Pedro's Corner

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Pedro's Corner

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:41 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:One day Carleas is gonna wake up and sell, I think that too.

$50 big ones.

i dunno what 50 grand buys in the world of websites but you can probably make a lot more off that money doing a lot of things that aren't buying an old web forum.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:43 am

No I meant 50 singles.

And the madness began when your side developed full-blown Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Trump shone a light on all the creepy crawly evil in the Deep State establishment. It was never a conspiracy "theory". It has always been a reality. But exposing it is rare in history.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:46 am

i wasn't even here for like a year, i just logged on and the whole place had transformed into a flock of idiots. people all programmed up on that alex jones type shit.

50 bucks you probably cant make any money with that.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:48 am

like your whole way of thinking is a result of a sinclair broadcasting psyop. there are little robots like you running around everywhere, thinking wrong, reasoning poorly, and all saying the exact same shit in every instance. straight. programmed.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:48 am

there is still a normal world out here if you want to come back to it. not everyone is out here thinking that everything in the world has to do with some epic polisci battle playing out in real life.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:50 am

like i bet you don't talk to that many people in real life outside your own circles. and your circle is probably small. you probably spend hours jacking off to michael flynn speeches and you talk to your one or two close friends about conspiracies all day.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:51 am

you and the other one. both of you are like twins. how often do people not realize which one they're talking to? a lot bruh. because neither one of you knows how to think and you just do the whole bitchute programee act whenever you engage anyone. if you only knew what your people looked like from the outside...from the perspective of the normal people who have watched a third of the country eat up this weird rabbit hole website shit.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:52 am

the people you trust the most think that you are a moron and they're making you look stupid on purpose

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:57 am

lol u mad bro?

u mad
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:15 am

im fine. i just think its weird the way you worship politicians and hurl the same nonsense at everyone who doesn't follow you down whatever fucked up rabbit hole you go into to get programmed the way that you are

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:46 pm

"i just logged on and the whole place had transformed into a flock of idiots."

Not just that, but a lot of people who are regulars at these forums use them as venues to make surrogate friends (myself included) because they have none (or very few) in real life. And that might end up being the wrong reasons to frequent a forum. Of the regulars here, I'd call keter, Magnus, you and maybe gib, the only guys who are 'normal' in the broadest sense. The rest are old religious nutt-jobs, sexually frustrated incels, inferiority complexes, paranoids, raging misanthropists, self proclaimed messiahs, broken depressives, day dreamers and narcissists. This also stands for most other philosophy forums as well; it is the nature of the environment that draws such people.

I won't disclose who is who for confidentiality purposes (my oath as a psychologist).

So it might be easy to imagine that under such circumstances, the forum atmosphere could be a little troubling. And it could be argued that this surrogate activity is unhealthy and serves only to further isolate and alienate the individuals here.

It certainly is for me, anyway, because that is precisely why I ever came to a forum in the first place. To find friends who would only ever be strangers. Think about how odd and unsettling that sounds. That can't be good, bruh.

But sure, for the normal ones, places like these are okay. Take keter, for example. A stable guy with good common sense, no personality defects, a good family and a steady job, who likes philosophy in the most honest sense. He's not here to compensate for anything, either.

You get the idea.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone.

I, for one, never presupposed anybody's innocence around here, lest of all my own.

Doing Philosophy well, means getting your hands dirty. Most don't want to go that far, and that's fine, to treat Philosophy like a hobby...
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Pedro I. Rengel:

Once upon a time philosophy used to be about solving problems. Real problems, not imaginary, tedius problems. So part of a real philosopher's MO would be to present real problems to be examined, provided he is fortunate enough to experience them. Along the way, many will mistake this as 'complaining', or 'whining', as you put it, when in fact it is only brought to attention for experimental purposes. Rather what happens is that sometimes, a problem can be so unusual and unique that it takes philosophers by surprise who are not the least bit qualified to approach it. They stand in awe and speechless before it, and sometimes this causes frustration, even envy. They thought they had it all figured out, had the answers, but they did not, and this angers them indeed, because they want to be philosophers... they want to swim in the deep end without their inflatable wings.

I once had the nerve to tell a guy that there is more philosophy in my 24 hrs then there will be in his entire life.

But want can a guy say at that point? He has to downplay it, has to make it mundane so that he's not offended by his own triviality and can continue feeling he is relevant. He may be tho, in some small way, but only in the right company.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:38 pm

"Doing Philosophy well, means getting your hands dirty."

*grins*
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Edited: I spoke too fast and reconsidered. My bad
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:24 am

promethean75 wrote:"Doing Philosophy well, means getting your hands dirty."

*grins*

Everybody and their brother are always 'doing' philosophy whether wittingly or knowingly or not.

'frowns'
Meno_
breathless

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm

promethean75 wrote:"i just logged on and the whole place had transformed into a flock of idiots."

Not just that, but a lot of people who are regulars at these forums use them as venues to make surrogate friends (myself included) because they have none (or very few) in real life. And that might end up being the wrong reasons to frequent a forum. Of the regulars here, I'd call keter, Magnus, you and maybe gib, the only guys who are 'normal' in the broadest sense. The rest are old religious nutt-jobs, sexually frustrated incels, inferiority complexes, paranoids, raging misanthropists, self proclaimed messiahs, broken depressives, day dreamers and narcissists. This also stands for most other philosophy forums as well; it is the nature of the environment that draws such people.

I won't disclose who is who for confidentiality purposes (my oath as a psychologist).

So it might be easy to imagine that under such circumstances, the forum atmosphere could be a little troubling. And it could be argued that this surrogate activity is unhealthy and serves only to further isolate and alienate the individuals here.

It certainly is for me, anyway, because that is precisely why I ever came to a forum in the first place. To find friends who would only ever be strangers. Think about how odd and unsettling that sounds. That can't be good, bruh.

But sure, for the normal ones, places like these are okay. Take keter, for example. A stable guy with good common sense, no personality defects, a good family and a steady job, who likes philosophy in the most honest sense. He's not here to compensate for anything, either.

You get the idea.

i've got my own little twitter cult going. like 40k followers. no one knows who i am there, and no in in real life knows how to find me there. it's pretty entertaining, and i like the idea of not knowing any of them in real life.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:31 pm

Myspace was the last social media platform I ever used, and this was what, twenty years ago. Since then I had an IG account for a brief period but lost interest in it as well. Never used Facebook or Twitter or anything like that. For a while it was illegal for me to use social media, then an ordinary, mortal human being in a black robe behind a bench playing god reversed the decision of another ordinary, mortal human being in a black robe behind a bench playing god, and decided it shouldn't be illegal. By this time however I had no interest in social media platforms anyway.

Concerning associations with other people, I have very, very specific standards, standards that are nearly impossible to meet, I've discovered. When I look at these social media venues, all I see is a digital field populated by an enormous cyber herd of uninteresting creatures vying for attention.

Along the way I slowly started to use ILP as a kind of social media place (as Biggs noted) for two reasons: I was already here, and my interest in sustaining serious discussions with members at ILP was quickly receding.

Now, ILP serves as that surrogate social atmosphere I visit to merely interact with other people. Like it's that bad; I haven't had a real life 'friend' since 2007. The only people I interact with are work related.

But this is not good, really, because it's been so long since I've socialized that I've literally forgotten how to do it. I'm like that autistic kid who stares blankly into space as people around him socialize.

I'm also incredibly paranoid about people's real intentions around me. This of course is an evolved behavior due to years and years of persecution, stigmatization and isolation. I'm like a mad dog that won't let anyone close to him.

Oh I forgot, I did try some philosophy meetup groups but was rather disappointed, so I left them too.

Oh snap i forgot to mention this as well. In 2010 when I was facing charges I was not guilty of, some cockroach from the internet actually printed out (or linked to) posts of mine at another forum in which I engaged in some pretty viscious polemics against judges and courts and shit like that. My public defender comes into the room and lays this stack of papers on the table. I ask who sent this stuff and he wouldn't tell me. From that point on - after he read all the stuff - he made absolutely no effort to defend me and was quite open about his contempt for me. This is my public defender we're talking about. I ended up taking a plea deal for 4 years instead of 7, and pled guilty to crimes I did not commit.

And this has always been brooding in the back of my mind.... who was it, and can I somehow find them.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 am

the justice system can stress you out. i got indicted one time on a case where they had a recording of me threatening to cut a guy's stomach open. shit was wild man. in real life, because i went to the same school k-12, my close friends are people that ive known since i was 5. they're scattered all over the place. even before i retired from crime, i kept a pretty close circle. i like knowing a lot of people, but i don't get all close with them, i have close friends already.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:43 am

Pedro wrote:
Because of dudes like you lol that want to imagine it all amounts to more, or that it's meaningless if it doesn't.

=D>
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:05 pm

"a recording of me threatening to cut a guy's stomach open."

Dang smears, I didn't know you go hard like that.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:01 am

[b]Mr Reasonable[/b] wrote:
"a recording of me threatening to cut a guy's stomach open."

This offence has a maximum penalty of level 6 imprisonment (5 years) in my country.

Were you imprisoned?
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:52 am

Wait what? You can bleed a guy in your country and only get five years?

Shit I'm in the wrong country. Make no mistake tho, amnerika is prolly even screwyer. I know murders who got less time than me.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 am

In America, you can run down dozens of women and children in a car, get a slap on the wrist, and the leftists will applaud you, while the rightists grovel and cry on the ground cowering like pathetic bitches.

You'll be a hero.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Sculptor » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:In America, you can run down dozens of women and children in a car, get a slap on the wrist, and the leftists will applaud you, while the rightists grovel and cry on the ground cowering like pathetic bitches.

You'll be a hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EGczv7iiEk
Sculptor
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox