Being Creative?

Share and discuss.

Being Creative?

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:26 pm

The universe, including ourselves, is like a paint-by-numbers painting, except far more complicated. When we (the experiencer) splash up against experience (and vice versa), it reveals part of our local painting. With enough experience we begin to see a pattern, and we even get to splash our own color (or whatever) into it, although it was always part of the completed work before it began.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Science: https://youtu.be/90sWAKwZHHE

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Re: Being Creative?

Postby Arcturus Descending » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:The universe, including ourselves, is like a paint-by-numbers painting, except far more complicated. When we (the experiencer) splash up against experience (and vice versa), it reveals part of our local painting. With enough experience we begin to see a pattern, and we even get to splash our own color (or whatever) into it, although it was always part of the completed work before it began.

Was it really part of a completed work or is it just that God knew how it would be completed?
That does not necessarily mean that we were always set in stone by God.
I would like to believe that i had a good hand in the creation of the piece of clay which I myself am...with His help of course.
BE MELTING SNOW. WASH YOURSELF OF YOURSELF.

YOU WANDER FROM ROOM TO ROOM
HUNTING FOR THE DIAMOND NECKLACE
THAT IS ALREADY AROUND YOUR NECK!

DANCE UNTIL YOU SHATTER YOURSELF!

THERE IS A VOICE THAT DOESN'T USE WORDS. LISTEN!

LIFE IS A BALANCE BETWEEN HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!

LET SILENCE TAKE YOU TO THE CORE OF LIFE!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:47 pm

The reason for God’s apparently misguided hatchet job, is the possibility for the impossible: that God knew that by giving His creation a free hand in doing and thinking about creating (a newer world), since ex post facto, our discovery of our own place in the universe has come to represent a learn by doing repeated experiment) and h He may have realized, that creating a sentiment , conscious being was impossible any other way, it becomes a heavy burden for Himself to carry the weight of self consciousness and self aware responsibility to even begin to contemplate the possible effects by giving them free reign.

Therefore how definite is His knowledge of probable outcomes becomes a pale shadow of His creation’s most probable flow, and His ‘knowledge’ must be through ‘love’ as a principle of necessary logic, not necessarily ‘thought - out’ from His perspective coinciding with our view.

As Khrishnamurti said, ‘Knowledge is limited’
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:36 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:..With enough experience we begin to see a pattern, and we even get to splash our own color (or whatever) into it, although it was always part of the completed work before it began.

Realisation..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:00 am

Arc, Meno_ basically answered it, except that …

God’s knowledge is definite. He’s an infinite whole in which we live, move, and have our being (“inexistence”)—at varying degrees/levels of intention… creativity… activity… freedom… consciousness.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:18 am

_
..and I answered it.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:33 am

Oh you were answering Arc? My bad. I liked your comment.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:09 am

_
..the question.

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:27 am

Oh the OP title. :) There can never be more of what is already infinite & whole, so… I like how you put that creativity is realization. :)

Whereas destruction takes nothing away… which Sartre understood.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:11 am

_
..the question, to the OP in its entirety, not the topic title?

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:20 am

Well. The OP puts in my own words what Plato, Descartes, Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, and Husserl seem to all be saying from different (or so some of them think) angles. It’s too bad Marx & Nietzsche went sideways… they almost started out having it. Weil picked it up. Betting Heidegger had it.

I don’t understand the blindspots, except that I’ve been there, so on one hand I don’t judge them, but on the other … I’ve been there, so I feel justified in calling a spade a spade as I look in the mirror (over my shoulder… to shoot a bullseye). (Last part was for free.)

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:29 am

Removed
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:59 am

Meno_ wrote:Removed

Expected!

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:01 am

darn. i missed it.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment