What is this?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: What is this?

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:19 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Maybe purposely reintroduced yearly to populations as another Agenda 21 method of depopulation.


can you fact check this
or do the truth seekers also dabble in speculation?
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is this?

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:You know, I'm not so certain of WWIIIA purity in devotion to destroying his own Whiteness, has he allowed a black man to have sexual intercourse with his White wife or girlfriend in true cuckholdry display yet in attending observance as a part of black sexual reparations?

Only then can we interpret his anti-whiteness as being devout, pure, or true. :-k

I will wait for him to respond.


No this I meant this question.


You actually respect loaded questions as if its valid and not a form of trash? You must have the same debilitating disease of confirmation bias.

This is a philosophy forum in which logic is king. You and him have just declared that you are not kings, but trash.
Last edited by WW_III_ANGRY on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:25 pm

No I'm just wondering.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:No I'm just wondering.


You can wonder off in your delusory realm of strawmen and assumptions all you like, its what trash like yourself are the best at.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:30 pm

So you refuse to answer?
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:31 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:No I'm just wondering.


You can wonder off in your delusory realm of strawmen and assumptions all you like, its what trash like yourself are the best at.


How dare you I am a proud Hispanic American, dare you call me trash.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:33 pm

I'm also likely to be part Jewish.

But that one is OK to hate I guess.

That probably cancels out the Mexican.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Your projection that being "trash" must have something to do with your race is telling.
Last edited by WW_III_ANGRY on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 am

Re: What is this?

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:46 pm

phoneutria wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Maybe purposely reintroduced yearly to populations as another Agenda 21 method of depopulation.


can you fact check this
or do the truth seekers also dabble in speculation?

Of course we dabble in speculation with qualifiers that frame it as such, ex. maybe, but I do need to reread Agenda 21 and try to pull the UN’s examples of “progress” here to be chewed on.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm

That's standard commie MO.

We can't possibly hate BLM because they are commie trash. It must be their skin color.

You commies are irony proof.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm

By the way I don't have a race, I am not a dog. I am a human.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Anyway, we will all be on pins and needles, waiting to hear about the sexual reparations.

We think this is important.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:09 pm

They just let any old asshole into philosophy majors don't they?
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby fuse » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:06 pm

phoneutria wrote:
fuse wrote:Is tuberculosis killing people like covid-19? I don't think we've seen runaway exponential growth of TB like we've seen with covid-19 this year.
There are less than 10k total cases of TB in the U.S. each year. Of those, only a few hundred die. If hundreds of thousands are dying from TB in other places, maybe there ought to be more resources directed, not less?

Also, you can't meaningfully compare infectious diseases without discussing the characteristics of transmission. What is it's incubation period? When does it become transmissible? What is it's effective rate of reproduction and why?

Quantifying TB transmission (2018) wrote:These two quantities (serial interval and reproduction number) have been used to inform control policies during outbreaks [13] by quantifying the transmission of infectious diseases such as influenza A (H1N1) [11,12,14], Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) [12,15], and Ebola [16,17], where progression to disease upon transmission occurs quickly. For example, Wallinga and Teunis [18] in 2004 demonstrated the impact of the first global alert against SARS on the change of the effective reproductive number.

TB has a slower transmission rate due to its much longer incubation period. Of the 5-10% of infections that develop into active (symptomatic and infectious) TB disease, it is thought that the majority occur within the first two years after infection [2,5,19], although active TB disease can develop decades after initial infection [20]. This is much longer than the aforementioned infectious diseases where cases show symptoms within days of infection. Although there is an increasing consensus that some transmission events may occur before the infector shows symptoms, many likely occur after the infector is symptomatic, therefore, the longer the incubation period is, the longer the SI (Figure 1).


these excuses are the reason
TB is the number one infectious disease
in number of deaths
in the world
every year
despite the fact that we have a fucking vaccine for it
and all you gotta do
is give children a few rounds of this shot
to make this thing nearly eradicated
and yet
a disease that has been known since fucking antiquity
that has a prevention method
which has proved effective for decades
infected 10 million new people in 2019
and kills every single year
more people than this cold
completely under the radar
you don't see it in the news
you don't hear politicians talk about it
because TB is a disease of poverty
economic distress
marginalization
it doesn't help people push a political agenda in the first world
it'd just be legit spending money on saving lives
imagine that

Okay, but this is a topic change. You compared TB to covid-19, and when I questioned the actual disease characteristics you say "these excuses." Okay, it doesn't seem like you wanna follow thru and support your original position.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:16 pm

not at all a topic change
my original positions stands
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is this?

Postby fuse » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:29 pm

I mean you didn't respond to anything I said. Now you're not even talking about TB being similar to covid-19, you're now talking about why TB hasn't been eradicated. Thats fine, but it wasn't the original point.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby fuse » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:51 pm

I can see the perspective "who cares about transmission characteristics when TB currently outranks covid-19 in global deaths." But I think the details matter, and you're missing something to write my post off. TB has various local epidemics at this point, and it's still a problem, and ive already suggested that the problem needs resources. Covid-19 is also a problem, and I can't speak for every country around the world, some have done better to stop the spread than others, but in the U.S. 3k ppl dying a day just from covid-19 and this isn't the ceiling, it can get worse. I'm sure you understand exponential growth. Left unchecked the number of new covid-19 cases doubles in a matter of days (due to transmission characteristics), which means more deaths, and we won't have a critical mass of ppl vaccinated for maybe 6 months, maybe longer.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:33 pm

fuse wrote:I mean you didn't respond to anything I said. Now you're not even talking about TB being similar to covid-19, you're now talking about why TB hasn't been eradicated. Thats fine, but it wasn't the original point.


the original point is that covid-19 policy is not about saving people
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is this?

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:52 pm

fuse wrote:I can see the perspective "who cares about transmission characteristics when TB currently outranks covid-19 in global deaths." But I think the details matter, and you're missing something to write my post off. TB has various local epidemics at this point, and it's still a problem, and ive already suggested that the problem needs resources. Covid-19 is also a problem, and I can't speak for every country around the world, some have done better to stop the spread than others, but in the U.S. 3k ppl dying a day just from covid-19 and this isn't the ceiling, it can get worse. I'm sure you understand exponential growth. Left unchecked the number of new covid-19 cases doubles in a matter of days (due to transmission characteristics), which means more deaths, and we won't have a critical mass of ppl vaccinated for maybe 6 months, maybe longer.


yes i understand exponential growth
and i read charts good
here's one

index.jpg
index.jpg (111.48 KiB) Viewed 864 times

*ourworldindata.org

e x p o n e n t i a l

here's another one

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (89.5 KiB) Viewed 864 times

*worldometers.info

people are going to catch this cold
it's in the fucking air that we breathe
everyone is going to get it
that's how the cold&flu season works
but they're also going to recover from it
unless they are elderly or sick
this isn't fucking ebola
let nature work
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is this?

Postby d0rkyd00d » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:08 pm

phoneutria wrote:
fuse wrote:I can see the perspective "who cares about transmission characteristics when TB currently outranks covid-19 in global deaths." But I think the details matter, and you're missing something to write my post off. TB has various local epidemics at this point, and it's still a problem, and ive already suggested that the problem needs resources. Covid-19 is also a problem, and I can't speak for every country around the world, some have done better to stop the spread than others, but in the U.S. 3k ppl dying a day just from covid-19 and this isn't the ceiling, it can get worse. I'm sure you understand exponential growth. Left unchecked the number of new covid-19 cases doubles in a matter of days (due to transmission characteristics), which means more deaths, and we won't have a critical mass of ppl vaccinated for maybe 6 months, maybe longer.


yes i understand exponential growth
and i read charts good
here's one

index.jpg

*ourworldindata.org

e x p o n e n t i a l

here's another one

Untitled.jpg

*worldometers.info

people are going to catch this cold
it's in the fucking air that we breathe
everyone is going to get it
that's how the cold&flu season works
but they're also going to recover from it
unless they are elderly or sick
this isn't fucking ebola
let nature work


And what about human history has led you to believe we are in the business of just letting "nature work?"
"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." -Voltaire

"If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do."
-Bertrand Russell
d0rkyd00d
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:09 pm

i don't have to like it
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is this?

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:10 pm

WW_III_ANGRY wrote:Your projection that being "trash" must have something to do with your race is telling.


He's Venezuelan. :lol: 8)
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: What is this?

Postby phoneutria » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:11 pm

but my point is how this has fuck all to do with saving lives
User avatar
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 am

Re: What is this?

Postby Zero_Sum » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:13 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
No this I meant this question.


I mentally broke him, these gated neo-liberal, communist, or utopian globalist commmunity types don't know how to respond to any kind of thinking outside of their own, all they know how to do is yell out fascist at things they don't like especially when it goes outside of their mental preprogramming. They're unable to argue against anything with any mental depth when it concerns views in conflict with their own. Simpletons really.

He needs to go get a fact check from his favorite political propaganda media outlet before he can even respond to a post.
User avatar
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker
 
Posts: 4141
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Re: What is this?

Postby fuse » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:25 pm

phoneutria,

look at your own chart, covid-19 has already killed more 1.5 million ppl in the world and we haven't even hit year's end with the winter holiday, where transmission is likeky to get another big bump. TB is no longer the single leading global cause of death by infectious disease. And that's *with* bans on movement, quarantines, and aggressive lockdowns. Covid-19 is far from the most fatal disease, but what it lacks in pure deadliness it makes up for in its ability to spread, hence the importance of the other transmission factors at play.

We also don't know the full extent of the lingering effects of covid-19 that many are reporting. I wouldn't assume it's exactly like the common cold until we have as much understanding of it as the common cold.

As with TB, there are a significant number of preventable deaths here.
Last edited by fuse on Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
fuse
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4640
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users