Series and Shows

Share and discuss.

Re: Series and Shows

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:48 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Jakob wrote:The original Twin Peaks.
For its numerous moments of genuine soap, it has as many moments of the gravest, most profound art.
And then those moments where the two combine, which are truly transcendental.
Also, the concept of honor. By the 2000's, it had become possible to convey the idea of honor only in reference to crime. Our culture had fallen by then.
Twin Peaks was made at the peak of the Empire.

#-o

That series was nuts.. only the first few episodes made any sense, then David Lynch lost the making-any-sense plot.. along with his mind? :-s

Whattt??

How dare you.

No, only the first 16 episodes made sense.

Thats when the killah was discovered and died. Then, the show had become so lucrative that they made another 16 episodes which did indeed fail to make sense.

About 5 episodes of the original 16 were directed by Lynch. These stand out to me as THE best art on the screen ever to have been produced.
The remainder of there episodes is directed by anywhere from bad to mediocre to fairly decent directors. Which gives the show an incredibly inconsistent quality.

I’ve gotten into twee British murder mysteries.. Midsomer Murders, Grantchester, Lewis, Morse, Endeavour, Vera, Foyles War, Poirot, Miss Marple, etc.

Had to look up "twee". What a twee word.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:38 pm

Sumbitch. Homeland.
Im watching season 7 now, its so great, the aesthetics wonderful. Claire Danes is the best actress out there.

Its made to misinform and to inform alike, aside from entertain and bring in cash. Its very layered. Mostly the aesthetics though, the portrayal of power. House of Cards in its first two seasons had some of this sleek density but this has far more of it. Deeper. The leader alone is too creepy to disregard.

Produced by one Katie O Hara, who must be a very interesting person to talk to.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Before the Light - Philosophy 77 - Some Haydn - The Magickal Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:26 am

anyone who hasn't watched every episode of happy tree friends is dumb
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Previous

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment