Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 am

quitter
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Aloof relationship with the truth-er.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:10 am

i like this post better than the ones where you seem to think that a woman w/ 3 years experience and a long history of being vocal about overturning settled law got appointed to scotus because she is not a judicial activist

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:11 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I think, before you get to ask any more questions, you have to start fezzing up to at least some of the lies you have straight up said to my face.

Then we can start an honest argument, about what factors might influence case rulings.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:13 am

ok sorry for lying or whatever now are you actually saying that you dont think acb was chosen for her activism?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:28 am

Bullshit.

What did you lie about?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:29 am

coming off a bit needy i already said sorry i can see you dont want to move on to the subject at hand

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:33 am

I just don't want it to be like a thing that you feel you can do whenever. You have lost credibility and good faith. You dumped 20 articles on me, none of which supported anything you said.

It's about establishing an honest line of communication. Otherwise I'm Charlie Brown and you're Lucy.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 am

you cant admit acb is an activist on abortion?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 am

Based on wat?

You lied and said that she said she wanted to repeal Roe v Wade. That's all you have so far. And it is a blatant lie.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:52 am

sorry i lied but you did read the part where she said she wanted to restrict that right, right? so i mean lets move forward. restriction of a right that comes as a result of a long settled case is activism

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:54 am

You are saying she has an agenda, to judge cases based on political bias external to appropriate laws.

What do you base this on?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:27 am

bruh i posted like a dozen articles and you didn't read them you found one quote where she basically admitted it and then you said ask what im basing it on lol thats crazy

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Just out of curiosity, on the Desperate Degenerate thread Satyr notes this...

Reply to my undying fan on ILP, Marj...
who wrote with passionate adulation and, I am sure, honest concern:

Marj wrote:
Isn’t Satyr going through the exact same experience? Odd!

Well, no....never went through such an emotional crisis. It was all expected, perhaps part of a diabolical plan.

Then [of course] blah blah blah.

Now if you click on the blue ILP you go here:

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5#p2783825

All these references to folks that seem to indicate "things" about them in, uh, Satyr's world. Now, the ILP/KT "wars" are long in the past. As, alas, are both ILP and KT.

I'm just curious as to what all of these references "mean".

You know, while waiting for godot. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:45 pm

_
Well, I didn’t mean the emotional aspect of what FC is going through, just the ‘son’ part..

The ILP/KT "wars" have given way to ILP sock-puppet dramas and accusations, but who is really who?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm

From the KT desperate degenerate thread:

It seems of late satyr has become increasingly more preoccupied with the "chimp" again.

satyr wrote: The other head clown on ILP has telegraphed who and what he is.
On his own sig he tells everyone who he is, projecting it as an accusation against others.
He was, is and to the day he dies will remain...

John Fowles wrote:

.... a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest.

satyr wrote:And he's gone from detesting unbelievers - sinners - when he was a devout Abrahamic, to detesting capitalists, when he was a Marxist, and now he detests "objectivists", as a still loyal to the same convictions - same abstractions - postmodern.
These named and identified others are the ones who are blamed for his failure to change the world in accordance with his subjective ideals.
It can't be that his ideals were wrong, so it must be someone fault.
His impotence to change the world for the "better" is unloaded upon them; named infidels, capitalists and now, having matured, objectivists.

satyr wrote:blah blah blah

Of course here's the thing:

He has this forum over there in which he can say anything he wishes about me. But, then, after I read it, all I can do is to go to the bottom of the page:

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum

And over and again of late I have invited him to come here to the "new ILP" -- where almost no one gets banned -- and, given a particular context, explore all of those contemptuous accusations of his.

So, Mr. Goatman, put up or shut up. Here or there let's exchange the components of our respective philosophies. In particular, as they are relevant to answering this question: "how ought one to live?" in a world teeming with conflicting goods.

Given a set of circumstances of your own choosing.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:53 am

Æon wrote: Lambo doesn't understand what "Objective" means or 'Objectivism' is.

He doesn't have the IQ for it. He knows this intuitively, but can't admit it to himself, because it would be a complete humiliation and loss of Pride/Ego. Instead he is drawn obsessively to you, and other "Objectivists", because he is a follower who seeks-out leadership, or an inferior who seeks-out a superior. Humans have an innate need for Leadership. I link this to Aryanism/Aristocracy/Nobility. People seek-out higher authorities, intelligence, willpower, capability, etc. This is especially true in Philosophy, perhaps more so than any other art or specialization.

Æon wrote: blah blah blah

Okay, since I still do not have their "permission" to post in the agora, I can only challenge him to come here and, on this thread, explain to us what "Objective" and "Objectivism" is.

And he must really know because now they are Capital Letter words.

Only once again I'm going to insist that he take his own ponderous intellectual contraptions down out of the clouds and explore the accusations he "thumps" me with given a particular set of circumstances where he and I no doubt have accumulated very different philosophical components when grappling with conflicting value judgments.

Also, when it comes to obtuse intellectual jargon, he actually puts Satyr to shame. Really, how on earth can pedants of this sort not be embarrassed to spout this didactic gibberish in post after post after post.

To witless:

Æon wrote: To claim or premise "One Absolute Reality" would be the same as only using length as a measurement. You can only measure how long an object is. You cannot/should not measure depth, height. You cannot/should not measure weight. You should not measure pressure, stability, density, etc.

Again, if he won't come here, is there any ILP member who thinks he or she does understand how this might relate to, say, my own interest in human interactions given the points I raise in my signature threads.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:01 pm

satyr wrote:Chimpanzee says he wants to "bring it down to earth" - code for let's gossip like women about how "Jane" fucked "Joe" and got pregnant, and didn't want to keep the baby, because Jane is a slut...yadda, yadda yadda....but then you give the monkey a scenario and he refuses to go there; then you ask the primate to give you an example of what it means by "down to earth" and he gives you the spiel---" I was born form the belly of a two bit stupid slut....yadda yadda...

Here of course I manage only to reduce him down yet again to the sort of sub-mental gibberish I get from the Stooges.

Yo, obsrvr524, Sculptor and Wendy! Show him how it's done here.

He'll either grow a pair and discuss and debate me in the agora or come to this thread and examine the components of our respective moral and political philosophies sans the huffing and the puffing.

Right now, he stays snug and secure behind his soapbox at KT. There he can toss all the other chimps into the dungeon when they refuse to toe his own TOE line.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:07 am

iambiguous wrote:
satyr wrote:Chimpanzee says he wants to "bring it down to earth" - code for let's gossip like women about how "Jane" fucked "Joe" and got pregnant, and didn't want to keep the baby, because Jane is a slut...yadda, yadda yadda....but then you give the monkey a scenario and he refuses to go there; then you ask the primate to give you an example of what it means by "down to earth" and he gives you the spiel---" I was born form the belly of a two bit stupid slut....yadda yadda...

Here of course I manage only to reduce him down yet again to the sort of sub-mental gibberish I get from the Stooges.

He'll either grow a pair and discuss and debate me in the agora or come to this thread and examine the components of our respective moral and political philosophies sans the huffing and the puffing.

Right now, he stays snug and secure behind his soapbox at KT. There he can toss all the other chimps into the dungeon when they refuse to toe his own TOE line.

The KT dungeon has been re-established?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:21 am

it's always remains an open possibility, for whoever's crosses the river damned up with sticks .

Anyone caught there, can become the object of a rediculpus fishing expedition

Good luck !
Meno_
breathless

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:55 am

WendyDarling wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

The KT dungeon has been re-established?

Yes, it's still there. Just in a more covert fashion.

After all, to the best of my knowledge, I am still a member of the KT community. If you click on "users" there I am.

And if I go to the bottom of the page in the agora I get this: