Pedro's Corner

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Pedro's Corner

Postby MagsJ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:33 pm

promethean75 wrote:Wait what? You can bleed a guy in your country and only get five years?

Shit I'm in the wrong country. Make no mistake tho, amnerika is prolly even screwyer. I know murders who got less time than me.

I would hazard a guess that Shield meant the threat of the act, and not the act of committing the crime itself.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:30 am

MagsJ
wrote:
I would hazard a guess that Shield meant the threat of the act, and not the act of committing the crime itself.

Correct.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:55 am

Anybody remember when WW3_Angry threatened to shoot Joker in the head, and when confronted, kept repeating he is serious?

And Carleas looked the other way? And then most members on this forum looked the other way?

I remember.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:06 am

5 years for simply threatening someone? Dayum. Tell me, what percentage of the prisons in your area are privately owned?

See what happens is, they need to fill those prisons so they can start making money, so they lobby legislators to create bullshit laws with very severe sentences.

The state owned prisons, on the other hand, get federal grants and shit to pay for housing their criminals, and then skim off the top.

The criminal justice system is an incredibly lucrative industry ya know, especially since capita...

Oh nevermind.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:19 am

Urwrong But I Won't Shoot You In The Head wrote:Anybody remember when WW3_Angry threatened to shoot Joker in the head, and when confronted, kept repeating he is serious?

And Carleas looked the other way? And then most members on this forum looked the other way?

I remember.

Well, it's not like he stalked him.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:42 am

promethean75 wrote:
5 years for simply threatening someone? Dayum. Tell me, what percentage of the prisons in your area are privately owned?
It’s one of those macabre facts that is instinctually met with shock and disbelief: that prisons in this country can be run for profit.

Interesting question had to research that.

"The idea that there is an industry built around such a source of misery is just that.

Proportionally speaking, Australia has the most inmates in for-profit prisons in the world.

They are marketed as better alternatives to government-run facilities: cheaper, safer and less likely to see recidivism.

But do those claims stack up?

Private prisons have a long history, stretching back hundreds of years, if not more. But the modern version has its roots in 1980s USA.

Reagan’s so-called war on drugs, with its mandatory minimum sentences and emboldened police force, saw an explosion in the prison population. With the carceral system overrun, private companies stepped in, and a multi-billion dollar industry was born.

Australia opened its first private prison in January 1990, the Borallon Correctional Centre in Queensland. It was operated by the Australian arm of a US company, Corrections Corporation of America.

More than 8,000 prisoners out of a total 43,000, roughly 20 per cent, reside in for-profit institutions.

While the US has a far higher number of “private prisoners”, Australia has the most per capita in the world".

and with Co-vid there is a huge backlog of prisoners' cases to be heard in court, as a consequence bail is being offered to some who normally would remain 'inside'.

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:43 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:[b]Mr Reasonable[/b] wrote:
"a recording of me threatening to cut a guy's stomach open."

This offence has a maximum penalty of level 6 imprisonment (5 years) in my country.

Were you imprisoned?

no im white lol we can do shit like that. it happened in alabama. i was charged with unlawful imprisonment and unlawful use of a chemical spray, both felonies, but the grand jury failed to indict on one charge and the prosecutor then dropped the other one.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:44 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:In America, you can run down dozens of women and children in a car, get a slap on the wrist, and the leftists will applaud you, while the rightists grovel and cry on the ground cowering like pathetic bitches.

You'll be a hero.

it's so weird how you want to make that case about your culture war thing that you're stuck on. also the dude just got charged i mean how do you even know he's getting a slap on the wrist? he will most certainly go to prison for a long time.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:45 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Anybody remember when WW3_Angry threatened to shoot Joker in the head, and when confronted, kept repeating he is serious?

I remember.

i remember you misconstruing his words and acting like a little bitch about it

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 am

promethean75 wrote:"a recording of me threatening to cut a guy's stomach open."

Dang smears, I didn't know you go hard like that.

he stole some guns from me so i was taking them back. in real life over the years ive done some pretty funny shit this isn't even the tip of the iceberg

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:i remember you misconstruing his words and acting like a little bitch about it

You're just gaslighting him because he reminded you of your own past, of threatening to gut somebody like a pig.

That's your real motivation. Your defense of him in essence is your own self-defense.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:34 pm

are you fucking high right now? the guy i was threatening had just stolen a bunch of guns from me. if we wasn't afraid i would kill him, then he might have shot me. im not about to get shot by some asshole who breaks into houses. certainly not with my own fucking guns.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:59 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
no im white lol we can do shit like that. it happened in alabama.

:o I always thought you were African-American!

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:20 am

lol!
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:29 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:

lol!

Why are you laughing?

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:41 am

Because dats racist! Shieldmaiden, lol, you turkey.

smears is Alabama's finest, straight out of Cyprus Hill
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:54 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote

Because dats racist! Shieldmaiden, lol, you turkey.

So it is racist because I thought he was African American but it is not racist when he made the point he was white?

and not being an American, black or white, (if I may use the term without prejudice) please translate the sentence below,

smears is Alabama's finest, straight out of Cyprus Hill

is there something special about these places?

You Yanks cant see beyond the stars and the stripes, LOL (my turn to laugh)

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:22 am

Cyprus is south of Turkey and West of Lebanon, where smears is really from. It's obvious in everything he writes.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:31 am

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:32 am

and......

smears is Alabama's finest,
?

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:34 am

I'm being facetious. If I want to discuss how macro-economics affects the price of crack rocks and prostitutes, I'll acknowledge smears as an expert witness.

Philosophy? Not so much.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:22 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Mr Reasonable wrote:
no im white lol we can do shit like that. it happened in alabama.

:o I always thought you were African-American!

im a white guy from alabama

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:23 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Cyprus is south of Turkey and West of Lebanon, where smears is really from. It's obvious in everything he writes.

look at how crazy you are

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:24 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:I'm being facetious. If I want to discuss how macro-economics affects the price of crack rocks and prostitutes, I'll acknowledge smears as an expert witness.

Philosophy? Not so much.

for the record im one of like 7 people in all of the history of posting on ilp who actually has a philosophy degree. i dont even think its 7. i just didnt want to count anyone out in case im wrong.
Last edited by Mr Reasonable on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:26 am

ok pedro, this song has kind of a communist feel to it a little bit but the dude can also sing like a real bad ass. the racially ambiguous guitarist is also pretty effing good.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox