Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby MagsJ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:43 pm

iambiguous wrote:
MagsJ wrote:You know me: whatever works. :wink:

No, I don’t know..

I’m spectating.. I have zero ‘vested interest’ in the exchanges, save for the odd commentary that peaks my [amused] interest.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:19 pm

_
Satyr wrote: - see Marj running for cover in recipes and daily routines...revealing what can be denied...as overthinking and projection....

..or perhaps I’ve been posting elsewhere and just pay ILP a flying visit. :-s

..recipes and daily routines, yea.. coz I’m trying to get my sh*t together -more important than arguing in a thread that really has little to do with me.. except for my notion of an ‘intrinsic self’ grounded in ‘dasein’ based in real-time. No lag.

Why-ever would/should I be running for cover? Both Iam and Gib didn’t reply to my last posts to them, and I am not one to court attention, in asking for a reply. Timocracy.

What is denial.. or the root of it, anyway?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby iambiguous » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:34 pm

MagsJ wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
MagsJ wrote:You know me: whatever works. :wink:

No, I don’t know..

I’m spectating.. I have zero ‘vested interest’ in the exchanges, save for the odd commentary that peaks my [amused] interest.

Okay, that works for me. After all, what can I possibly know -- really know -- about being either you or him?

Just out of curiosity though, how close to or far away from him were you "back in the day"? I mean in regard to his genes > memes mentality pertaining to skin color and ethnicity and gender and sexual orientation.

Did he ever attempt to "seduce" you as he seems to be doing with Maia?

Or did with Lyssa? If Lyssa was not merely a "user" that he invented.

All I know for sure about him is that in regard to those able to actually confront his "general description intellectual contraptions" with some measure of sophistication, he bans them from the discussions. He'll always be Mr. Chickenshit to me.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:06 pm

iambiguous wrote:Just out of curiosity though, how close to or far away from him were you "back in the day"? I mean in regard to his genes > memes mentality pertaining to skin color and ethnicity and gender and sexual orientation.

Perhaps you should have asked me way back then.. when it was all going down and kicking off. A bit late now, no.

You seem to always want to pit me against He and make us enemies.. good luck wit that.

All I know for sure about him is that in regard to those able to actually confront his "general description intellectual contraptions" with some measure of sophistication, he bans them from the discussions. He'll always be Mr. Chickenshit to me.

Why do you want to know? Nobody here has cared about my interactions.. until now!?

This isn’t an 'ask me anything' skit.. I didn’t say you could “ask me anything”.

Who you are is very evident. Wanna keep playing?

MagsJ

Postby iambiguous » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:48 am

MagsJ wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Just out of curiosity though, how close to or far away from him were you "back in the day"? I mean in regard to his genes > memes mentality pertaining to skin color and ethnicity and gender and sexual orientation.

Perhaps you should have asked me way back then.. when it was all going down and kicking off. A bit late now, no.

You seem to always want to pit me against He and make us enemies.. good luck wit that.

Well, I really wasn't around back then when it kicked off. Back when Mr. Chickenshit was posting regularly at ILP and then getting banned. Back in the ILP/Know Thyself war years. Back when any number of ILP members were also popping up at Know Thyself.

And given his extremist -- what some might call reactionary -- views on race and gender and Jews and religion and sexual preferences, of course I'm curious why others might be drawn to him.

MagsJ wrote: Why do you want to know? Nobody here has cared about my interactions.. until now!?

This isn’t an 'ask me anything' skit.. I didn’t say you could “ask me anything”.

Huh?

Over at PN the "post a picture of yourself" thread has been exploding of late. You and I contributing to it as well:

MagsJ wrote:Is voyeurism.. your new thing? lol

Isn't it for all men?

MagsJ wrote:...and women?

Sure, some women. But who here doubts which gender is more preoccupied with the Love Boat. Or, perhaps, the Lust Boat? Being philosophers doesn't change that. And most members here are men. They come to a thread like this and, again, some pictures attract them more than others. Yeah, it can work the other way around but just go back to ILP and note how often it doesn't.

But again my reaction is entirely personal. And I'm the first to admit that at times I scarcely understand myself why I react to things like this as I do.The complexities that others might see in me pales next to the complexities I have to actually live with myself.

But, sure, it's interesting -- fun? -- to follow threads of this sort. Pictures are posted and some of them attract more attention than others. Then the part where it does seem to gravitate over to the Love Boat.

MagsJ wrote:..it’s entertaining.. sure, but it is normal for others to comment on and/or admire the image of another, no? ..as long as it doesn’t border on stalkerism, I guess.

Definitely. Think Maia and Urwrong.

But this is the internet. And when you do things like post a picture of yourself "online" in a "public forum" there can be "unintended consequences". I would never do it myself.

Why should references to Know Thyself be any different?

Still, if you don't want me asking questions of that sort, no problem. I'll get my "entertainment" elsewhere.

MagsJ wrote: Who you are is very evident. Wanna keep playing?

Right. I flat out admit that I can't really know anything "deep down" about you because I'm not you. I haven't led your life, had your experiences, known the people you have known, consumed the same information and knowledge that you have.

But not the other way around?

Who I am is very evident to you? You actually believe that?!!!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

, Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:49 am

Since he’s still being discussed, and no one asked me… I clicked that link the other day, and in three sentences began to wonder… why anyone discusses Satyr (or the role he is playing).

If I interact with one of his usernames, I tell him in a reply what I have to say.

Y’all are like a sewing circle. You must super miss that garbage role he plays. He has other more interesting ones you could feed your attention into, so… it’s like you’re responsible for the thing you’re complaining about.

And with that.. have a nice passive aggressive gossip fest.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:06 pm

_
The [trolling passive-aggressive] pot calling the kettle, black ^^^

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:20 pm

iambiguous wrote:Well, I really wasn't around back then when it kicked off. Back when Mr. Chickenshit was posting regularly at ILP and then getting banned. Back in the ILP/Know Thyself war years. Back when any number of ILP members were also popping up at Know Thyself.

And given his extremist -- what some might call reactionary -- views on race and gender and Jews and religion and sexual preferences, of course I'm curious why others might be drawn to him.

Am I drawn to him?

iambiguous wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Did he ever attempt to "seduce" you as he seems to be doing with Maia?

MagsJ wrote: Why do you want to know? Nobody here has cared about my interactions.. until now!?

Huh?

Over at PN the "post a picture of yourself" thread has been exploding of late. You and I contributing to it as well:

iambiguous wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Is voyeurism.. your new thing? lol
iambiguous wrote:Isn't it for all men?
MagsJ wrote:...and women?

Sure, some women. But who here doubts which gender is more preoccupied with the Love Boat. Or, perhaps, the Lust Boat? Being philosophers doesn't change that. And most members here are men. They come to a thread like this and, again, some pictures attract them more than others. Yeah, it can work the other way around but just go back to ILP and note how often it doesn't.

But again my reaction is entirely personal. And I'm the first to admit that at times I scarcely understand myself why I react to things like this as I do.The complexities that others might see in me pales next to the complexities I have to actually live with myself.

iambiguous wrote:But, sure, it's interesting -- fun? -- to follow threads of this sort. Pictures are posted and some of them attract more attention than others. Then the part where it does seem to gravitate over to the Love Boat.
MagsJ wrote:..it’s entertaining.. sure, but it is normal for others to comment on and/or admire the image of another, no? ..as long as it doesn’t border on stalkerism, I guess.

Definitely. Think Maia and Urwrong.

But this is the internet. And when you do things like post a picture of yourself "online" in a "public forum" there can be "unintended consequences". I would never do it myself.

..according to Satyr, you’re not complex at all.

The Maia/urwrong debacle, to me, was the weirdest/strangest way for a person to go about trying to seduce someone.

This seems to be more of an issue for you than it is for me.. people post photos now and again and others admire them.. so what!?

iambiguous wrote:Why should references to Know Thyself be any different?

Still, if you don't want me asking questions of that sort, no problem. I'll get my "entertainment" elsewhere.

Right. I flat out admit that I can't really know anything "deep down" about you because I'm not you. I haven't led your life, had your experiences, known the people you have known, consumed the same information and knowledge that you have.

Female Intuition, is maybe how..

I wouldn’t call Satyr’s exchanges with Maia seduction either.. or maybe it’s just not my interpretation of what I perceive seduction to be. It would be quite a weak attempt, if it was.

The conversation with you is fine.. just don’t ask me about Satyr, is all.. we’re trying to stay in each other’s good books.

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
The [trolling passive-aggressive] pot calling the kettle, black ^^^

Are you acknowledging that your kettle is a similar color to what you are responding to? We’re twinsies!
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:31 am

MagsJ wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Well, I really wasn't around back then when it kicked off. Back when Mr. Chickenshit was posting regularly at ILP and then getting banned. Back in the ILP/Know Thyself war years. Back when any number of ILP members were also popping up at Know Thyself.

Am I drawn to him?

I don't know. You'd have to convey to me how you react to him. The ideas you share with him, the ideas you reject.

In any event, my interest revolves far more around how we come to acquire our beliefs in the is/ought world, rather than in what it is that we do believe. Dasein/objectivism.

MagsJ wrote: ...according to Satyr, you’re not complex at all.

Well, I guess that settles that then.

MagsJ wrote: The Maia/urwrong debacle, to me, was the weirdest/strangest way for a person to go about trying to seduce someone.

True, I'm not privy to how their debacle actually unfolded. Only that she felt concerned enough to contact management here.

MagsJ wrote: This seems to be more of an issue for you than it is for me.. people post photos now and again and others admire them.. so what!?

Well, I've sustained a rather voluminous exchange with her here. Also an email exchange off and on.

So what? Again, that depends on how far some men will go in "admiring them". I just don't think it is wise to post pictures of yourself online. I would never post one of myself because over the years, as some might imagine, I've had particularly fierce fulminating fanatic pinheads actually threaten me...threaten to track me down etc.

MagsJ wrote: Female Intuition, is maybe how..

Okay, if you say so. That "intrinsic self" that allows you to "just know" some things?

MagsJ wrote: I wouldn’t call Satyr’s exchanges with Maia seduction either.. or maybe it’s just not my interpretation of what I perceive seduction to be. It would be quite a weak attempt, if it was.

Just go to the pagan religion thread: https://knowthyself.forumotion.net/t237 ... n-religion

Nothing since February. Then out of the blue, Mr. Chickenshit starts it up again. And unlike the contempt he shows for religion Paganism seems to get glowing reviews.

Why now? Because Maia started posting again on gib's thread.

But, sure, that's just sheer conjecture on my part. My own rendition of a "gut feeling".

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:31 am

_
Thanks for the reply..

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:24 pm

_
Satyr wrote: “Narcissists cause drama, centered around them.
With no qualities to attract, they manufacture interest directed their way.”

That’s exactly what occurs here.. they are extroverts, so more anti-philosophy than the rest.. and it shows.
Having no qualities, is to be ‘without attributes’ so evident, here.

The only attribute I see -is a failed one- at attempting to be a master-manipulator.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:38 pm

_
Watching da cray.. unfold [ https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 6&t=198135 ]

..or will it.

MagsJ

Postby Costard » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:18 pm

As a disabled Jew with mental health issues should I consider opening an account with KTS?

I'm looking for somewhere to store my gold and I hear the security's quite good over there although access could be withdrawn at any moment, apparently, as the managers a bit cantankerous.
Costard

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:52 am

satyr is what happens when an incel poet gets an F in poetry class from a lesbian professor
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Costard » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:32 pm

'Female psychological violence' certainly seems to have played a role in determining who he is.
Costard

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:56 am

or his mom was just super mean to him. maybe she pinched his wang in the toilet seat when she was potty training him. serious question...do you think he wets the bed? if not now, do you think he wet the bed like into his 20s? like how tf does someone become such a massive ball of dysfunctional coping mechanisms? so much emotion just squirting out from everywhere
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:58 am

there's a bunch of people like him now. maybe they've just become more vocal or have been able to access more platforms so they can be seen publicly. like a whole movement of them. all so mad and so victimized. he was a pioneer of that shit. i bet he's someplace right now like mad as hell over pronouns or black mermaids or something.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:26 pm

From the Strange Files...

Over at KT, Mr. Bump AKA Mr. Chickenshit, has gone on a tear resurrecting the Har Har Harr posts of Lyssa.

What on earth does that mean?!!

Especially given that Lyssa herself never actually existed at all. She was just one more sock puppet he invented there to sing his praises.

Stay tuned. This might be important.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to The Sandbox