The Kropotkin-Mowk Eternal War Paradox (from Turd)

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: @Meno_

Postby Meno_ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:44 am

[quote="Mowk"]I don't mind so much the shallow people who do no more then graze at the surface yet think they've dug deep foundations. Yet woe am I as well. My house stands with a little dirt in the corners.[/quote

Mine stands less securely is my point.

Ref: "House hold" by Gary Snyder
Will print You out a copy.
Meno_
breathless

Re: Our house

Postby Mowk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:51 am

My metaphorical house stands cause I bothered to research it's foundations care, and chinked the foundation myself, cause well, there are just some things you don't hire someone else to do. I am sure the yardsticks I use as measure of the planets heath are quite alien to those that think in terms of war.
Mowk
Philosopher

Re: Our house

Postby Meno_ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:46 am

Mowk wrote:My metaphorical house stands cause I bothered to research it's foundations care, and chinked the foundation myself, cause well, there are just some things you don't hire someone else to do. I am sure the yardsticks I use as measure of the planets heath are quite alien to those that think in terms of war.

And yet, some straggle the measure of that foundation by some reference to Nietzsche, forgetting the debt owed to some who he should have pre-figured, namely Heidegger and primarily Husserl.

Now that is almost axiomatic! Not confronting anyone, but some have to be eventually substantiated. That is why, I do not consider translating Kaufman et all a total dereliction of duty.
Meno_
breathless

Re: The heck you say!

Postby Mowk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:07 am

Fairly certain I haven't referenced Nietzsche, Heidegger but primarily not Husserl and never Kaufman.
Mowk
Philosopher

Re: The Kropotkin-Mowk Eternal War Paradox (from Turd)

Postby Mowk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Ref: "House hold" by Gary Snyder

"Earth House Hold"?
by Gary Snyder

Unfortunately the house of my reference is quite a bit smaller and more intimate to me then our Earth House Hold is.

The choices I make seem limited to my influence of effect. If perhaps more made similar choices the big house we share would be on less shaky ground. But I am certainly not going to make up for all the waste our current economic and social practices produces. There is no way the small shovel I can wield, to fill the hole in, will offset the hole many many others are digging, one shovel full in, billions of shovels full out.
Mowk
Philosopher

Re: I am Turd, I am Golden.

Postby Mowk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:05 am

Paraphrasing the Turd here:

I'm such an egotist and literally haven't actually accomplished anything. It's all Biden's fault, and all of ILP sucks, and Trumps dick is bigger then mine so there.

Hey Turd, do let us all know when you've accomplished something, even though the political wind ain't blowing out your ass.

And how's it feel Maia... to be someone's sock puppet?
Mowk
Philosopher

Re: The Kropotkin-Mowk Eternal War Paradox (from Turd)

Postby MagsJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:52 am

_
Well isn’t Mowk being full of provocative surprises these days.. :shock:

Either she and Turd are one and the same, or that is what she has let herself be reduced to?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics