DJ Andy's Music Charts

Share and discuss.

DJ Andy's Music Charts

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:32 am

The initial idea was to start a thread where I'd post music that I enjoy listening to, sort of like what Wendy and Joker are doing. But then I thought such would result in a very lonely Internet existence, so I decided to do something else, something that should be more entertaining for everyone.

I decided to make it rounds of 10. I will start each round with a song of my choice. You will then have to post a song with the aim to beat my own choice. I will then respond by ranking your song. After that, someone else will have to post a song that will top the current leader. And so on. After 10 songs are chosen, I will declare the winner and start it all over again.

Note that it's forbidden for one and the same member to post multiple times in a row without my permission.

I'll kick off the first round with this song:

Beat it. (Just beat it.)
"Let's keep the debate about poor people in the US specifically. It's the land of opportunity. So everyone has an opportunity. That means everyone can get money. So some people who don't have it just aren't using thier opportunities, and then out of those who are using them, then most squander what they gain through poor choices, which keeps them poor. It's no one else's fault. The end."

Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Re: DJ Andy's Music Charts

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 am

You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 am

1. Deep Forest - Sweet Lullaby [Magnus Anderson] (Link)
2. Marvin Sease - Sit Down on It [Mr Reasonable] (Link)

Better than Cardi B but not better than Joe Satriani (:
Last edited by Magnus Anderson on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let's keep the debate about poor people in the US specifically. It's the land of opportunity. So everyone has an opportunity. That means everyone can get money. So some people who don't have it just aren't using thier opportunities, and then out of those who are using them, then most squander what they gain through poor choices, which keeps them poor. It's no one else's fault. The end."

Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 am

fair
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby phoneutria » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:36 pm

i'm going to post one with a sort of a similar vibe (but not really)
wait for it cuz it has a long intro/slow burn

phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Mory Kante- Yeke Yeke

Same song live version
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:55 pm

1. Deep Forest - Sweet Lullaby [Magnus Anderson] (Link)
2. Delerium - Enchanted [phoneutria] (Link)
3. Mory Kanté - Yé ké yé ké [Wendy Darling] (Link)
4. Marvin Sease - Sit Down On It [Mr Reasonable] (Link)

Wendy Darling, it's engaging but I find the "Ye ke ye ke" vocals off-putting. Still, I'd rather listen to this than to Jerusalema or Djadja.

Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment