Songs that remind you of Europe

Share and discuss.

Re: Songs that remind you of Europe

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu May 12, 2022 1:14 pm

Every time I see this thread, it triggers:
https://youtu.be/mcMpJlYynBw
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

To reiterate: I am one person on this board. I only post my own thoughts. I do not use anyone else’s username, and no one else uses mine. I used to be She(TM). God started bringing me back 9/22/05. If anyone intends things for evil, he can still use it for Good.

Also: Yes, I will marry you. Will you marry me? Don’t do it! It’s a trap! Let’s skip all that noise and be friends. I am not freaking joking. Change my mind. lol jk
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Otto » Thu May 12, 2022 1:40 pm

Thanks for posting music from Haindling, Kathrina. I like Haindling. :)

Hubert von Goisern with his yodel music. What about that? :)

Otto

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 pm

Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-613 ... 1F933C408C Can’t say I’ve watched it, in years..

Eurovision: Who will win - and other questions answered

According to this page:

60% Ukraine
11% Sweden
10% United Kingdom
5% Italy
5% Spain
1% Serbia

But what about Moldova?

Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun May 15, 2022 12:12 am

So Moldova ended up being ranked as #2 by the public vote. Pretty much the exact opposite of the jury vote. Marina Abramovic, on the other hand, ended up 4th.

Portugal, Estonia and Iceland had pretty good songs though -- one of the best.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sun May 15, 2022 3:28 pm

Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun May 15, 2022 10:09 pm

Magnus Anderson wrote:So Moldova ended up being ranked as #2 by the public vote. Pretty much the exact opposite of the jury vote. Marina Abramovic, on the other hand, ended up 4th.

Portugal, Estonia and Iceland had pretty good songs though -- one of the best.

I forgot all about it, so didn’t get to watch it.. so par for the Eurovision-Contest-course yet again, for me.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed May 18, 2022 12:33 am

Kathrina wrote:

German have a very peculiar taste in music. It often makes me doubt that classical music has anything to do with them.

I like this one. In general, the kind of rap that I like tends to be European in origin.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Wed May 18, 2022 9:41 pm

MagsJ wrote:I forgot all about it, so didn’t get to watch it.. so par for the Eurovision-Contest-course yet again, for me.

I'd recommend listening to the Portugal entry that I posted above.

If you want something that is uplifting instead, and stereotypically European (specifically Dutch), I suggest checking out the Czech entry. The best entry, as far as I'm concerned.

Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby perpetualburn » Thu May 19, 2022 4:50 pm

As a pillar of rising smoke did my angel condescend and appear, standing without reserve on the exhausted banks of infinite sorrow.

"There, where the state CEASETH—pray look thither, my brethren! Do ye not see it, the rainbow and the bridges of the Superman?" -N

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/f6-agora
perpetualburn

Postby Magnus Anderson » Thu May 19, 2022 7:20 pm

The thing that I like about Montenegrin music is also the thing that I dislike about it. I like that it's fiece, and quite masculine in general, but at the same time, I dislike how monotone it is. If they could somehow take those masculine elements and combine them with Serbian music, that would be great.

Sort of like what they did here but minus all the teen pop thing.

Keep the violin parts, keep that battle part that starts around 1:54, remove everything else and replace it with proper heroic music and lyrics.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am

Magnus Anderson wrote:
MagsJ wrote:I forgot all about it, so didn’t get to watch it.. so par for the Eurovision-Contest-course yet again, for me.

I'd recommend listening to the Portugal entry that I posted above.
[;quote]
I did.. it was good / tastefully done.

If you want something that is uplifting instead, and stereotypically European (specifically Dutch), I suggest checking out the Czech entry. The best entry, as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMoX6oPSnws

..you think that the best entry? Ok..

I prefer my mood to dictate my music choices, not my music choices to dictate my mood.. no uplifting feels, right now.

I’m currently.. contemplative.

So Ukraine [ https://youtu.be/F1fl60ypdLs ]won, huh! -I don’t mind it, it’s gotta vibe.. though I wouldn’t have minded it with a slight mellow edge, but I guess Ukraine didn’t need that at a time like this.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri May 20, 2022 11:42 pm

MagsJ wrote:I prefer my mood to dictate my music choices, not my music choices to dictate my mood.. no uplifting feels, right now.

I doubt there's a single person who disagrees with that. It's just that I generally prefer positive music.

So Ukraine [ https://youtu.be/F1fl60ypdLs ]won, huh! -I don’t mind it, it’s gotta vibe.. though I wouldn’t have minded it with a slight mellow edge, but I guess Ukraine didn’t need that at a time like this.

That song didn't even win their national contest (although, I have to say, it's better than the winning entry.) The singing and flute are great, the rapping and dancing are horrible, the black guy does not fit at all (the only reason he's there is obviously to gain diversity points) and I don't know what to think about the lyrics (they certainly don't mix with "I'm a badass dude" aesthetics.)
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment