Bipartisanship

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Bipartisanship

Postby Gloominary » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:18 pm

If you're on the left, name at least one thing about the right you agree with the left typically disagrees with.

If you're on the right, name at least one thing about the left you agree with the right typically disagrees with.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Re: Bipartisanship

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:40 pm

Gloominary wrote:If you're on the right, name at least one thing about the left you agree with.

Currently.. nothing.

The daily fake news is even starting to annoy those on the Left, because now everyone is at home to witness the aggression with which the Left attack the Opposition.

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby iambiguous » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Gloominary wrote:If you're on the left, name at least one thing about the right you agree with the left typically disagrees with.

If you're on the right, name at least one thing about the left you agree with the right typically disagrees with.

Or, if you are, say, a Kantian or an Ayn Rand Objectvist, note something that both those on the left and those on the right are obligated to do if they wish to be thought of as a rational [and thus virtuous] human being.

But, in the spirit of the thread, my own political prejudices [rooted in dasein] revolve around the left/liberal perspective.

But "I" still support capital punishment and the right to own and operate a gun.

If only from a considerably more "fractured and fragmented" point of view.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Gloominary » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:32 am

MagsJ wrote:
Gloominary wrote:If you're on the right, name at least one thing about the left you agree with.

Currently.. nothing.

The daily fake news is even starting to annoy those on the Left, because now everyone is at home to witness the aggression with which the Left attack the Opposition.

What did you use to like about the left?
When did the left take a, left turn in your estimation, what do you particularly dislike about them these days?
Why do you think the left are so hostile to Great Britain, their host nations, any kind of nationalism or patriotism in general?
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:09 am

iambiguous wrote:
Gloominary wrote:If you're on the left, name at least one thing about the right you agree with the left typically disagrees with.

But, in the spirit of the thread, my own political prejudices [rooted in dasein] revolve around the left/liberal perspective.

But "I" still support capital punishment and the right to own and operate a gun.

If only from a considerably more "fractured and fragmented" point of view.

Why do you still support capital punishment and gun rights?
Why do you think the left and right can't see eye to eye on this issue?
Gloominary
Philosopher

Return to Society, Government, and Economics