Psychic Epidemics

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Psychic Epidemics

Postby encode_decode » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm

The world has become a crazy place...

Jung warned that, “It is becoming ever more obvious that it is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer, but man himself who is man’s greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes.”
Taken from: http://wildancestors.blogspot.com/2016/01/psychic-epidemics.html

I was browsing YouTube and came across this:

I don't usually post videos and the video is not the best-presented video I have ever seen but it did make me think.

Random thoughts/observations: Lately, I have noticed a few people(from all over the place(our planet)) that do not bother to read things properly, do not think logically about their conclusions, and are quick to jump to conclusions without much thought beforehand. The world is so paranoid about things that do not warrant the level of paranoia that is given those things. Regarding feminism in its latest form; WTF. The level of oversensitivity in some social interactions/situations is also mind-blowing in a lot of cases. I could go on and on about the different psycho/social problems that just keep arising in the first world(in my circle we have a little joke after we complain about something: first world problems). Anyway....
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
encode_decode
Philosopher

Re: Psychic Epidemics

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:12 pm

This kind of stuff should be taught in JR Highschool - ages 13-14.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: Psychic Epidemics

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:33 pm

encode_decode wrote:The world has become a crazy place...

Jung warned that, “It is becoming ever more obvious that it is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer, but man himself who is man’s greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes.”
Taken from: http://wildancestors.blogspot.com/2016/01/psychic-epidemics.html

I was browsing YouTube and came across this:

I don't usually post videos and the video is not the best-presented video I have ever seen but it did make me think.

Random thoughts/observations: Lately, I have noticed a few people(from all over the place(our planet)) that do not bother to read things properly, do not think logically about their conclusions, and are quick to jump to conclusions without much thought beforehand. The world is so paranoid about things that do not warrant the level of paranoia that is given those things. Regarding feminism in its latest form; WTF. The level of oversensitivity in some social interactions/situations is also mind-blowing in a lot of cases. I could go on and on about the different psycho/social problems that just keep arising in the first world(in my circle we have a little joke after we complain about something: first world problems). Anyway....

Prosperity(decadence) seems to damage mental health when we do not own our stuff instead our stuff owns us. As I’ve read elsewhere, an easier life without true toil leads to mischief and degeneracy.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Return to The Sandbox