuated in spite of evidence by those we entrust to have a thorough understanding of the Constitution. No publishers should be required to publish books by Holocaust deniers, no college should be required to host Holocaust deniers as guest speakers.

It's not that these ideas should be disallowed from discussion, or that individuals who mention it aloud or in writing should be prosecuted. Any yahoo can stand on a street corner or print fliers that say the election was a fraud; but our elected officials, in a Republic, must be held to a higher standard than that.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 pm

The trouble is, government is giving tons of money to woke tech, encouraging them to be even more woke.
That's not fair.
Woke tech should be broken up into itty, bitty pieces, that or give unwoke tech the same amount of money.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:i feel like someone in iambigs personal life called him a chickenshit and that it really hurt his feelings because now he is running around calling everyone chickenshit and thinking that its going to hurt their feelings.

Well, it's always worked with you.

After all, that is one explanation for why, when I suggested this on the poop thread...

We choose a subject relating to "distinctions" that we both make in regard to moral and political value judgments at the existential intersection of identity, conflicting goods and political economy.

We discuss our respective philosophies in an intelligent and civil manner.

And then along the way you can point to particular instances that nail down your accusations here.

...you responded with...

nah bruh im good

A chickenshit in the sense that like so many others here, you don't want to explore your own moral and political value judgments too deeply. After all, what if I manage to yank you down into the hole that I'm in.

Really, unless, as with Karpel Tunnel, you have your very own "visceral, intuitive, deep-down-inside-me" Self, how do you construe your own ego/superego at the existential intersection of identity, value judgments and political economy.

Given a particular context.

Come on, let's commence a new thread on the philosophy board and really go deep this time. You start it.

The irony here being that, in many respects, you and I share the same political prejudices in regard to the near neo-nazis that are now ensconced here. The fulminating fanatics on the right.

It's just that I recognize them as political prejudices rooted in dasein. I'm merely curious to explore the extent to which you [and others] don't. From my frame of mind there is always the possibility that one of you will succeed instead in yanking me up out of the hole.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:16 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:i feel like someone in iambigs personal life called him a chickenshit and that it really hurt his feelings because now he is running around calling everyone chickenshit and thinking that its going to hurt their feelings.

Well, it's always worked with you.

After all, that is one explanation for why, when I suggested this on the poop thread...

We choose a subject relating to "distinctions" that we both make in regard to moral and political value judgments at the existential intersection of identity, conflicting goods and political economy.

And then along the way you can point to particular instances that nail down your accusations here.

...you responded with...

nah bruh im good

A chickenshit in the sense that like so many others here, you don't want to explore your own moral and political value judgments too deeply. After all, what if I manage to yank you down into the hole that I'm in.

Really, unless, as with Karpel Tunnel, you have your very own "visceral, intuitive, deep-down-inside-me" Self, how do you construe your own ego/superego at the existential intersection of identity, value judgments and political economy.

Come on, let's commence a new thread on the philosophy board and really go deep this time. You start it.

The irony here being that, in many respects, you and I share the same political prejudices in regard to the near neo-nazis that are now ensconced here. The fulminating fanatics on the right.

It's just that I recognize them as political prejudices rooted in dasein. I'm merely curious to explore the extent to which you [and others] don't. From my frame of mind there is always the possibility that one of you will succeed instead in yanking me up out of the hole.

Biggie is no longer able to have even an extended yak yak yak discussion with civility, let alone a serious philosophical debate.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby iambiguous » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Biggie is no longer able to have even an extended yak yak yak discussion with civility, let alone a serious philosophical debate.

Come on, Wendy, I've challenged you any number of times to go here...

...with me.

So, it's the same with you:

Note to others:

Let's see how the chickenshit wiggles out of it this time. :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:26 am

Zero_Sum wrote:Yes, Donald Trump has resigned and surrendered the Whitehouse.

Are you sure about that?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:46 pm

"While a dictator can simply impose his will, a democracy must go through a process, often intensely emotional, of mutual education and debate. If the effort bears fruit, such a trial can provide an inspiring model for other countries."

Hell and Other Destinations
M. Albright
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics