Trump 2020

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:09 pm

Biggie, you haven't disputed my evidence as you think you have. Trump was called a racist supporter of neo nazis and white supremacists which he condemned in my video evidence. You are intellectually dishonest to write all that mumbo jumbo that has nothing to do with the reason Trump was called racist and Trump refuted your bologna. Your point discussed and resolved by Trump.

Your disability video doesn't cover the multitude of times, over years, Trump flailed his arms regarding individuals who are not as disabled as you or that reporter. You are presented Trump flailing his arms on numerous occasions and all you can do is believe the media lie as if it only happened one time, to one poor disabled reporter, how convenient. More intellectual dishonesty.

Your turn to proliferate the deceit yet again.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 pm

EC,

You seriously want me to respond to why Trump said that Germany will be relying on Russia for energy in the future?

And you seriously want me to respond to people paraphrasing Trump as in your evidence presented in the second video? Paraphrasing Trump is not legitimately a Trump quote.

Why do you promote intellectual dishonesty?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Copy
Last edited by WendyDarling on Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby iambiguous » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:50 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Biggie, you haven't disputed my evidence as you think you have. Trump was called a racist supporter of neo nazis and white supremacists which he condemned in my video evidence. You are intellectually dishonest to write all that mumbo jumbo that has nothing to do with the reason Trump was called racist and Trump refuted your bologna. Your point discussed and resolved by Trump.

Your disability video doesn't cover the multitude of times, over years, Trump flailed his arms regarding individuals who are not as disabled as you or that reporter. You are presented Trump flailing his arms on numerous occasions and all you can do is believe the media lie as if it only happened one time, to one poor disabled reporter, how convenient. More intellectual dishonesty.

Your turn to proliferate the deceit yet again.



Again, if it doesn't embarrass you to flail your mind like the Kids here huffing and puffing, it doesn't embarrass me to keep letting you.

Not only that but to the best of my knowledge, you don't even have a "condition".

You don't, do you? =D>
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

"Gail, it’s as if someone dared 2020 to get worse, and 2020 replied: 'Just try me.' Right now I’m just sitting on my porch, awaiting a plague of locusts." Bret Stephens
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 37232
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Wendy - leftism is intellectual dishonesty. Their philosophers are very open about that; all that matters for them is how you tweak the text. (Post-structuralism)

Here's the very opposite of leftism - sensibility born of experience, the pride of a life well lived; love, honour. All these are purely Conservative values.



Love, for the left, is a form of angry entitlement. They have no knowledge of the heart, it seems, and thus have nothing to lose (and despite their desires, nothing to gain); nihilism as Nietzsche predicted it.
It is moving to see true humanity coming out to fight against it in this dark hour.

Death to the murderers.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Wendy - leftism is intellectual dishonesty. Their philosophers are very open about that; all that matters for them is how you tweak the text. (Post-structuralism)

Here's the very opposite of leftism - sensibility born of experience, the pride of a life well lived; love, honour. All these are purely Conservative values.



Love, for the left, is a form of angry entitlement. They have no knowledge of the heart, it seems, and thus have nothing to lose (and despite their desires, nothing to gain); nihilism as Nietzsche predicted it.
It is moving to see true humanity coming out to fight against it in this dark hour.

Death to the murderers.



K: and here we have on display, the hate and anger that is the essence of
the conservative...he is openly calling for the death of liberals......

and based upon what? his anger and his hate... no trial, no jury,
no other judgment other then his hate and anger... so much for
any legal basis for judgment, no need for appeal, no need to be anything
but a liberal to be found guilty.. and guilty of death... based upon what
standards?

rule of law is unnecessary when simple hate is enough to convict someone to
death... ummmm, what does this remind me of? oh, yah, Nazi Germany when
all was needed to be sent to death in a concentration camp was simple hate....

to be Jewish was enough to die or to be gay was enough to die or to
be a gypsy was enough to be sent to death......nothing more was required,
but hate... congratulations.... you were able to equal Nazi's in their hate of
others....I am sure your mother is very proud of making a son who has enough
hate to sentence people to death based on being different then you.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:24 am

The earth has moved out from under the feet of Kropotkin and he is too ignorant to notice:

PK since you are too lazy to click and watch videos, since you don't have the concentration span for it, the following video is a long, long list of life-long democrats going RED WAVE in 2020. And this isn't just a small sample. The entire center is shifting Hard-Right. And it's your fault PK. Your. Fault.

Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:The earth has moved out from under the feet of Kropotkin and he is too ignorant to notice:

PK since you are too lazy to click and watch videos, since you don't have the concentration span for it, the following video is a long, long list of life-long democrats going RED WAVE in 2020. And this isn't just a small sample. The entire center is shifting Hard-Right. And it's your fault PK. Your. Fault.



K: I have made it quite clear I don't consider video's to be philosophy...

philosophy is the use of words to think about an position...
perhaps that makes me old school... so be it...

as for your contention that the "entire center is shifting hard-right" actually,
there is pretty strong evidence that the opposite is happening...

and as it being my fault, well, I must be an extremely powerful person...
you sure you want to fuck with someone who can shift the entire country
political perspective?

One other minor point, we have had well over 200 former GOP types declare for
Biden... including many former officials who worked within the IQ45 administration.....

think of the many GOP officials who spoke at the DNC... including Colin Powell
and John Kasich..... and every single former president still living has endorsed
Biden...your arguments simple don't hold water.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:01 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:there is pretty strong evidence that the opposite is happening...

Kropotkin

Let me guess....

You only watch CNN. No brainer. If you listen to the Fake News Media, literally The Enemy of the People, then it's not a surprise why you're so wrong, eating up your spoon full of daily lies.

MSM is the Enemy of American citizens.


This is also why you're going to so surprised, "SHOCKED!!!" after Trump wins a 50-state landslide. Will you learn? Will you admit to your mistakes? Will you apologize? No, you'll only stick your head further into the ground. Because you've spent your whole life on lies. Why stop lying now??? You're in too deep.

Even when 90% of America lines up against you, even then, you'll deny and ignore the obvious truth.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Real Black America speaks:

Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:there is pretty strong evidence that the opposite is happening...

Kropotkin

Let me guess....

You only watch CNN. No brainer. If you listen to the Fake News Media, literally The Enemy of the People, then it's not a surprise why you're so wrong, eating up your spoon full of daily lies.

MSM is the Enemy of American citizens.


This is also why you're going to so surprised, "SHOCKED!!!" after Trump wins a 50-state landslide. Will you learn? Will you admit to your mistakes? Will you apologize? No, you'll only stick your head further into the ground. Because you've spent your whole life on lies. Why stop lying now??? You're in too deep.

Even when 90% of America lines up against you, even then, you'll deny and ignore the obvious truth.


K: Ok, place your bets... I say Biden will win and IQ45 will somehow try to void the election...
care to place a bet... by the way, Clinton won the last election getting 3 million more
vote then IQ45.....it was the outdated Electoral collage that got IQ45 the election,
not the popular vote...

as for a "50 state" landslide.... I can tell you that I doubt in California that
IQ45 will get even 40% of the vote... I am guessing maybe, 35% of the vote totals....

in a state of 40 million people, he might get 35% of the vote....
and he won't win any west coast state, Washington, Oregon and California...

so the fact tell us you are wrong... completely and utterly wrong....

so, place your bets.... if IQ45 can win the popular vote, not the EC, but the
popular vote, I shall make a post stating that IQ45 is the greatest president in
American history....

and If Biden wins the popular vote, you shall write a post stating that
IQ45 is the worst president in American history...bet?

I doubt you will because conservatives are gutless cowards.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Oh look Kropotkin! I found your daughter and nieces on youtube! They're just like you!

Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:47 pm

still don't watch video's

and what about my offer to bet?

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:49 pm

The bet is already set though.

You're going to be 'surprised', shocked, and crying again, in 2020 just like you were in 2016. Because you haven't learned a thing. You're making the same mistake, twice in a row.

Yes, we will see who wins this bet.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2753
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby iambiguous » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:52 pm

Power to the people?

Well, wasn't the electoral college created as a buffer between the ruling class and the masses:

https://www.history.com/news/electoral- ... convention

The irony being that many liberals see the really, really dumb yahoos that populate Trumpworld -- a few of them here! -- as precisely the sort of folk that the electoral college was designed to keep at a distance.

And, who knows, one day the electoral college may well act in precisely that manner and it will be the Democrats using it to take the White House.

In the modern era however only two Presidents took it that way: Dubya and Trump.

Or, sure, it all becomes moot and Trump declares martial law.

What might trigger it?

Well, a particularly brutal second wave of Covid in the Fall, plunging the economy into an even deeper depression, along with more and more "social unrest" exploding.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

"Gail, it’s as if someone dared 2020 to get worse, and 2020 replied: 'Just try me.' Right now I’m just sitting on my porch, awaiting a plague of locusts." Bret Stephens
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 37232
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:16 pm

as I think about it, why declare Martial law?

think about it? why would one declare martial law?

the very use of martial law tells us that the person or party
that wants martial law is devoid of imagination, intelligence,
mental acumen, or any type of brilliance....let us compare
two such example... in 1932, FDR was elected President in the midst
of the greatest economic collapse in world history... he very easily could
have declared martial law and fixed the problem that way....but he
didn't.... but why? why didn't he take the easy and obvious course
of declaring martial law?

because he had intelligence and imagination... he could see other paths
to a functional economy ... he took the hard road of trying to solve
the nations problems with laws and programs like the TVA and the new deal....

he didn't take the easy path of martial law because he had enough strength
of character to see another path beside the easy path of martial law.....

for IQ45 to declare martial law is to state the obvious, IQ45 has no
imagination or intelligence to see any other path to solving our problems....

let us take our second example, Hitler declaring himself "dictator" for life....

that took no skill or intelligence or imagination to do so... just the lust for
power is all it takes to do so.......

to declare martial law is to say out loud, I have no other means
to solve our problems.. in other, I am incapable of actually working toward
an intelligent and imaginative manner..... the easy road to a solution is
to declared oneself dictator...it says, I am incapable of solving this problem...
so, I will just assume power to avoid actually solving this..

it is from incredible weakness that IQ45 will go the martial law route...
not from strength..it is from weakness of intelligence, imagination
and strength of character that he will pick martial law.......

for that is what a weak person does... they choose the easiest path
to travel because they lack the strength of character and intelligence
and imagination to try the harder path that FDR choose......

for IQ45 to choose martial law is to say to the world...

I am so weak and incompetent that I cannot choose anything
other then martial law....see my failure of being a leader because
I cannot choose anything besides martial law...

a failure of intelligence and character and imagination....only IQ45 would so publicly
announced to being a failure of a human being.....

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8313
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:35 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:The earth has moved out from under the feet of Kropotkin and he is too ignorant to notice:

PK since you are too lazy to click and watch videos, since you don't have the concentration span for it, the following video is a long, long list of life-long democrats going RED WAVE in 2020. And this isn't just a small sample. The entire center is shifting Hard-Right. And it's your fault PK. Your. Fault.



:lol: =D> :lol: =D> Came on to post that vid. There's a lot of retards though, probably 40% of the population desires "free stuff", communism, violence for the sake of violence, no police until they're attacked, total wokeness where paedophilia and beastiality are part of their polyamorous ensemble, no guns, no speech.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:00 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Wendy - leftism is intellectual dishonesty. Their philosophers are very open about that; all that matters for them is how you tweak the text. (Post-structuralism)

Here's the very opposite of leftism - sensibility born of experience, the pride of a life well lived; love, honour. All these are purely Conservative values.



Love, for the left, is a form of angry entitlement. They have no knowledge of the heart, it seems, and thus have nothing to lose (and despite their desires, nothing to gain); nihilism as Nietzsche predicted it.
It is moving to see true humanity coming out to fight against it in this dark hour.

Death to the murderers.



K: and here we have on display, the hate and anger that is the essence of
the conservative...he is openly calling for the death of liberals......

and based upon what? his anger and his hate... no trial, no jury,
no other judgment other then his hate and anger... so much for
any legal basis for judgment, no need for appeal, no need to be anything
but a liberal to be found guilty.. and guilty of death... based upon what
standards?

rule of law is unnecessary when simple hate is enough to convict someone to
death... ummmm, what does this remind me of? oh, yah, Nazi Germany when
all was needed to be sent to death in a concentration camp was simple hate....

to be Jewish was enough to die or to be gay was enough to die or to
be a gypsy was enough to be sent to death......nothing more was required,
but hate... congratulations.... you were able to equal Nazi's in their hate of
others....I am sure your mother is very proud of making a son who has enough
hate to sentence people to death based on being different then you.....

Kropotkin


Is that your retort to Mr. Alvarez's speech as a true American who's more American than you, Peter?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:48 am

iambiguous wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Biggie, you haven't disputed my evidence as you think you have. Trump was called a racist supporter of neo nazis and white supremacists which he condemned in my video evidence. You are intellectually dishonest to write all that mumbo jumbo that has nothing to do with the reason Trump was called racist and Trump refuted your bologna. Your point discussed and resolved by Trump.

Your disability video doesn't cover the multitude of times, over years, Trump flailed his arms regarding individuals who are not as disabled as you or that reporter. You are presented Trump flailing his arms on numerous occasions and all you can do is believe the media lie as if it only happened one time, to one poor disabled reporter, how convenient. More intellectual dishonesty.

Your turn to proliferate the deceit yet again.



Again, if it doesn't embarrass you to flail your mind like the Kids here huffing and puffing, it doesn't embarrass me to keep letting you.

Not only that but to the best of my knowledge, you don't even have a "condition".



You don't, do you? =D>


Biggie pretending to debate. His full theatrics will include side notes to others, :wink:, and :banana-dance: Is he is the mood to perform for his fan club? "Of course, unless I'm mistaken."-Biggie
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:18 am

I am amazed that there is so much hatred in Western culture. It seems that all the toil and sweat of the past is forgotten, and mud-slinging is the name of the game. The dangers of opportunistic politics are not seen by the radicals, on whichever side they are on. The repetition of terrible historical developments is not seen by people who know history only through its representation in films. It is true that the radical left would lead us into the intolerance of communism, just as the radical right would lead us into the intolerance of fascism. Both are extreme conditions that have proved to be disastrous for humanity. The question is how far the moderate voters will tend to go in either direction. If you go too far on either side, it will be ugly and nobody will win.

Candidates and political parties need to be clear about both the degree of social engagement and the degree of control. To this end, candidates must have a clear position on all moral values, even if there will be attempts on both sides to make the dirt stick, but the level of morality must at least be at a socially acceptable level. Candidates must be congruent in their deeds and words and in their plan for society. There must be a plan for society as a whole, not just for one group. Candidates must show that they have the ability and experience to implement their policies, even if they are not experts in a particular field. They must be seen to motivate the most capable people in society to work with them.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
User avatar
Bob
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3456
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Trump 2020

Postby promethean75 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:04 pm

no police until they're attacked, total wokeness where paedophilia and beastiality are part of their polyamorous ensemble, no guns, no speech.


I think there should at least be laws preventing people from having sex with underaged animals, though.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby promethean75 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:39 pm

But damn it would be very difficult to enforce an age of consent law for animals in a court if law. What if a minor aged female goat had to testify against a Kentuckyian who was being charged for first degree rape? Wouldnt the cards be stacked against the guy?

Prosecutor: 'was the sex between you and dale consensual?

Minor aged female goat: 'naah-haah-haah-haah!'




Thank you, thank you....
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3303
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: Trump 2020

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:06 pm


Silent Majority Supports America
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Trump 2020

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:52 am

I'm not a Trump supporter. I don't see any fundamental difference between him and the corporate left but I have an overwhelming desire to get down on my knees and worship the God Emperor when I see this:


.
User avatar
Chakra Superstar
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am

Re: Trump 2020

Postby iambiguous » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:53 pm

How Trump might pull it off...

ttps://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/31/opini ... e=Homepage

'On Thursday, as Donald Trump was about to accept the Republican nomination from the South Lawn of the White House with warnings that “No one will be safe in Biden’s America,” National Public Radio was doing its small part to make sure the president would be re-elected.

'NPR’s assistance in this matter was surely unwitting. But that doesn’t make it any less effective.

'The assist came in the form of a lengthy interview by NPR’s Natalie Escobar with Vicky Osterweil, author of “In Defense of Looting.” The book makes the case for looting because it “attacks some of the core beliefs and structures of cisheteropatriarchal racial capitalist society”; “rejects the legitimacy of ownership rights and property”; and “reveals all these for what they are: not natural facts, but social constructs benefiting a few at the expense of the many, upheld by ideology, economy and state violence.”

'To judge by the NPR interview, “In Defense of Looting” is not an interesting book. It speaks for almost nobody beyond the fringe left — and certainly not for looters who hadn’t thought about “cisheteropatriarchalism.” The fact that the publisher is an imprint of the international conglomerate Hachette (2018 revenues, approximately $2.7 billion) compounds foolishness with hypocrisy.'


Law and order. Along with Make America White Again. Along with Putin. Along with dirty tricks.

Just go back to Nixon and the Southern Strategy. A strategy that, in 2016, was also effective in Pennsylvania, Ohio and across much of the Rust Belt.

Here's the thing though. Back in the Nixon era there was no corona virus pandemic and an economy with 30 million unemployed.

So, does all of this then make the November election a toss-up?

No Kids please. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

"Gail, it’s as if someone dared 2020 to get worse, and 2020 replied: 'Just try me.' Right now I’m just sitting on my porch, awaiting a plague of locusts." Bret Stephens
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 37232
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users