Starting to feel uncomfortable.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:05 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:
This is the absurdity of life: we both discover Higgs bosons, and then have to go poop. When our heads reach the clouds, our bowels bring us back down to earth. One difficulty with humanity is that we are such a broad spectrum. There are vast disparities in intellect, cruelty, emotional IQ, kindness, compassion, anger, etc. One member of our species may be helping clothe and feed thousands of homeless individuals; another is sitting in a cave, illiterate, planning ways to decimate as large a population as possible with a suicide vest. All of these behaviors are built on the foundations of millions of years of evolution, so it'd be unreasonable to expect anything less than to still wear the stain of our lowly origins....but this is not a reason to draw no distinction.

Zero, correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what you've said it seems you've had somewhat of a shit life: is it possible this is why you view the world through shit-colored glasses?


We are the sum of our individual life experiences, a simple basic yet profound truism.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:10 pm

phoneutria wrote:also dorky
i dislike being condescended upon by people who are beneath me
my preference for living in the forest
near a small town
is not to be taken for provincialism
i've lived in chicago
and i've lived in sao paulo city
i've read more than you
i have spoken to more people than you
and i am smarter than you
you pretend an air of politeness
while breathing condescension underneath it
it's revolting
if you want to be arrogant, just fucking be arrogant
swear at me and call me stupid
shit bounces right off me
but at least it's honest
and honesty is a form of respect
don't fake being on a moral high ground
that shit repels me
you can shove that politeness right up your pisshole dude


Relax phone, it's not that serious.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:14 pm

phoneutria wrote:also dorky
i dislike being condescended upon by people who are beneath me
my preference for living in the forest
near a small town
is not to be taken for provincialism
i've lived in chicago
and i've lived in sao paulo city
i've read more than you
i have spoken to more people than you
and i am smarter than you
you pretend an air of politeness
while breathing condescension underneath it
it's revolting
if you want to be arrogant, just fucking be arrogant
swear at me and call me stupid
shit bounces right off me
but at least it's honest
and honesty is a form of respect
don't fake being on a moral high ground
that shit repels me
you can shove that politeness right up your pisshole dude


K: this entire post is a post about assumptions after assumptions
after assumptions... it isn't about facts, Phon says she is smarter then
X, Y or Z...as if that is a fact that matters....everything, everything
requires context...you are smarter then Dork, ok, what is the context?

some fake IQ test you took on the internet? IQ isn't about intelligence but
what one does with that intelligence...William Sidis was smarter then
Einstein or Newton or Hawkings... and so what?

I speak to hundreds of people a day.. literally and so what?

everything requires context....what do your assumptions actually
mean in the real world?

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8937
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:15 pm

i am serious
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:
This is the absurdity of life: we both discover Higgs bosons, and then have to go poop. When our heads reach the clouds, our bowels bring us back down to earth. One difficulty with humanity is that we are such a broad spectrum. There are vast disparities in intellect, cruelty, emotional IQ, kindness, compassion, anger, etc. One member of our species may be helping clothe and feed thousands of homeless individuals; another is sitting in a cave, illiterate, planning ways to decimate as large a population as possible with a suicide vest. All of these behaviors are built on the foundations of millions of years of evolution, so it'd be unreasonable to expect anything less than to still wear the stain of our lowly origins....but this is not a reason to draw no distinction.

Zero, correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what you've said it seems you've had somewhat of a shit life: is it possible this is why you view the world through shit-colored glasses?


Z: We are the sum of our individual life experiences, a simple basic yet profound truism.

K: and yet, what does the sum of our life experiences actually mean?
what is the context of that? you can have the sum of a lifetime of
experiences and still be incredibly wrong.... you haven't, as far as I have seen,
ever reported about everyday experiences of life like love, beauty, hope,
charity, honesty, faith, fidelity..... in fact, type in fidelity and see what pops up?
not about the value of fidelity, but about the business called "Fidelity investments"
what does that tell you? that you are a modern person, through and through...
no need for any values like love or hope or honesty or faith.... but straight to
the point of the business of "Fidelity investments" that is you in a nutshell...

any investigations of what actually drives a human being is beyond you.....
you hold to the negative values of the animals, hate, anger, lust, greed,
violence, destruction....and that defines your understanding of what it means
to be human... the negative values of the animal existence, not the positive
values of human existence.....

what is love? you have no idea.. what is hope? you have no interest...
what is fidelity? you don't care.... it doesn't fit into your "Mission statement"
that all human beings exists in the animal sphere... in which you are wrong....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8937
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 pm

Love and hope you ask my dear Peter? 8) :lol:

Suffice it to say I have a different perception on these values you embrace to be sure.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Zero_Sum:

Behind the naked ape of humanity is just another primate, but for some reason the idealists see this animal thinking to themselves that their own animal shit doesn't stink. Fascinating.
Talks about reality and then brings up a fictional novel.

K: and there goes another failure in your understanding of life... yes, a novel or a poem
or a fictional account can bring about a greater understanding of reality...

take a book, say, "War and Peace" by Tolstoy.... this book is loved by millions because
it does deal with reality... it does raise human beings above being simple primates....

the book looks at the reality of love and hope and faith and the entire range of
what is possible for a human being....a novel, a poem, any sort of fictional account
can describe reality even better then a true, factual account of reality can....

the fact that you don't believe this says a whole lot about you and that
ain't pretty....... the 'truth" isn't found going down just one road.. but the "truth"
can be found going down any different number of roads.....

reality isn't just found in a basic description of reality... it can be found anywhere
words or even human beings can be found.....

open your eyes... and see reality has a much larger basis then just in facts.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8937
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Love and hope you ask my dear Peter? 8) :lol:

Suffice it to say I have a different perception on these values you embrace to be sure.


K: and it says something about you that you don't embrace those values....
it means something that you don't even write about those values........

you can't even see beauty or love or hope as valuable traits that have helped
the human race become much more then just the animals you are so fond of....

I am a human being....and the highest fact you can claim to is..
I am an animal and as being an animal, I can only see others as animals,
not as human beings....

whereas I see human beings... who can do more then just shit....
I can see human beings who love and hope and value and believe...

you can only see animals who shit and lay in the mud......

who seeks the higher values? not you.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8937
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:14 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
K: and it says something about you that you don't embrace those values....
it means something that you don't even write about those values........

you can't even see beauty or love or hope as valuable traits that have helped
the human race become much more then just the animals you are so fond of....

I am a human being....and the highest fact you can claim to is..
I am an animal and as being an animal, I can only see others as animals,
not as human beings....

whereas I see human beings... who can do more then just shit....
I can see human beings who love and hope and value and believe...

you can only see animals who shit and lay in the mud......

who seeks the higher values? not you.....

Kropotkin


Hope is a luxury that only the wealthy can afford, love is really all about the love of money from sex, sexual relationships, and even family life. 8)

All luxuries I cannot even afford where I spend very little time thinking of both, there's no hope for the hopeless and no love for the poor. About the only hope I have is that this entire world burns down with all of its inhabitants, I hope to live to see a majority of people in this country screaming miserably all the way into their graves, that would make me smile.

You see humanity as a noble or virtuous animal, I see humanity as a bunch of savages, self destructs, predators, pathological liars,delusionals, and selfish egos. I've been very consistent on this issue for years Peter, so for you to say I believe in nothing is uncalled for.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby d0rkyd00d » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:30 am

Zero_Sum wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:You see humanity as a noble or virtuous animal, I see humanity as a bunch of savages, self destructs, predators, pathological liars,delusionals, and selfish egos. I've been very consistent on this issue for years Peter, so for you to say I believe in nothing is uncalled for.


Surely you think this is a false dichotomy to some extent?
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:46 am

d0rkyd00d wrote:
Surely you think this is a false dichotomy to some extent?


Nope, not at all.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:48 am

Peter Kropotkin"]
and it says something about you that you don't embrace those values....
it means something that you don't even write about those values........

you can't even see beauty or love or hope as valuable traits that have helped
the human race become much more then just the animals you are so fond of....

I am a human being....and the highest fact you can claim to is..
I am an animal and as being an animal, I can only see others as animals,
not as human beings....

whereas I see human beings... who can do more then just shit....
I can see human beings who love and hope and value and believe...

you can only see animals who shit and lay in the mud......

who seeks the higher values? not you.....


Hope is a luxury that only the wealthy can afford, love is really all about the love of money from sex, sexual relationships, and even family life. 8)

K: nonsense, hope is a fundamental fact for the POOR, not the wealthy
and love is not all about money or sex or even family life.. for if you had
ever been in love, you would know that...for someone who has claimed
to have "studied" life, you sure don't know a dam thing about it.. the wealthy
have no need for hope, they are wealthy... I have been poor, very, very poor,
and I have had some, modest wealth... and believe me, if you have money,
you don't need hope....

Z: All luxuries I cannot even afford where I spend very little time thinking of both, there's no hope for the hopeless and no love for the poor. About the only hope I have is that this entire world burns down with all of its inhabitants, I hope to live to see a majority of people in this country screaming miserably all the way into their graves, that would make me smile.

K: and you are a nihilist... and nihilist by definition, don't believe in anything.. to
hope for the "entire world to burn down" says a whole lot about you...that you
have nothing, are nothing, ever will be anything......the fact that the "whole world
burning down... will bring a smile" says you are mentally ill, a psychopath in fact...
why should we even listen or read a psychopath.... someone who actively hopes
for the death and destruction of the "entire world" and everyone in it....
the fact that you don't seem to have any redeeming features at all,
doesn't seem to bother you...another sign of mental illness.....

so what exactly do you offer us? well, let see? the active engagement with
nihilism and the death of the "entire world" the death of billions of other human beings,
smiling at the graves of millions? who else does that but a mentally ill person? you can't raise
yourself so you try to drag everyone down to your pathetic level of hate that fills your world....
if you can't love or have hope in your life, that tells us how low you really are.....
I can't even say you are the same level as an animal... because they are without
any rational thought, they cannot go any higher, but you have rational thought
and you sink lower then the animals...you hate and wallow in your misery and you
hope everyone is as miserable as you are.. guess what? I am a strong human being
something you are not and can never be...I don't have to wallow in your mud of self hate
and misery and wishing it upon everyone else.....I want hope in people's life and I want
people to love and become something more then a animal.. unlike you....

so whose live is worth preserving? certainly not yours....

Z: You see humanity as a noble or virtuous animal, I see humanity as a bunch of savages, self destructs, predators, pathological liars,delusionals, and selfish egos. I've been very consistent on this issue for years Peter, so for you to say I believe in nothing is uncalled for.[/quote]

K: it is sad really that you can't imagine anyone being something else besides an
animal....for that is what you are, an animal..... as for me, I am a human being,
one who loves and hopes and believes in a better life, for all of us..
I am better then you are because I do hope and love and want people to
become something more.... and not just hate so much that all I hope for
is the "entire world to burn" and smile while everyone goes to their grave.....

to be honest, I don't even have the words to show my disgust at what
you are and what you want from life... I can't even say grow up, because
that would have to mean you are human... and you clearly aren't....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8937
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:52 am

d0rkyd00d wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:You see humanity as a noble or virtuous animal, I see humanity as a bunch of savages, self destructs, predators, pathological liars,delusionals, and selfish egos. I've been very consistent on this issue for years Peter, so for you to say I believe in nothing is uncalled for.


D: Surely you think this is a false dichotomy to some extent?


K: this show us how much Z really hates himself and hates others...

he wants to drag the human race down to his animal level..

destroy love, destroy hope, destroy life....

if that isn't hate, I don't know what it is....

just how much does Z hate himself to even want the end of the world....

I for one, wouldn't trust him around anything of value due to the fact of how much
he hates himself...and desires the end of the world..really quite sad and pathetic...

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8937
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 am

It's not about dragging the world to my level of personal life or dissatisfaction Peter, I just view the self destruction of the entire world to be an inevitable, constant, or given. There's no stopping it even if you truly wanted to stop it. I believe humanity, civilization, and the entire world is simply damned, I also believe most of my personal dissatisfactions in life is attributed to that.

I view the world as a dumpster fire but more descriptively like a forest fire, new life and new existence will only spring forth with its current destruction. Will the aftermath be any better? I like to think so, I'm a creative destructive optimist, it's just my optimism doesn't end in an ideal fantasy happy ending like yours. No, I'm really not a nihilist, an ex-nihilist yes, but not one currently.

I'll respond to your other points later once my tasks here at home are complete, gotta run. 8)
Last edited by Zero_Sum on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
phoneutria wrote:also dorky
i dislike being condescended upon by people who are beneath me
my preference for living in the forest
near a small town
is not to be taken for provincialism
i've lived in chicago
and i've lived in sao paulo city
i've read more than you
i have spoken to more people than you
and i am smarter than you
you pretend an air of politeness
while breathing condescension underneath it
it's revolting
if you want to be arrogant, just fucking be arrogant
swear at me and call me stupid
shit bounces right off me
but at least it's honest
and honesty is a form of respect
don't fake being on a moral high ground
that shit repels me
you can shove that politeness right up your pisshole dude


K: this entire post is a post about assumptions after assumptions
after assumptions... it isn't about facts, Phon says she is smarter then
X, Y or Z...as if that is a fact that matters....everything, everything
requires context...you are smarter then Dork, ok, what is the context?

some fake IQ test you took on the internet? IQ isn't about intelligence but
what one does with that intelligence...William Sidis was smarter then
Einstein or Newton or Hawkings... and so what?

I speak to hundreds of people a day.. literally and so what?

everything requires context....what do your assumptions actually
mean in the real world?

Kropotkin


it's obvious that this post isn't about facts kropo
it's me telling a dude i don't like him
duh
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:11 am

btw i am still waiting for you kropo
to show me some numbers
to support your claims
about wages and poverty
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:09 am

phoneutria wrote:btw i am still waiting for you kropo
to show me some numbers
to support your claims
about wages and poverty


Phon,

I don’t have to read to know things. In fact, I don’t believe anything I read. I have a very strong core phon, that drags this entire species on my shoulders.

But! If you’re looking for words you can look up.

6 people own 50% of the worlds wealth, and every time a financial crisis happens, the billionaires are the ONLY people profiting
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:27 am

so?
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:27 am

also
"the billionaires are the ONLY people profiting"
is that a statement of fact
or hyperbole?
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:08 am

Zero_Sum wrote:
phoneutria wrote:just get away from people
cities are poison

People are poison or toxic everywhere, the dumb founded imbeciles and rabble are everywhere whether it's urban or rural, it's the same everywhere in this forsaken nation. The grass is greener nowhere.


i dunno man i have a few friends who moved out to taos nm and they fucking love it out there they just grow vegetables and live in an earthship thing and ski all the time and make cornbread with peppers in it and dont have to be anywhere like ever
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 am

i've been to taos i dig it
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:25 am

i love it out there i watched a dude point his toes down on the ski lift and plop straight into the ground was amazing
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:26 am

walked out to an old crusty hot spring in the snow had a blast
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28461
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Destiny » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:38 pm

Sheesh the tension is mounting. Not just with my boyfriend but here, too!

I decided to spend some time away from the men in my life.
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:51 pm

How's the comfort level now that Demonrats are straight repealing and cancelling Free Speech and the Constitution in general?

YIKES!

Next they're going to start filling up these Concentration Camps they made years ago, it's all planned out.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4415
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: polishyouthgotipbanned