An ILP Call to Arms!

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: An ILP Call to Arms!

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:48 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Indeed, one day when ILP has finally collapsed under the weight of mediocre minds, this may well be the thread that some will insist set it all going into that final spiral down.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, which one of you is Clevon here: https://youtu.be/-N9nVLXMhPc

Or am I "derailing" the thread? 8)

K: I have a couple of thoughts: first of all, if the kids are busy
in this thread, engaging in a group jerk off, perhaps we adults can
actually work out some real philosophy.. so in fact, I encourage them to
hang out here and while away the day.....this as good a thread for them as any,
and keeps them the hell out of the adult threads they keep craping on.....

secondly, this thread is already so off the rail as to be impossible to "derail"....

Kropotkin

you never replied to me in the marxism thread
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Mowk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 am

Your timing is still off Wendy. Hold it, hold it... all the good comics are aware of the appropriate pause.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:56 am

Do the better comics pause the longest?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mowk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 am

Do the better comics pause the longest?

No...
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:01 am

...It's more a matter of timing.

And that Wendy is also how you tell a joke.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:16 am

Well let me know when you’ve told a joke.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mowk » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:18 am

Your timing is still off.
Read more Samuel Clemens.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:30 am

My timing may be off, doubtful, but may. Always room for improvement.

On the other hand, your material and delivery is lamer than lame, like dead in an old folks home and didn’t know it, like a zonger rather than a zinger, comedy using a walker and them’s the highlights.

Hmmm, is Biggie funny in your opinion? LOL funny? :-k Who here, other than you, of course (ah, but of course) is funny?
Last edited by WendyDarling on Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:48 am

Mowk wrote:
Mowk, no leftist style bullying allowed and no discrimination against citizens of other countries. Them’s our rules in this thread!

When did you get to make any rules in a thread. I can't even get Carleas to enforce the rules he has already made for these threads.

Wendy, have you plucked every petal from that rose I sent you?

No because I called in the bomb squad when your package arrived.

Now, back on topic Mowk.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:15 pm

phoneutria wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Indeed, one day when ILP has finally collapsed under the weight of mediocre minds, this may well be the thread that some will insist set it all going into that final spiral down.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, which one of you is Clevon here: https://youtu.be/-N9nVLXMhPc

Or am I "derailing" the thread? 8)

K: I have a couple of thoughts: first of all, if the kids are busy
in this thread, engaging in a group jerk off, perhaps we adults can
actually work out some real philosophy.. so in fact, I encourage them to
hang out here and while away the day.....this as good a thread for them as any,
and keeps them the hell out of the adult threads they keep craping on.....

secondly, this thread is already so off the rail as to be impossible to "derail"....

Kropotkin

you never replied to me in the marxism thread

K: two things, who are you referring to, IAM or myself? and what is the particular post
you wish one of us, to answer?

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:22 pm

you kopro
when you went like wages are dropping omg
and i replied
phoneutria

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:40 pm

phoneutria wrote:you kopro
when you went like wages are dropping omg
and i replied

K: if you could narrow it down a bit, in that particular thread there are
1217 posts over 49 pages.... I tried to find that particular post, but I didn't see it...
it is clear I am missing it...a little help here will speed things up...

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:58 pm

bottom of page 24 and top of page 25
phoneutria

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:02 pm

phoneutria wrote:bottom of page 24 and top of page 25

K: ok, thank you.. I shall take a look and get back to you when I can....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Mowk » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:31 am

obsrvr524 wrote:
Mowk wrote:I am curious what a non citizens stake in it is? You are a foreign subversive attempting to meddle in the US election?

The real truth supersedes the honorable concern for foreign interference. Deceit, wherever is lies (LIES) is destructive to ALL nations and all peoples. Accurate information is not "interference" with a democratic process.

This is similar to the current suit by Texas against the unconstitutional voting practice of other states. By THEM being deceitful in their voting methods, they infringe upon the rights of Texas voters as a State. And by the US as a whole being deceived, the entire world is infringed upon in all that they do and can do. And by thus, ALL have a stake in what happens to the most influential nations throughout the world.

Do you disagree?

I should have answered.

The real truth supersedes the honorable concern for foreign interference. Deceit, wherever is lies (LIES) is destructive to ALL nations and all peoples. Accurate information is not "interference" with a democratic process.

Have we agreed what is "accurate"? Or what is information that is not deceptive?

I will agree,
Deceit, wherever is lies (LIES) is destructive to ALL nations and all peoples.

I believe our disagreement stems from a difference between what you consider is taking place as "true" and what I do. I don't think you get to determine what is the truth for anyone else but you all on your own. Your description of your experience of events doesn't equate to mine. If I am not normal and you are, what makes any truth out of that?

We can't even agree on asking what is specifically true.

You want members of ILP to sign up to fight what isn't true?

Sign me up, but the very idea of your conception, that you individually can determine truth? Man, I can respect your opinion but it is just an opinion, shared by some but by what philosophical barometer is it truth? Just because someone claims something is true doesn't make it true, while it is true some one claimed it was, it doesn't make the claim truth.

Citizenship aside, your opinion matters, but let's not forget it's just your opinion. Great argument, just not followed through so that we can agree on fact. When we can agree on the details, even that is not confirmation of truth in epistemology.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:44 am

If this looks at all like the shit of experience, what can be done about it? I call you a fascist and you call me a commie. Great fucking progress we're making. The individual that assumes they know anything is the fuck I'm staying as far away from as possible. And that's going to be cause for some concern reciprocally. You got some curiosity left for this world... I'll imagine. Fuck yeah... call to arms, but your reasoning is fucked up in my opinion. Shit is true. People claim shit is truth all the time... anyone get it right yet?

My opinion... not me... not you. Lucky we get to try again.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby obsrvr524 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:55 am

Mowk wrote:If this looks at all like the shit of experience what can be done about it? I call you a fascist and you call me a commie. Great fucking progress we're making. The individual that assumes they know anything is the fuck I'm staying as far away from as possible. You got some curiosity left for this world... I'll imagine. Fuck yeah... call to arms, but your reasoning is fucked up in my opinion. Shit is true.

I think you missed the point.

No matter what side you are on, do you support calling out the evidence that exposes misinformation?

It isn't about labeling. It isn't about good bloke or bad. It is about noting that simple announcements that are provably false are actual Fake News. The issue is whether there is credible argument when these accusations are made.

Notice none of the lengthy explanations, whether rational or not, have been called "Fake News". Fake News are those presumed to be true statements that are inherently accusative yet without argument or evidence.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:24 am

obsrvr524 wrote:
Mowk wrote:If this looks at all like the shit of experience what can be done about it? I call you a fascist and you call me a commie. Great fucking progress we're making. The individual that assumes they know anything is the fuck I'm staying as far away from as possible. You got some curiosity left for this world... I'll imagine. Fuck yeah... call to arms, but your reasoning is fucked up in my opinion. Shit is true.

I think you missed the point.

No matter what side you are on, do you support calling out the evidence that exposes misinformation?

It isn't about labeling. It isn't about good bloke or bad. It is about noting that simple announcements that are provably false are actual Fake News. The issue is whether there is credible argument when these accusations are made.

Notice none of the lengthy explanations, whether rational or not, have been called "Fake News". Fake News are those presumed to be true statements that are inherently accusative yet without argument or evidence.

How are you individually able to determine what is misinformation? And unless we can agree on what that is.... I think you have missed the point.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby obsrvr524 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Mowk wrote:How are you individually able to determine what is misinformation? And unless we can agree on what that is.... I think you have missed the point.

I already explained that but I'll try again with examples.

If someone said -
    President Elect Biden has chosen ---
And if anyone in the coalition thought it relevant he might reply -
    Fake News

There is no President Elect and there will not be until Jan 6 because ---

One person made a misleading statement as if it was fact. The coalition reply pointed out why it is not a true statement.

Further discussion or arguments are free to be made. This isn't a newspaper or tele report or censored social media. Here there is direct conversation back and forth. If the person wants to argue that for some reason Biden really is "President Elect" he is still free to make that argument. Nothing is deleted. No links are disabled. Everything said is still available for free evaluation.

Another example from just hours ago -
obsrvr524 wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:steve bannon is currently on bond for defrauding the build a wall idiots and u suckers would probably send him your money

Fake News

Steve Bannon is on bond for being accused of defrauding like Mr Hidin, Lyin, Biden should be. The difference is that the latter admitted it on tape along with a tremendous amount of evidence to support his admission without the slightest defense. And the former not only has denied it, but has a reasonable defense.

A misleading "fake" statement was made about Mr Bannon. I pointed out why it was false. It is possible that I was wrong. And if there is argument to be made by Mr R he is certainly free to make his argument in public. Perhaps there has been updates. But if the coalition doesn't point out the counter evidence to the presumed fact, political persuasion begins to dictate opinion more than evidence. And that just goes on forever building up division.

This is supposed to be a philosophy board, right? Philosophy ABOUT politics, not merely memed political rhetoric. And in my mind that means giving supportive argument for a stated assertion rather than trying to slip by with rhetorical obfuscation.

It is merely an effort to get a little more real and slow down the sly word trickery and political punditry. Discussion on the issue is still very open. But at least now the trick/devil is exposed.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:24 am

WendyDarling wrote:Well let me know when you’ve told a joke.

i heard a joke today. ready?

what do a pregnant 14 year old and the fetus inside her have in common?

they're both thinking, "oh shit, my mom is gonna kill me".
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics