Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:03 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:That is a very different claim from that they always vote in lockstep, specially when you used that vague generalization to counter that Trump's agenda was, in fact, blocked by Congress, in the specific case of the oil crash.


its a fact that supports the claim


It really isn't.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:04 am

if roe v wade has been settled law since the 70s then appointing judges to unsettle it is judicial activism
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:04 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:That is a very different claim from that they always vote in lockstep, specially when you used that vague generalization to counter that Trump's agenda was, in fact, blocked by Congress, in the specific case of the oil crash.


its a fact that supports the claim


It really isn't.



not a fact? or doesn't support the claim?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:05 am

It really isn't a fact that supports the claim.

Are you slow? Come on man.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:05 am

Wanting judges that consider their job to stick to and enforce the letter of the law, instead of reading apolitical bias into them, is not judicial activism.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:06 am

dont be word picky thats a cop out

the gop senate, without any democrat votes just confirmed a woman with 3 years experience to the scotus because she has been vocal about her opposition to what is widely considered to be settled law.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:06 am

The fact that judges that consider their job to stick to and enforce the letter of the law present such a stark contrast to Democrat nominees, is really a problem of Democrat dishonesty, not Republican activism.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:08 am

appointing 200 or more fed judges all endorsed by the same far right think tank without any democrat votes in the senate is judicial activism this shit will be studied for 1000 years
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:08 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:dont be word picky thats a cop out

the gop senate, without any democrat votes just confirmed a woman with 3 years experience to the scotus because she has been vocal about her opposition to what is widely considered to be settled law.


word picky? You just tried to nail me on whether I meant not a fact or not supportive of the claim. Jesus. The claim, to remind you, is that GOP controlled Senate or Houses always vote in lockspet for Trump's agenda.

That is so general that it almost isn't falsifiable. But it is. And it's false.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:08 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:appointing 200 or more fed judges all endorsed by the same far right think tank without any democrat votes in the senate is judicial activism this shit will be studied for 1000 years


Again, "far right think tank>"

Just because you have scary sounding words, doesn't bring any legitimacy to the shit you say.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:09 am

This whole "far right" thing, which used simply to mean nazi, was invented in Venezuela, where parties that are left of the Democrat party were referred to as "far right," "la extrema derecha," by Chavez and the Chavistas.

Old communist trick. It is meaningless. Has no meaning behind it.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:10 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:The fact that judges that consider their job to stick to and enforce the letter of the law present such a stark contrast to Democrat nominees, is really a problem of Democrat dishonesty, not Republican activism.


this is like saying that the tuskeege experiments werent unethical research i mean come on man you can have your political leanings but you cant have your own definition of judicial activism. its clear that you are partisan but to say that this woman was chosen for her qualifications or that 200 plus fed judges all from the federalist society isn't judicial activism is absurd on its face you have to be intellecually honest.

just say you want judges that agree with your politics if thats how you feel.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:11 am

i want judges, that consider their jobs, to ENFORCE EXISTING LAW.

Not color it, not interpret it in light of modern whatever the fuck.

The actual law.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:11 am

i mean i dont care if people get abortions and some people think that makes me terrible but im honest about it and dont try and cloak it in some right good left bad pseudophilosophical nonsense this is legit disappointing
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:i want judges, that consider their jobs, to ENFORCE EXISTING LAW.

Not color it, not interpret it in light of modern whatever the fuck.

The actual law.


judges dont enforce laws thats not the job they interpret it as it applies to a novel set of facts and interpretations inherently color the law
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 am

No, they take a claim that something has broken the law, they look at the law, and they decide if it was broken. That is enforcement.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:13 am

Enforcement, as opposed to creation, which is up to lawmakers.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:14 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:No, they take a claim that something has broken the law, they look at the law, and they decide if it was broken. That is enforcement.



this is not what a scotus justice does bruh
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:14 am

That is exactly what the scotus does, dude.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:15 am

its just not
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:16 am

by the time a case gets to scotus facts of it are not in question what is in question it the interpretation of the statue so they interpret the statue and since they only deal with novel cases those interpretations color the law
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:16 am

why not just have a machine do it?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:17 am

My man, what makes the scotus the scotus, is that when a lower court has looked at an allegation that a law was broken, and decided that it was or it wasn't, and the scotus finds that a party appealing the decision has good reason to believe that the lower court missed something, they take the case. They are the last chain uop where this happens, so their decisions on whether a law was broken or not are final.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:18 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:My man, what makes the scotus the scotus, is that when a lower court has looked at an allegation that a law was broken, and decided that it was or it wasn't, and the scotus finds that a party appealing the decision has good reason to believe that the lower court missed something, they take the case. They are the last chain uop where this happens, so their decisions on whether a law was broken or not are final.


Unless they have good reason down the road to find that they themselves missed something, iow, they can indirectly serve as their own court of appeals for a new crime of a similar nature as one they ruled on before.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 8792
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:19 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:My man, what makes the scotus the scotus, is that when a lower court has looked at an allegation that a law was broken, and decided that it was or it wasn't, and the scotus finds that a party appealing the decision has good reason to believe that the lower court missed something, they take the case. They are the last chain uop where this happens, so their decisions on whether a law was broken or not are final.


nah man thats what appellate courts do. then that may or may not be final depending on if the loser can show a novel element that can get them to scotus where the law would then be interpreted and thereby colored by that interpretation.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28479
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users