Trump 2020

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Trump 2020

Postby iambiguous » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:05 pm

How problematic is this...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/opin ... e=Homepage

'There’s one thing about the people on the Trump team that I almost admire: When they do blurt out the truth, they really tell you the truth — in a way that’s so raw you’re left asking, “Did they really say that out loud?”

'That was certainly my thought when Kellyanne Conway declared last week, “The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order.”

'The better it is? How could anyone be “better” in America if we have more chaos, anarchy, vandalism and violence? It couldn’t be better — except for one man: Donald Trump.

'Alas, it’s true: Every scene of rioting and looting is probably worth 10,000 votes for Trump’s re-election campaign. Just ask Kellyanne.'

And then no doubt there are liberals who, while not wanting to see people suffer, might rationalize more suffering in the Fall as a result of the "second wave" of Covid 19 precipitating more economic misery for millions.

The idea being that this new travail will result in a Biden victory in the Presidential race and a Democratic victory in the Senate.

Then with the "good guys" back in power the source of all that suffering -- Trumpworld -- can be swept away.

This just in...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/busi ... e=Homepage

'President Trump and Joseph R. Biden Jr. will debate with a single moderator at each of their three matchups, the Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Wednesday.

'The first debate of the general election, on Sept. 29, will be moderated by the “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace. Mr. Wallace received high marks for his debut debate in 2016 and is known for his sharp interviewing style. He is also frequently a target of needling tweets by Mr. Trump.

'The second debate, on Oct. 15, will be moderated by Steve Scully, the political editor at C-SPAN who served as an alternate moderator for the 2016 debates.

'Kristen Welker, a White House correspondent for NBC News and a co-anchor of the weekend “Today” program, will moderate the third debate on Oct. 22. This will be her first time moderating a general-election debate.

'A print journalist, Susan Page, the Washington bureau chief of USA Today, will moderate the vice-presidential debate between Mike Pence and Senator Kamala Harris on Oct. 7.'

Incredibly, no one from Antifa or QAnon was asked to participate!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

"Gail, it’s as if someone dared 2020 to get worse, and 2020 replied: 'Just try me.' Right now I’m just sitting on my porch, awaiting a plague of locusts." Bret Stephens
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:45 am

Looking forward to the debates. Be surprised if Joe shows up and then returns for round two and three. Guess we'll see.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:52 am

Biggie wrote
How problematic is this...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/opin ... e=Homepage

'There’s one thing about the people on the Trump team that I almost admire: When they do blurt out the truth, they really tell you the truth — in a way that’s so raw you’re left asking, “Did they really say that out loud?”

'That was certainly my thought when Kellyanne Conway declared last week, “The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order.”

'The better it is? How could anyone be “better” in America if we have more chaos, anarchy, vandalism and violence? It couldn’t be better — except for one man: Donald Trump.

'Alas, it’s true: Every scene of rioting and looting is probably worth 10,000 votes for Trump’s re-election campaign. Just ask Kellyanne.'

And then no doubt there are liberals who, while not wanting to see people suffer, might rationalize more suffering in the Fall as a result of the "second wave" of Covid 19 precipitating more economic misery for millions.

The idea being that this new travail will result in a Biden victory in the Presidential race and a Democratic victory in the Senate.

Then with the "good guys" back in power the source of all that suffering -- Trumpworld -- can be swept away.

Trump offered to help end the rioting, so it's better for the American people to see what the Democrats condone, do not speak out against, or try to stop until they are losing ground in the polls. KellyAnne had it right, it's better for the American people to realize now that Trump is the President calling for law and order while the Democrats say nothing to stop the riots, hell some of the Democrat politicians have even joined in the riots destroying statues and property while watching their cities burn and people die, all the while trying to blame Trump for the actions of Democrats. It's comically twisted how leftists view the truth and you represent them splendidly, Biggie. How can you play dumb to the Democrats letting their cities be destroyed? Why do I ask about the cesspool brigade's honesty? Honesty from them is never gonna happen. TRUMP 2020!
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Joe Biden's Supporters, Joe Biden's Rioters
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:42 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Joe Biden's Supporters, Joe Biden's Rioters

..a case of, pawns are they?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 am

Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian Lawmaker

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-by-norwegian-lawmaker_3493289.html

The beginning of the article is hilarious saying that Obama did literally nothing to win his peace prize in 2009.

TRUMP 2020
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian Lawmaker

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-by-norwegian-lawmaker_3493289.html

The beginning of the article is hilarious saying that Obama did literally nothing to win his peace prize in 2009.

TRUMP 2020

This makes no sense whatsoever.

The UAE and America have always been allies (the UAE is like the America of the Middle East, and Israel is an American ally. So... it’s not to much of a stretch of the imagination that Israel and UAE already got along... like 40 years ago!!!

This ‘nomination’ is nonsense.

You see... when I was 17 years old (I’m 43 now), the UAE was so rich with oil that they paid for their students to attend American universities. I worked at a university back then!! I had a lot of UAE friends. There was never a problem between UAE and Israel in the first place. UAE has always been ‘western’.

Did Donald Trump cough and they both said “excuse you sir!” And that shit paper the epoch times decided it was a peace agreement. That’s laughable.

Actually, what’s laughable, and has been for decades now is the Nobel prize itself. War criminals have been given the ‘peace’ prize. Kissinger for example.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 am

Mr Obama funded Iran and ISIS to keep the Middle East distrustful and violent (a pentagon agenda). Mr Trump crushed ISIS, destroyed the Caliphate, and defunded Iran which in turn allowed the UAE to gain sufficient treaty negotiations with Israel. Many other Arab nations can now do similar. Getting Arabs and Jews to get along peaceably has NEVER been even possible much less easy.

Mr Trump's anti-war foreign policy, especially regarding Iran and Syria, along with settling the issue of Jerusalem by decree is what opened the possibility for peace between Arabs and Jews.

He very much deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and far, far more than Mr Obama.
              You have been observed.
obsrvr524

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:30 pm

obsrvr524: Mr Obama funded Iran and ISIS to keep the Middle East distrustful and violent (a pentagon agenda).

K: and your proof for this factual wrong evidence?

Ob: Trump crushed ISIS, destroyed the Caliphate, and defunded Iran which in turn allowed the UAE to gain sufficient treaty negotiations with Israel. Many other Arab nations can now do similar. Getting Arabs and Jews to get along peaceably has NEVER been even possible much less easy.

K: again, simple not true...so, where is your proof?

Mr Trump's anti-war foreign policy, especially regarding Iran and Syria, along with settling the issue of Jerusalem by decree is what opened the possibility for peace between Arabs and Jews.

K: The village idiot has turned the middle east into a Russian sphere of influence..

O: He very much deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and far, far more than Mr Obama.[/quote]

K: and at the time, I disagreed with Obama peace prize, but then entire focus of the
IQ45 administration has been to turn the world into either the Russian sphere of influcence
or the Chinese.....

Internationally, the U.S. now has all the influence of Uruguay and it is all because IQ45
has committed treason with Russia...

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby obsrvr524 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Unfortunatly I have observed your posting before. If I thought you could see even the slightest bit of light from inside your bubble of belief I might consider the exchange. As it is, I think any light from the international perspective getting in would cause a burst of implosive babbling and drown you with the issues of reality. Why be so cruel? Everyone has to have their security blanket and misguided hopes.
              You have been observed.
obsrvr524

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:09 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:Unfortunatly I have observed your posting before. If I thought you could see even the slightest bit of light from inside your bubble of belief I might consider the exchange. As it is, I think any light from the international perspective getting in would cause a burst of implosive babbling and drown you with the issues of reality. Why be so cruel? Everyone has to have their security blanket and misguided hopes.

K: and all I have ask for is proof? is that really so hard to give us?

apparently you can't give us any proof for your statements.....

you take your beliefs on faith and all long as you know that........

even you admit your statements are "security blankets and misguided hopes"

I am far too old to hold onto "security blankets and misguided hopes"

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Trump lies. About everything. About anything. And who is to say the extent to which, given any particular lie, he is aware that he is lying and using it solely to sustain what he perceives to be his own political advantage. Or if, instead, as a deeply self-absorbed narcissist [if that's what he is] he is not even fully aware consciously of the fact that what he says is an actual lie at all. He merely says that which anchors "I" to the most comforting and consoling frame of mind psychologically.

But those opposed to Trump who are committed to pointing out all of the falsehoods he utters, surely by now must acknowledge that there are millions and millions of Americans out there who are not in the least interested in hearing that. Trump is seen by them as either the man who will Make America White Again or as the man who will sustain the wealth and the power of the conservative branch embedded in the crony capitalist ruling class.

So, for Biden and the Democrats, it really comes down to how effective they are in making that large swath of white working class Americans who rally behind Trump aware of just how and why his lies are detrimental to them in terms of economic security and jobs and health care and other such fundamental issues. The part some insist that Hilary Clinton fucked up on.

Still best captured in my view by Bob Dylan here: https://youtu.be/vxVH2WOy2DM

But: Biden not being Bernie Sanders, his commitment to more fundamental change in "the system" is considerably more problematic. So, how far is he really going to go in distancing himself from the more liberal branch of the crony capitalist ruling class.

And then of course the "value voter" "social" issues: abortion, gun control, capital punishment, animal rights, hunting, homosexuality, etc etc etc.

Here the arguments from both sides become all that much more problematic.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

"Gail, it’s as if someone dared 2020 to get worse, and 2020 replied: 'Just try me.' Right now I’m just sitting on my porch, awaiting a plague of locusts." Bret Stephens
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Trumpworld in a nutshell encompassed in a political cartoon by Steve Preen here:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/op ... teve-breen

Yet any number of white working class men and women in the pot rally around Trump because they want the country to go back to something analogous to the 1950s.

Either Biden and Democrats running for the Senate manage to disillusion these folks about Trump or Trump could well win again. Even fair and square.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:45 am

Oh look, another Echo chamber.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:48 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Oh look, another Echo chamber.

Ordinarily, I would say, "No Kids allowed!", but this thread was started by one.

So, okay, carry on. =D>

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics