Starting to feel uncomfortable.

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Starting to feel uncomfortable.

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:01 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:Looking to the past is not necessarily a great indicator of the future. So while I am also cynical given a lot of things occurring at the moment, that is not to say the pieces could not be put in place now for a better future 200 - 300 years down the road.

The most basic impulses or spectacles of human nature doesn't change and the people that talk like you know nothing about human nature. I once was an idealist like you kid, it will fade away overtime. :lol: The only people that grow older and remain idealists are like Peter in their irrational vitriolic zeal. Convictions in utter grand delusions. 8)
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:08 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:
phoneutria wrote:just get away from people
cities are poison

Now here's the real reason behind the callousness of the COVID fatality count.

i do not trust those numbers

in my small town of 20K people
where everybody knows everybody
and thus the numbers can't lie
the death count is 10
because here the lies don't fly
like the dude who had covid when he died
but everyone knows he's been battling cancer for 6 months
or my teacher's mother who tested negative 3 days in a row
before she died
but they still wrote covid on her death cert
and my teacher had them fix it
so she could have a proper funeral
people die every year of the flu
or from a strong cold
from dengue
from pneumonia
these people are all being counted as covid fatalities

the people running the show
can make the numbers go up or down at will
all they gotta do is stop counting if they ever want it to go down
or give these deaths their proper cause
you're a fool if you trust those numbers
and you're a fool if you don't consider this suspicion at least plausible
given the state of the world right now
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:09 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:Looking to the past is not necessarily a great indicator of the future. So while I am also cynical given a lot of things occurring at the moment, that is not to say the pieces could not be put in place now for a better future 200 - 300 years down the road.

The most basic impulses or spectacles of human nature doesn't change and the people that talk like you know nothing about human nature. I once was an idealist like you kid, it will fade away overtime. :lol: The only people that grow older and remain idealists are like Peter in their irrational vitriolic zeal. Convictions in utter grand delusions. 8)

Some would say, the more you know, the more you realize you don't know.

You've taken another tack however, and claim to know how much others know about human nature, implying you are enjoying a bird's eye view of the inner workings of human knowledge and minds. That's not the mark of wisdom with getting older, it's senility.

To me, it's obvious you believe yourself to be much wiser than you are. Dunning Kruger much?
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:11 pm

phoneutria wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:
phoneutria wrote:just get away from people
cities are poison

Now here's the real reason behind the callousness of the COVID fatality count.

i do not trust those numbers

in my small town of 20K people
where everybody knows everybody
and thus the numbers can't lie
the death count is 10
because here the lies don't fly
like the dude who had covid when he died
but everyone knows he's been battling cancer for 6 months
or my teacher's mother who tested negative 3 days in a row
before she died
but they still wrote covid on her death cert
and my teacher had them fix it
so she could have a proper funeral
people die every year of the flu
or from a strong cold
from dengue
from pneumonia
these people are all being counted as covid fatalities

the people running the show
can make the numbers go up or down at will
all they gotta do is stop counting if they ever want it to go down
or give these deaths their proper cause
you're a fool if you trust those numbers
and you're a fool if you don't consider this suspicion at least plausible
given the state of the world right now

so you've taken a sample from your small town. how......telling.
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:14 pm

when you don't know who to trust
the best observations
are the ones you can make yourself
phoneutria

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:19 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:

You've taken another tack however, and claim to know how much others know about human nature, implying you are enjoying a bird's eye view of the inner workings of human knowledge and minds. That's not the mark of wisdom with getting older, it's senility.

To me, it's obvious you believe yourself to be much wiser than you are. Dunning Kruger much?

I've spent my entire life studying human nature or the human mind itself, but you're a young hopeful and romantic idealist, right?
Ah, to be young again when the world is new and reality seems like an empty clean slate.... :wink:

"I'm not going to listen to that cranky mean cynical old man on the internet, a better world is just right around the corner somewhere over the rainbow." Suite yourself bucko, but don't be surprised when you find out just how much of the world refuses to conform to your personally held comfy idealism." Here's a song for you, it came to my mind with our conversation here, enjoy kiddo. 8)

Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:24 pm

phoneutria wrote:when you don't know who to trust
the best observations

In a world of deceit, deception, and damnable lies, are you really going to trust your own lying eyes? :lol: 8) :wink:
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:57 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:so you've taken a sample from your small town. how......telling.

Go spread your poisonous lies elsewhere, shill. The SCAMdemic is a scam.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Zero..,

I solved all these problems.

It’s just a matter of implementing them. We do this through spirit.

Positive non zero sum hyper dimensional mirror realities attached to each individual desire matrices for all forever.

Btw, what you said about women is true except for women like me... I’m celibate because I loathe zero sum shit. There are women like me to that regard. Most of them live in temples. I don’t. There is nothing more zero sum than sex itself.

That’s how you separate the psychopaths from the non psychopaths ...

And as you grow wiser, you realize that the survival of this reproductive species is not worth your soul.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 pm

This congresswoman is feeling uncomfortable too:

But with the DNCommunist takeover, severe crime rates, the party of Crime and Corruption, red-blooded Americans need to learn to defend ourselves from these demons.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:

I've spent my entire life studying human nature or the human mind itself, but you're a young hopeful and romantic idealist, right?
Ah, to be young again when the world is new and reality seems like an empty clean slate.... :wink:

"I'm not going to listen to that cranky mean cynical old man on the internet, a better world is just right around the corner somewhere over the rainbow." Suite yourself bucko, but don't be surprised when you find out just how much of the world refuses to conform to your personally held comfy idealism." Here's a song for you, it came to my mind with our conversation here, enjoy kiddo. 8)

Spending your entire life studying a subject doesn't necessarily lead to knowledge.

Odd that all of your years of study haven't led you to the conclusion to....not make so many assumptions about other people.

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:24 pm

the best observations

Yes, the issue here is you trust nobody, like the X-Files suggested.

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
d0rkyd00d wrote:so you've taken a sample from your small town. how......telling.

Go spread your poisonous lies elsewhere, shill. The SCAMdemic is a scam.

No thanks, I was here first.

COVID is very real folks, and very deadly .

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:
the best observations

Yes, the issue here is you trust nobody, like the X-Files suggested.

trust is earned
phoneutria

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Keep spreading your lies, shill, more people are waking to them.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:11 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:
Spending your entire life studying a subject doesn't necessarily lead to knowledge.

Odd that all of your years of study haven't led you to the conclusion to....not make so many assumptions about other people.

And you don't make any assumptions, right?

Life is a gamble, purely a throw of the dice, and with people concerning their own beliefs also just another gamble of many assumptions. I like where I have hedged my bets compared to others, I really wouldn't want to bet against me right now. 8)
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:18 pm

I think Phoneutria has me on ignore or mute, I can only conclude she doesn't trust me. 8)

"Got to put that bastard on ignore, I cannot tolerate his non-stop negativity. He's a black hole that just sucks you in." :lol:
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:19 pm

i don't have you on ignore
phoneutria

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:21 pm

phoneutria wrote:i don't have you on ignore

That's good and wonderful, we never talk all that much you and I. Why is that?

By the way, I share some of your new concerns regarding the world at large.
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:

K: ahhh, ever afraid to admit to failure.. even at this late date...I am who I am because
I too have spent a lifetime studying.. and as I have been at this far longer then you,
perhaps, perhaps I know something that you don't... but your ego will deny this...
the most basic impulse of human nature does change... are you animal or are you human?

we see the eyes of existence far differently then animals and that is because we
have evolved from animals...thus we have changed our basic nature....
the entire point of Dickens "Christmas Carol" is that human beings do change....

the point of existence is to change.. those who don't change wind up like
dinosaurs... and you sir, are a dinosaur....for I have changed my "faith" more
then once actually.. have you?

I am not telling Dork which beliefs he should or shouldn't hold, I am suggesting
that he ponders why those beliefs instead of other beliefs... in other words,
I am suggesting introspection... something you are incapable of...
why these beliefs instead of other beliefs?

you can't tell me anymore then you can tell yourself....
you are escaping from real self reflection and introspection because
you lack the courage of such introspection...... try it, you might like it.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:28 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:And you don't make any assumptions, right?

Life is a gamble, purely a throw of the dice, and with people concerning their own beliefs also just another gamble of many assumptions. I like where I have hedged my bets compared to others, I really wouldn't want to bet against me right now. 8)

I make more than I should admittedly, but I try to approach new folks with an open mind.

I wager you and I have more in common than not, and based on some of your posts, I can tell you also have more to offer than ad hominems unlike many others on this forum, so hope to have more discourse in the future.

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 pm

d0rkyd00d wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:And you don't make any assumptions, right?

I make more than I should admittedly, but I try to approach new folks with an open mind.

I wager you and I have more in common than not, and based on some of your posts, I can tell you also have more to offer than ad hominems unlike many others on this forum, so hope to have more discourse in the future.

I'm always around when I am not working that is.
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:

K: ahhh, ever afraid to admit to failure.. even at this late date...I am who I am because
I too have spent a lifetime studying.. and as I have been at this far longer then you,
perhaps, perhaps I know something that you don't... but your ego will deny this...
the most basic impulse of human nature does change... are you animal or are you human?

we see the eyes of existence far differently then animals and that is because we
have evolved from animals...thus we have changed our basic nature....
the entire point of Dickens "Christmas Carol" is that human beings do change....

the point of existence is to change.. those who don't change wind up like
dinosaurs... and you sir, are a dinosaur....for I have changed my "faith" more
then once actually.. have you?

I am not telling Dork which beliefs he should or shouldn't hold, I am suggesting
that he ponders why those beliefs instead of other beliefs... in other words,
I am suggesting introspection... something you are incapable of...

you can't tell me anymore then you can tell yourself....
you are escaping from real self reflection and introspection because
you lack the courage of such introspection...... try it, you might like it.....

Kropotkin

Behind the naked ape of humanity is just another primate, but for some reason the idealists see this animal thinking to themselves that their own animal shit doesn't stink. Fascinating.

Talks about reality and then brings up a fictional novel. 8)
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby phoneutria » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:48 pm

also dorky
i dislike being condescended upon by people who are beneath me
my preference for living in the forest
near a small town
is not to be taken for provincialism
i've lived in chicago
and i've lived in sao paulo city
i've read more than you
i have spoken to more people than you
and i am smarter than you
you pretend an air of politeness
while breathing condescension underneath it
it's revolting
if you want to be arrogant, just fucking be arrogant
swear at me and call me stupid
shit bounces right off me
but at least it's honest
and honesty is a form of respect
don't fake being on a moral high ground
that shit repels me
you can shove that politeness right up your pisshole dude
phoneutria

Postby d0rkyd00d » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:01 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:Behind the naked ape of humanity is just another primate, but for some reason the idealists see this animal thinking to themselves that their own animal shit doesn't stink. Fascinating.

Talks about reality and then brings up a fictional novel. 8)

This is the absurdity of life: we both discover Higgs bosons, and then have to go poop. When our heads reach the clouds, our bowels bring us back down to earth. One difficulty with humanity is that we are such a broad spectrum. There are vast disparities in intellect, cruelty, emotional IQ, kindness, compassion, anger, etc. One member of our species may be helping clothe and feed thousands of homeless individuals; another is sitting in a cave, illiterate, planning ways to decimate as large a population as possible with a suicide vest. All of these behaviors are built on the foundations of millions of years of evolution, so it'd be unreasonable to expect anything less than to still wear the stain of our lowly origins....but this is not a reason to draw no distinction.

Zero, correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what you've said it seems you've had somewhat of a shit life: is it possible this is why you view the world through shit-colored glasses?

-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics