Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Costard » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:26 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
Funny.. I find Satyr’s posts amusingly hilariously funny.

Then you should find his latest posts very amusing. The insanity deepens over at KTS, with conspiracy theories and America-blaming reaching a fever pitch. Apparently, America blew up the Nord Stream pipelines because it is an empire in decline, whilst Russia is an empire on the rise. No economic data - or evidence of any kind - is presented to support this, apart from the usual anonymous Twitter accounts (most of the time links posted on KTS only point back to threads on KTS, a sure sign of how cults operate, cutting off members from outside influence, limiting stimulus to specific, repeated messages... brainwashing). Also, the rigged referendums in Ukraine are somehow comparable to the conspiracy theory that Biden stole the election from Trump... would anyone even bother to try and refute that level of idiocy? Not to mention that the US would be the real beneficiary of nuclear war... when American cities are nuclear wastelands, when service and manufacturing industries completely decimated and lawless tribes rule, America will be... benefiting. The crazies are out in full force.

Satyr wrote:Aren't we all tempted to accept a theory, no matter how absurd, if it flatters and comfort us?

:character-spongebobdance:

Never try to tame a mad goat, it'll buck and twist, throwing you to the floor. It's too far gone. Best to leave it tied up outside, bleating loudly into the darkness, foaming at the mouth, until you do the humane thing and call in pest control... put the poor thing out of its misery.
Last edited by Costard on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costard

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:44 pm

Careful who you label a lost cause. Has a way of boomerangin’ ya upside the head.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Science: https://youtu.be/90sWAKwZHHE

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Sculptor » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Costard wrote:. The insanity deepens over at KTS, with conspiracy theories and America-blaming reaching a fever pitch. Apparently, America blew up the Nord Stream pipelines because it is an empire in decline, whilst Russia is an empire on the rise. No economic data - or evidence of any kind - is presented to support this, apart from the usual anonymous Twitter accounts (most of the time links posted on KTS only point back to threads on KTS, a sure sign of how cults operate,.

The culprit is unknown, including a possible natural fault, it could be either US or Russia.

If it is Russia then you have to ask why did it not just switch off the pipeline rather than waste millions of litres of gas. Turn it off like it has done for the German pipeline?

If it is the US then you have to ask who is going to benefit?

Cui Bono? Is often a good way to start a question.
It's hard to see where Russia is going to benefit from the end of gas sales. And destroying its own line would seem rather silly when they could just as easily turn a valve at their end.

On the other hand US arms sales are having a fucking bonanza and they are very interested to have the conflict grow and intensify, whilst the US tax payer bankroles the spending.

The idea of ascendant or declining "empires" is childish, however.

What "evidence" would convince you?

Maybe the fact that BIden "promised" to do just that in 7th February this year.?
Last edited by Sculptor on Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:37 pm

_
@Costard.. I have/keep an open mind, especially when it comes to politics and global affairs.

One would think you thought that the world was devoid of all corruption.. the world was built on it, dear.. and I don’t attack Others’ character, but their argument.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Costard » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:02 pm

MagsJ wrote:_One would think you thought that the world was devoid of all corruption..

Where did I suggest that? Any idea? Are you so afraid of offending others?

Do you think that because someone is deluded about one thing, they cannot be correct about another? Like one's understanding of economics may be wide of the mark, but their psychological assessment of another's character may be spot on... or not, as the case may be.
Costard

Postby Costard » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Sculptor wrote:Maybe the fact that BIden "promised" to do just that in 7th February this year.?

If you think that Biden was promising to blow up the pipelines in that speech I don't know what to say. Given the context, that he was with the German chancellor, and they both affirmed a very close partnership, promising to close it off, why would such action be necessary? Now the Germans have already refused certification for Nord Stream 2 and reduced their dependency on Russian gas to zero. It's absurd to suggest he was even thinking it.

Are you suggesting he doesn't trust the Germans, or perhaps, the Germans made it clear to the Americans that they can't trust themselves? Yes, maybe they asked the Americans to destroy it, just in case. Vot if we are overtaken by zee dezire Herr Biden to help ourzelvez to some Russian gaz, you know, on ze cheap? How vill vee stop ourzelves?
Costard

Postby Sculptor » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 pm

Costard wrote:
Sculptor wrote:Maybe the fact that BIden "promised" to do just that in 7th February this year.?

If you think that Biden was promising to blow up the pipelines in that speech I don't know what to say. Given the context, that he was with the German chancellor, and they both affirmed a very close partnership, promising to close it off, why would such action be necessary? Now the Germans have already refused certification for Nord Stream 2 and reduced their dependency on Russian gas to zero. It's absurd to suggest he was even thinking it.

You need to pay more attention.
He was not just thinking it he actually said it, in words, in a press conference.

Are you suggesting he doesn't trust the Germans, or perhaps, the Germans made it clear to the Americans that they can't trust themselves? Yes, maybe they asked the Americans to destroy it, just in case. Vot if we are overtaken by zee dezire Herr Biden to help ourzelvez to some Russian gaz, you know, on ze cheap? How vill vee stop ourzelves?

Biden is at the top of a very big interest group with a major interest in perpetuating the war. Have you never heard of the military/industrial complex?
Germany has fuck all to do with it.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:50 pm

Costard wrote:

You need to pay more attention.
He was not just thinking it he actually said it, in words, in a press conference.

Biden is at the top of a very big interest group with a major interest in perpetuating the war. Have you never heard of the military/industrial complex?
Germany has fuck all to do with it.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Costard » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:30 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:he's just getting old. his testosterone is waning and he doesn't have any fight left in him.

I don't know what you and iambiguous did to piss him off so much but his ranting over there is a sight to behold.
Costard

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:49 pm

i don't either man i'm just out here living my life i'm not sure what his damage is
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:09 pm

Costard wrote:
MagsJ wrote:One would think you thought that the world was devoid of all corruption..

Where did I suggest that? Any idea? Are you so afraid of offending others?

Your correction to my speculation, has been noted.. for that is what it was.

Not so much afraid of offending others, as being conscientious towards others.. though I do offend, on occasion. ; )

Do you think that because someone is deluded about one thing, they cannot be correct about another? Like one's understanding of economics may be wide of the mark, but their psychological assessment of another's character may be spot on... or not, as the case may be.

Sure.. economics/politics has too many hidden and ever-changing factors to ever be correct on.. even unto itself.

Talking of character.. last night, I said to an acquaintance that a lady whom he said was beautiful had a touch of ‘Arab’ about her.. he ranted about not wanting to play that game.. I was left stunned, after having said something that I thought was innocent and trite, but of which he took great umbrage with. And as he got up to leave, he asked “You do think she’s beautiful right”, and he said “Good” to my affirmative.

It seems that he thought that I was being unkind.. with my passing observation on her look, and then realised that I wasn’t. Who would think like that? oh yea, He.

Earlier, one of his friends [a head-hunter] said he had a job that matched my skill-set.. I weren’t buying it. He seemed like a professional predator, who played on womens’ emotions to achieve a goal.. and as I’ve said on here many times before, I am very averse to that. I don’t think he liked me after I’d [kinda subtlety] finished with him. 8-[
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby iambiguous » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:22 pm

This is what I have now driven Satyr to!!!!!

I used to spend hours debating these degenerates back when I was young.
Huge texts, full of reasoning, evidence, logic, and all I accomplished was to trigger them to attack me ad hominem, allowing me to reciprocate - the they went running to the admin, who was usually one of them, to complain - then i was banned.
These "debates" were on a variety of subject but mostly, back, then, they were about god - in the Abrahamic sense.

I quickly realized I was not getting through these imbeciles, but I continued, because there were silent readers which I wanted to reach, before their minds turned to mush.
Now?
Now I don't even give a shit about these theoretical silent readers.
Collapse is inevitable. Trying to talk sense to these desperate degenerates is futile, and their numbers are increasing - because collapse means exactly that.

Futile to take them seriously. they are emotional creatures, governed by hedonism and a desire to find "happiness' before they die.
There's no hope in talking sense with that.
I repeat the same shit, and still nothing gets through.
It's amazing to me.
I say the same things, using different words, approaching the same issue form different perspectives...and still, nothing gets through.

How could it, their objective is not clarity, or seeing the real, but coping, and finding comfort and happiness, and pleasure before their lives end.
Then there's the genetic factor. Generations born of unfit parents, and grandparents, compounding a ll sorts of unfit genes, until I am faced with a mutant that is incapable of any level of logic or reason I can debate with.
This is also part of systemic collapse and the inevitable end of an empire - an empire fo leis, nonetheless, which makes it even worse.

Can I stop this?
I am no god.
I can only hope to find a few who get it. Te rest are collateral damage.
They should remain oblivious and suicidal; they should remain their own worst enemy.
What can I ever hope to do about it? How can I chisel through all that thickness, made hard over generations of soft living?
This is also part of the process of Kali Yuga.
What can one man do against such cosmic forces?
I no longer waste my time....it's the most precious thing I have.
These degenerates should remain exactly as they are.
It's part of the process.

He's starting to actually "crack up" on us!!!! :shock:

Unless, of course, I'm wrong. 8)

Typical.

After noting his "crack up" here, he starts in on what I call his "sputtering" act there. He's really agitated at me. He posts a harangue. But then a few minutes later he's still really agitated. He posts another harangue. And then another. It can sometimes go on and on and on until he finally gets it all out of his fulminating fanatic system.

:angry-screaming:

This time.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:30 pm

_
..it’s human song not animal song, Satyr, that is at question in being the oldest song known to (hu)man.

Though bird sing is most-welcome.. unless One is still trying to sleep, then.. not so much. #-o

https://knowthyself.forumotion.net/t303 ... known-song

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:19 pm

KTS is being outsourced?
Ha!!!

What approaches the truth cannot be easily ignored, nor denied.
The consequences of intentionally or not, ignoring it are too grave to dismiss.

Degenerate is both a moral and a collective assessment, relative to group survival and propagation; decenary is what contradicts evolved processes.
Desperation is the root of the effect.
Causality.
Cause - desperation; effect - degeneracy.

The effect is not innocuous.
Nitwits cannot see patterns unless these patterns become so obvious that their retardation cannot ignore them - usually they take notice.
Degeneracy determines extinction.
But it is, sometimes, gradual...so imbeciles tend to dismiss it as irrelevant...or a conspiracy....or non-existent.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Lorikeet wrote:KTS is being outsourced?
Ha!!!

Or.. imitation, being the sincerest form of [non] flattery: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 2#p2887403

I wouldn’t have posted about it, otherwise..

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:36 pm

Why so careful to cover your steps....leading back to your secret garden, reserved for the worthy few?

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:11 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Why so careful to cover your steps....leading back to your secret garden, reserved for the worthy few?

You tell me? ..you’re the one that keeps asking.

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:21 pm

Oh dear...this method will not suffice with me.
i report what I see.

Want me to tell you what I see?
You can dismiss it as my perspective....

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:37 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Oh dear...this method will not suffice with me.
i report what I see.

Yes!

You can dismiss it as my perspective....

I won’t.

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:47 pm

MagsJ wrote:
i report what I see.

Yes!
No, you don't.
Not all of it.
MagsJ wrote:I won’t.
You can't

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:54 pm

Lorikeet wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
i report what I see.

Yes!
No, you don't.
Not all of it.

All of it!

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:05 pm

Not publicly.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:10 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Not publicly.

Ok..

..in your own time, so no rush.. so as and when.

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Shall we start with precreation, and how you are incapable or unwilling to offer the costs for such a benefit?

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:31 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Shall we start with precreation, and how you are incapable or unwilling to offer the costs for such a benefit?

Procreation?

..the benefit being, offspring? security? companionship? Go for it!

MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox