Isolated in this Webforum?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

I am isolated and belong to one of the following four groups:

I) My isolated group knows about its isolation and wants to drive others into isolation.
17%
II) My isolated group knows about its isolation and does not want to drive others into isolation.
33%
III) My isolated group does not know about its isolation and wants to drive others into isolation.
17%
IV) My isolated group does not know about its isolation and does not want to drive others into isolation.
33%

Total votes : 6

Re: Isolated in this Webforum?

Postby Otto » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:58 am

MagsJ wrote:
Otto wrote:We all have intentions, the only question is in which situations we have them.

=; Basic!

I would say, (a) you are neutral, as you should be as a moderator, which you were in former times, or (b) you try to touch all groups equally, which is also quite moderator-like, or (c) you are, if you do not know about the isolation of your group and want to drive others into isolation, in group III, namely very close to the other groups, or (d) you are, if you do not know about the isolation of your group and do not want to drive others into isolation, in group IV, namely very close to the other groups. (Note: The fact that you have said you "take a troll over a sock-puppet" is in your case indicative of group III, not of group IV, because group IV is free of trolls.)

..like I said, I’m not in any one group and I prefer trolls to sock-puppets, and yet you read the unsaid into my published fact.

Imma gonna take my self off to the Mensa sites, because.. ya know. :icon-rolleyes:

Therefore ( :icon-rolleyes: ) I said, „(a) you are neutral, as you should be as a moderator, which you were in former times, or (b) you try to touch all groups equally, which is also quite moderator-like“; but since September/October 2019 you are no moderator anymore:

ILPM.jpg
ILPM.jpg (105.44 KiB) Viewed 75 times

Therefore ( :icon-rolleyes: ) I offered you two alternatives. "There are more people in a group than people who think they are not in a group" (An old and famous philosopher). Even this one is in a group:

F_RR.jpg
F_RR.jpg (174.23 KiB) Viewed 75 times
F_RR_.jpg
F_RR_.jpg (127.84 KiB) Viewed 71 times
Otto

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:02 am

Otto wrote:Therefore ( :icon-rolleyes: ) I said, „(a) you are neutral, as you should be as a moderator, which you were in former times, or (b) you try to touch all groups equally, which is also quite moderator-like“; but since September/October 2019 you are no moderator anymore:

The attachment ILPM.jpg is no longer available

I’m probably (a), tho I can sometimes do (b) ..for the sake of amusement.

Therefore ( :icon-rolleyes: ) I offered you two alternatives. "There are more people in a group than people who think they are not in a group" (An old and famous philosopher). Even this one is in a group:

The attachment F_RR.jpg is no longer available
The attachment F_RR_.jpg is no longer available

He’s definitely in a few groups alright.. he’s certainly got very specific tastes, and he owns the world to boot.. :lol:
Is that your account? If it isn’t, why choose that one? Purple semi-precious gem stones? ..neat. I’m a sucker for them myself.. I have a veritable collection of semi-precious stone jewellery.

4C875F6B-E628-4AF5-9BDC-D7FD70EF94BC.jpeg
4C875F6B-E628-4AF5-9BDC-D7FD70EF94BC.jpeg (135.54 KiB) Viewed 62 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Otto » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 am

MagsJ wrote:He’s definitely in a few groups alright.. he’s certainly got very specific tastes, and he owns the world to boot.. :lol:
Is that your account? If it isn’t, why choose that one?

The one who owns the world also owns the groups contained in it.
Otto

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:09 am

Otto wrote:The one who owns the world also owns the groups contained in it.

Go away.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Otto » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:20 am

From his point of view, that's how it is! 8)

Do you feel insulted? :oops:
And if so, why? :oops:
Sorry. :oops:
Otto

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:03 am

Otto wrote:From his point of view, that's how it is! 8)

Do you feel insulted? :oops:
And if so, why? :oops:
Sorry. :oops:

The world is a construct. I’m sure you understand what I’m getting at and alluding to..?

Those that stay within their set, are welcome to it ..those that venture out, grow their character and confidence more, than those that don’t/who become hollow inside.. void of character and kindness.
MagsJ

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat