Pedro's Corner

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Pedro's Corner

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:50 pm

And in keeping your opponent guessing. So's approach wasn't clear until his knights and a free pawn were inside of Magnus's butthole.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Magnus Carlsen is never out of his depth. But insofar as he ever is, it's in open games. He is a d4, closed game artist.

So used this to weave a web that ensnared the Magus before he could even say "but I just wanted an end game."
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:57 pm

So really is a class above the rest, with the exception of Magnus and possibly Nakamura. Maybe some day Artemiev, but not yet.

Alireza is a different kind of good, he is not an artist like those guys, but at 16 he already showed a strength of character that very few full grown men have, and is not allowed in his own country.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:17 pm

... nge5
ng5 - f6?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:55 pm

They drew game 3 and, I think because they didn't want to decide the outcome on a single game, they both essentially agreed to draw the last game.

Coupla gentlement.

this will be decided in blitz
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:59 pm

A drawn match is a deceitful result though, because out of 8 games only 2 were drawn.

And 2 wins were with black.

This was exceedingly violent.

This is like a boxing match where there is a knockdown on every round.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:03 pm

I think FIDE has its place, putting together tournaments and giving reliable ratings.

But the real money and the championship events should be head to head boxing style showdowns agreed to between players' management teams and independent promoters. And even strong players that are not the champion should organize bouts. I bet you everybody would see their bank accounts grow handsomely.

Suddenly people would know who the fuck Levon Aronian is.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:04 pm

Nepomniatchi wouldn't look so discouraged all the time.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:07 pm

FIDE could provide arbiters for the bouts, for example.

I think a little promotion hype would go a long way for these guys. You could probably sell it as an upscale event with wine and shit and sell tickets for 100's.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Not a fan of these Alec Bradley cigars. Tastes like beer a little. Like beer foam.

I need some La Aroma de Cubas. But they really destroy you with the taxes up here.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:33 pm

If you want to buy from the US, you need to pay your soul and a pint of blood in duties.

If anybody is down to buy a box for me and send them to me declared as, say, candles, I will pay them whichever is higher of $40 (CAD) or 20% of total cost in profit.

PM me if interested.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Holy Guacamole, Wesley So just won the strongest online tournament in history.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:42 pm

I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful rivalry.

So is the only player alive that can make Carlsen's gambits look like mistakes.

We have entered a new phase in chess histoire.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:45 pm

So saying that this isn't Magnus at his peak, because he is taking a lot of chances.

This is true. But that is a sign of respect, you don't face the big boss in the first go. Magnus is not the type that enjoys losing a major tournament.

This is only the beginning gents.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:On Technical Analysis in The Markets and The Walking Man

There are tradeable patterns in the buying and selling of financial instruments but, like evolution can only work by virtue of unpredictable accidents, they are only able to exist thanks to what is known as the walking man.

Opponents of the concept of what is known as technical trading, or trading based purely on the patterns that are formed by the price history of an instrument as it is shaped by buying and selling, oppose it on the basis of the walking man. The idea is that at any given time a price for an instrument, if only the price action is taken into account with no consideration for the value of the instrument, is just as liable to go up as it is to go down or stay the same. 50-50. Or 33.33^-33.33^-33.33^. I can't remember why they call it a walking man, I guess the man walks where he pleases and you can't predict where he is going or something.

Ostensibly, a technical analyst would counter that the walking man is a falsity, as there are definite predictable patterns in price action. Elliot Wave theorists go to some trouble to prove the essential geometrical nature of it.

But the truth, and what probably most technical analysts would agree with, is that the patterns only work and are tradeable because the walking man is true. If we were talking about mathematical patterns so exact that they can be called geometry, a computer would already exist that could predict every movement, and everybody would trade the computer's advice, and the whole concept would be negated. For every buy trade there needs to be someone selling, and vice-versa. There are patterns, and they can be traded. But they always form within the context of the walking man, of the price going any which way at any given time. Annoyingly, a bullish pattern can evolve into a bearish pattern seamlessly, that is to say, in a way so that when the bear trend sets there is no incongruity in the bear pattern. There can always be a wider pattern at work. Or you can predict a movement, but if it stops after or before a certain level, it will precipitate a trend in either direction. Nobody ever has access to all of the variables but, the point is, even if you did, the walking man would be there. Proof of this is that IBM doesn't have a supercomputer that trades with 100% accuracy. It's not a geometrical event that tends towards randomness, it's a random event that tends toward geometrical patterns. Like life, like reality. Most people have the unfortunate habit of thinking backwards.

But patterns do form, which makes sense. You always have the same agents, or types of agents, dealing with the same variables, or types of variables. These patterns formed in feudal Japan, and they form today, and they will keep forming as long as public trading of pieces of action of commerce exists. The same patterns formed before supercomputers started being employed for trading as they do now, when billions of dollars are invested in them. After all, prices simply reflect the conditions surrounding the commercial activity being traded. More often than not, it takes the form of a tug-of-war rather than a snake trail. Strength is shown on the buy side or on the sell side, and the extent to which this strength is shown moves the price. Some would prefer to buy, some would prefer to sell, but the majority will win. Since nobody wants to lose money and traders are careful, these movements will happen in tight patterns. You pull as much as you can to your side but, as soon as you realize you are overpowered, you let go of the rope. Or you let go a little bit, and then pull. Etc.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Also, if you need further proof that markets are just humans doing stuff and not precise mathematical equations, just look at what happens near round numbers on any chart for really anything.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:From Hitler's Speech to the Workers of Berlin (10 December 1940)

"We see that the primary cause for the existing tensions lies in the unfair distribution of the riches of the earth. And it is only natural that evolution follows the same rule in the larger framework as it does in the case of individuals. Just as the tension existing between rich and poor within a country must be compensated for either by reason or often if reason fails, by force, so in the life of a nation one cannot claim everything and leave nothing to others.... "

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Adolf_Hi ... ember_1940)

Just in case anybody got any ideas of forgetting.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby phoneutria » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:21 am

I'd send you some puritos with the prints
If i wanted to enable you to smoke
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:35 am

Enable me to love you more.

I don't know if it's possible.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:55 am

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 am

promethean75 wrote:in other words

"Fucking white people."
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:31 pm

20201124_131825.jpg
20201124_131825.jpg (52.13 KiB) Viewed 78 times

A book about the students of 1928 who rebelled against the then-dictator Gomez. It failed miserably and Gomez later died tranquilly in power of old age.

20201124_131830.jpg
20201124_131830.jpg (81.94 KiB) Viewed 78 times

A Nietzsche quote as preface.

20201124_132637.jpg
20201124_132637.jpg (65.49 KiB) Viewed 78 times

A list of the rebels who were sent to prison camps, with literal ball and chain and forced labour and the whole shebang, with my great grandfather's name highlighted.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:43 pm

(Translated from the translation, bear with me)

"It is impossible for me anymore to keep my opinions to myself, and there is more than one bird that escapes from me.

Because here is the truth: I have exited the house of the wise men and banged the door behind me.

They want to hear no one walking above their heads; that is why between their heads and me they put foliage, earth and trash.

Thus they silenced the sound of my steps; and so far it is the most learned who have heard me the least.

Keep yourself from the learned! They hate you because they are sterile. They have cold and dry eyes, before which every bird seems plucked.

My intelligence and my desire tend toward the strange, the lasting, and the far away; what would I care about your small, common and brief misery...?

And who, then, among us poets has not adulterated their wine...?

We know far too little and we learn all wrong; thus it is necessary that we lie.

And for the same reason of knowing little, we are driven to fall in love with the poor in spirit, specially when they are young girls.

Oh! There exist so many things between heaven and earth that only poets have dreamed!

And specially in heaven: because all the gods are symbols and artifices of the poet.

The truth is that we are always drawn towards the high, that is, towards the kingdom of the clouds; there we place our mannequins of a thousand colors and call them gods and supermen...

Thus spake Zarathustra".
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:20 am

Who is wiser, Vivaldi or Mozart?Vivaldi.

Bach or VivaldVivaldi.

Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Vivaldi encore, connards.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:31 pm

If I'm perfectly honest, if I have to choose between Arab, Turkish or Persian classical, I have to go with Persian.

Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox