Pedro's Corner

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Pedro's Corner

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You may not realize how much me and all serious music fans on this website appreciated your music. Not appreciate in this pansy modern sense.

Even though, you constantly spit on my own music.

I wear my falures on my chest and on my sleeves. I hide nothing. I just don't whine about it, incredibly people then don't seem to notice a weakness at all, a failure at all. How could they? Preoccupied as they are with wether they themselves seem like failures or not.

You play a mean fucking ukelele bro. Why do you yourself not see it? Is it fake humility? Or honest to god will to self-destruction?

Or perhaps the naive belief that there is so much better than you out there? This quickly disipates if you crash manly against the world. I sat with a dude in a room for 5 months making the honestest fucking music we could rip directly out of our own souls, and posted the raw feed on the internet.

O but you posted a song on vocaroo. How brave of you.

I don't share. I give or I take.

What is sharing to you if not the above!?
This is a good kind of sharing ~ of yourself with Mowk.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Yeah, well, you know... There's no absolutes in this life.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Longer then three lines. Making progress.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Addicts are extreme narcissists. We see one of our own, we think "this guy must be very important."
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:38 pm

You're welcome, sai.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Whenever you're off the sauce, we would be happy to hear some of your own thoughts.

Booze makes good blues maybe, but not very good thinking.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Verily do I stand corrected.

"Hello" as Holmes would exclaim.
Is your response based on human experience or on instant insight? :wink:
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:50 am

Yeah, like I been sayin, fuck it, sue the bastards.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ent-probe/
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:22 am

Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:26 am

Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:37 pm

John Williams notes that "students [are] preoccupied with fingerings and not notes, much less sounds"; some are able "to play [...] difficult solo works from memory", but "have a very poor sense of ensemble [playing] or timing". He notes that students play works from the solo repertoire that are often too difficult, so that the teachers often put more "emphasis [...] on getting through the notes rather than playing the real substance of each note". 

Can the same not be said of product development?
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:37 am

-----

Here’s a secret the Marxists won’t tell you: working feels good. Zizek of course makes fun of it, being a goddamn schoolteacher, by saying that weekends are just to remember how much you prefer to be working. From the way they tell it, you would think workers are hood-winked into draining their energy for the capitalist pig. But let’s look at our resident communist, promethean75. Have you ever seen a man that enjoys work more? Getting the job done right, exercising your full strength for an enterprise. Because make no mistake about it, this “money is just instead of tradesies” is bull. Promethean would not have specialized his skills and spend hour upon hour doing flooring and stairs and whatnot for people out of tradesies-ness. There is an extra, a will to generate wealth. Even if he won’t admit it, that is part of what makes work pleasurable. Not only because you get richer than tradesies would allow, but because you feel you are contributing more to humankind than a simple system of tradesies would allow. He enjoys working. So do I, real men enjoy working. There might be other things certain real men would have enjoyed more, but this says nothing about the quality and dignity of wage labour or labour in general. Even a shitty job is enjoyed.

“Ah!” but says Promethean, “you would get the same in a fascist or communist dictatorship, minus the pigs!” says he. Well, actually, no. Much less wealth is generated and even less of a percentage of it is given to workers. That’s not how the world works, man, don’t be stupid.

Let’s take some real life examples form promethean75’s life. His boss is a cheat and his coworkers lazy. Well, a “cheat.” See here’s the thing: there really are not, communism or no communism, capitalism or no capitalism, that many high-quality chaps out there. In a communist government that guy would simply be an even more useless bureaucrat. But in capitalism, he makes what he makes because people are willing to pay a guy, not only to do a job for them, but so that they don’t have to think about it. Part of the price is and always will be that it won’t be as nice as if you thought it up yourself, because, dude, that would be expensive for a doofus like that guy. He’s not that smart, what do you want? He can do what he does good enough to make what he makes. Good on him. Promethean says: I don’t do his leaching functions because I move around, stay loose, blablabla. Precisely because the boss is willing to forego certain freedom, invests a certain portion of his actual life into the business, he gets out of it the capacity for infrastructure that a regular worker does not have.

However, what promethean doesn’t realize, with his silly pride, is that precisely his skill and attention for detail and bona fide work ethic is what gets people ahead in capitalism. Most people are like his lazy co-workers, that’s the truth. And if you think capitalism does not value that, you are mistaken. If you think the reason people generally, like your coworkers and boss, lack quality is the naturally occurring phenomenon of capitalism, you are impossibly naive. Capitalism is precisely what lets the quality float to the top, in terms of wealth production, and the rest lay out towards the bottom in increasing density of useless. That is, if they dare to leverage it.

-----

I decided to bump this. It didn't deserve to be buried so early on.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:00 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:agh, 21 has a sick song with swagger. can't find it

Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:20 pm

If you can ever find the French Caribbean trap....
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:22 pm

I tried a bit the other day, and left it at the joy of finding that weird regueton rap I didn't had known was there.

But every passing day makes it harder to find. I'm almost at the point of letting it pass until I see it again.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:26 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Wow.

Didn't know this existed.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:51 pm

dfgba.png
dfgba.png (5.04 KiB) Viewed 830 times

I'm tempted never to play a rated game again.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 pm

On the docket:

Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:11 pm

If there is to me any person what Schopenhauer was to Nietzsche, I guess it is David Mamet.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Please stop posting the nengo song man. Evertime I listen to that beginning part it reminds me of the guy on the spanish channel and the hair raises on the back of my neck.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:32 pm

I laughed so hard, something died in me.

Oh well.

Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 pm

That's him! That's the guy right there. Get him!!
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 pm

We know that's what you all think.

The secret is: we don't care.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:12 pm

No no, enough. enough of this you all.

You got it, and that is what matters.