Can sports think?

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Can sports think?

Postby shellytrokan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Can they, via dimension?
shellytrokan

Re: Can sports think?

Postby Kriswest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm

What drugs do you ingest?
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Kriswest wrote:What drugs do you ingest?

:lol:

:D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby phyllo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Which sums up the ILP response to things like this.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:28 pm

shellytrokan wrote:Can they, via dimension?

Dimension? what dimension? Would this be the only avenue they could think through?

I played many sports at school, and I don't think they thought.. of anything, so no.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby shellytrokan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:29 pm

MagsJ wrote:
shellytrokan wrote:Can they, via dimension?

Dimension? what dimension? Would this be the only avenue they could think through?

I played many sports at school, and I don't think they thought.. of anything, so no.

I ask from the perspective that sport as an aspect of reality can be conflated with anything else.
shellytrokan

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:32 pm

phyllo wrote:Which sums up the ILP response to things like this.

Just saw your post.. after posting my last one. Kris' post, and in fact many posts, can make one laugh, or think, or both, and Shelly's threads certainly do both.

MagsJ

Postby phyllo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:39 pm

Then everything is good.

Which again sums up ILP.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:42 pm

shellytrokan wrote:I ask from the perspective that sport as an aspect of reality can be conflated with anything else.

This conjured up the phrase 'the game has taken on a life of its own' but it is merely a puppet.. to our puppeteer, and once we disperse it is gone. We can better the game, but it cannot better itself.. or anything.

MagsJ

Postby Kriswest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Phyllo, mind expanding drugs have influenced philosophy more then we want to admit. Some of the folks we think of as great, smoked, swallowed , drank their way into inspiration. Ever do mind expanders? I did when I was young , 3 times. Each drug was great so i knew I could never do it again. My family has addicts on both sides. I love people that have done expanders for awhile. I am familiar with the thought processes of those that are high and those that are new to it, those that are used to it etc. If you look at my question I put it as respectfully as possible.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Any nonsense is okay on this site. Crap. Wisdom. It's all the same here.

Yeah, I got a problem with that.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:12 pm

How is what I said so distasteful? I gave you valid reason, I was respectful. Just why do you find issue?
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Everything is okay. Everything is good.

You need not care what I think.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:28 pm

You sure know how to choose your moments, don't you Phyllo :|

What's up man.. talk to me.

MagsJ

Postby phyllo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Carry on, ILP. Everything is acceptable. Everything is valuable. Everything is equal. What more do you want?
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:23 am

How is it possible for everything to be equal, valuable or acceptable?
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:43 am

Promote whatever idiocy you want at ILP. Who cares?
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:00 am

Do you have any idea how many ideas , thoughts, inventions, etc , were considered idiocy, heresy, etc. that are now thought of as a positive? A true student studies , questions and dissects, not dismiss out of hand. The OP sounds idiotic or drug induced, or something beyond.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:03 am

Don't dismiss anything. It might be genius.
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:06 am

phyllo wrote:Don't dismiss anything. It might be genius.

No , but, a bottle in the garbage may be worth 10cents
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:16 am

Look up shellytrokan's posts. Is there even one that makes sense?
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:53 am

That was the reason for my question
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby phyllo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:18 pm

This place has gone in a particular direction, either because of neglect or by design.

It is what it is. :banana-dance:
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Amorphos » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Can sports think? Well if we think there is something else happening, I mean other than just the sport, that it means something, then perhaps yes. The only other instance of 'something else' being part of the world whilst equally being untraceable, is us! ...and we are that which thinks.

- doesn't need 'dimension' for that though. not unless we classify thought as a kind of dimension? :o

On a similar theme; is there a thinking narrator?
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Postby shellytrokan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Amorphos wrote:Can sports think? Well if we think there is something else happening, I mean other than just the sport, that it means something, then perhaps yes. The only other instance of 'something else' being part of the world whilst equally being untraceable, is us! ...and we are that which thinks.

- doesn't need 'dimension' for that though. not unless we classify thought as a kind of dimension? :o

On a similar theme; is there a thinking narrator?

I think the idea makes sense from the point of view that the universe couldn't exist without sport, and therefore sport should have the same identity of humanity.
shellytrokan

Next

Return to The Sandbox