as i read it and i'm going hell yeah
i run into this bit about non hyerarchical society
what the actual fuck
how can they advocate for rewilding
and on the same breath say that?
lol at reconnecting with our feral fury or whatever
while at the same time abolishing hyerarchies
get off my goddamn lawn ya hippies

For most primitivist anarchists, rewilding and reconnecting with the earth is a life project. They state that it should not be limited to intellectual comprehension or the practice of primitive skills, but, instead, that it is a deep understanding of the pervasive ways in which we are domesticated, fractured, and dislocated from ourselves, each other, and the world. Rewilding is understood as having a physical component which involves reclaiming skills and developing methods for a sustainable co-existence, including how to feed, shelter, and heal ourselves with the plants, animals, and materials occurring naturally in our bioregions. It is also said to include the dismantling of the physical manifestations, apparatus, and infrastructure of civilization.

Rewilding is also described as having an emotional component, which involves healing ourselves and each other from what are perceived as 10,000-year-old wounds, learning how to live together in non-hierarchical and non-oppressive communities, and de-constructing the domesticating mindset in our social patterns. To the primitivist, "rewilding includes prioritizing direct experience and passion over mediation and alienation, re-thinking every dynamic and aspect of reality, connecting with our feral fury to defend our lives and to fight for a liberated existence, developing more trust in our intuition and being more connected to our instincts, and regaining the balance that has been virtually destroyed after thousands of years of patriarchal control and domestication. Rewilding is the process of becoming uncivilized."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-primitivism
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Re: Early Primitivism

Postby Jakob » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:10 pm

I think the final argument against anarchoprimitivism is, how do you legislate so that anarchy stays the ground-rule? How do you prevent magalopolitic structures from arising, if you have no law to control it?
A law to protect from further law.
Thusly it seems we have what someone else might call a "negative definition", to work with in shaping the idea of a constitution.

To breach the monadic will of power and divert it into little streams irrigating the fields of humanities (optional blech emo) a beacon must be set.
Some marmagantuous galilagath of scope, a megaluthic compound. To break the waves, you know. Of power.

Expensive drinks make for expensive ... sweat?
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Re: Early Primitivism

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:20 am

Heart wrenching. Superman, who has lost his cape early on, and is now wearing Batmans cape, is heroically jumping overboard to save his friends from the storm, but it turns out, Batmans cape doesnt work on him.
So... well, watch only if you want to cry yourself to sleep later. Or cry someone else to sleep.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy

Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment