Peter and Iamb

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Peter and Iamb

Postby iambiguous » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:15 pm

iambiguous wrote: My "support" is recognized to be but a political prejudice rooted in dasein. Just as your own fulminating, doctrinaire "convictions" are. Only, as with most pinhead objectivists, that would never occur to you because you need to be convinced that you and only you understand everything that can possibly be understood about covid and the vaccine. After all, how could you arrogantly mock those who are "one of them" if you weren't yourself "one of us".

Zero_Brains wrote: Ah, our lopsided objectivist pretending to be an existential nihilist, full mental gymnastics on display of course. "I'm not an objectivist but I'm going to tell you about my own political prejudices rooted in dasein are right and why you're totally wrong man."

On the contrary, in regard to the covid-vaccine and all other conflicting goods, my points are rooted in the arguments I make in my signature threads. And over and over again, I acknowledge they are no less rooted subjectively in dasein, embodied in political prejudices and ever subject to change given new experiences.

I don't come in here the fulminating fanatic that you and your ilk are...lampooning everyone who doesn't think exactly like they do about the vaccine. Mocking them for actually being stupid enough to get one.

The philosophical equivalent of the circus clown. The buffoon.

The Fool.

Then particularly idiotic gas attacks like this one:

Zero_Brains wrote: Fantastic stuff Biggie as always. You're a fantastic failure of pretending to be a nihilist, that should be your final epitaph one of these days. You suck at nihilism, just call yourself a meager objectivist neo-liberal and be done with it.

This is merely what I reduce you down to. And if you had any intellectual integrity at all you would at least own up to it. Then perhaps you might -- might -- be willing to actually discuss the vaccine in a more, say, sophisticated manner? In other words, as something other than this reactionary cartoon character that you play here.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Biggie: "I'm not an objectivist but as a nihilist I'm going to say if you're not pro Covid19 vaccinations you're simply wrong."

Wow, take a look at this anti establishment or anti institutional nihilistic rebel on display here. 8)

Every time he posts it's clear of the multitude or plethora of the many objective viewpoints he individually possesses, just whatever you do, don't tell him that. 8)

You know, us fanatics are a passionate lot, we hold our values or beliefs as being self evident and true. You will never find more stronger convictions in a people than that of a group of passionate fanatics. 8)

The clown makes a mockery of existence and when existence itself becomes absurd where it becomes a mockery a clown or fool is always appropriate. :) :P

This is merely what I reduce you down to. And if you had any intellectual integrity at all you would at least own up to it. Then perhaps you might -- might -- be willing to actually discuss the vaccine in a more, say, sophisticated manner? In other words, as something other than this reactionary cartoon character that you play here.

Just take a look at this guy's self righteous indignation, how dare anybody dismiss his orthodox form of thinking which he believes to be right and true! :lol:
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby iambiguous » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Again: the above is merely what I reduce them down to.

And if he did have any intellectual integrity at all he would at least own up to it. Then perhaps he might -- might -- be willing to actually discuss the vaccine in a more, say, sophisticated manner? In other words, as something other than this reactionary cartoon character that he plays here.

The above is just more of the same.

As with Satyr and others, no one can say that I don't at least give them a chance to display the depth of their intellect in regard to issues such as this.

But they're not here for that. They're here to vent. To pummel those who brought them to the point that they choose to be reactionary cartoon characters. And the left wing equivalent.

The part that revolves around this:

It would appear to be futile to engage him -- let alone in philosophy -- until we come closer to this part:

...someday he might finally confront [even conquer] whatever or whoever turned him into a rampaging caricature of Satyr. And, perhaps, be able to engage in a substantive exchange without configuring into the fulminating fool that he becomes here. And, I suspect, everywhere else.

Something has clearly pissed him off in life. Something that compels him to come into places like this and VENT!!!

It seems [to me] that he needs to make scapegoats of those he construes to be part of whatever he is outraged about. But what is it? And how did it come about?

Wouldn't that be far more fascinating to explore than the "substance" of his rants?

But he sure as hell won't go there, will he? He simply has too much invested psychologically in being that twisted, scathing caricature of the sort of philosopher that ILP was actually created to attract.

Yes, I'd like to dispense with "Zero_Brains" Stooge name that I mock him with above. I'd like to have an intelligent discussion with him about the vaccine. After all, those opposed to it do have important, intelligent and timely criticisms.

But that's not really what he seems to in here for at all. He is pissed off at the world. And there's not a damn thing he can -- or, perhaps, will? -- do about it. So he comes in here The Great Bloviator, huffing and puffing like the Kids in order to do...to do what exactly?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:14 am

You stole all of that from Satyr in depictions of me? :lol: 8) For a moment I actually thought you wrote all of that yourself, we should add plagiarist to your crowning list of achievements.

Well, it's clear you're not capable of original thought, so much so, that you have to steal other people's criticisms of your opponents. #-o [And not very good ones either.] Of course it should be expected, your longest thread of mental opining or pontificating you're basically reduced to criticizing the writings of others, probably because you have nothing original to say yourself concerning your own thoughts. You're reduced to talking about various authors because you're unable to express yourself mentally otherwise, concerning your own independent insights none seem to be found and are severely lacking.

Genuine conversation on Covid19 vaccine skepticism? No, I don't believe you're sincere at all on that. It's clear that you support the mainstream public narrative on that which is very comical for this "dasein" nihilist that supposedly doesn't believe in objective facts or opinions, yet readily embraces institutional medical insights. Not an objectivist yet accuses others of being crazed conspiracy theorists, gotta say Biggie, I just don't think you're a very sincere nihilist at all. Maybe this nihilism stufff isn't for you since you seem to be terrible at it. You're like a person that openly calls themselves religious in public yet you're entirely atheistic, in other words, a walking talking contradiction that tells everybody else you should be taken seriously. At least I'm consistent, you on the other hand...8) :lol:
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby Meno_ » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:59 pm

Meno_
breathless

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:27 pm

Zero_Sum wrote:You stole all of that from Satyr in depictions of me? :lol: 8) For a moment I actually thought you wrote all of that yourself, we should add plagiarist to your crowning list of achievements.

Well, it's clear you're not capable of original thought, so much so, that you have to steal other people's criticisms of your opponents. #-o [And not very good ones either.] Of course it should be expected, your longest thread of mental opining or pontificating you're basically reduced to criticizing the writings of others, probably because you have nothing original to say yourself concerning your own thoughts. You're reduced to talking about various authors because you're unable to express yourself mentally otherwise, concerning your own independent insights none seem to be found and are severely lacking.

Genuine conversation on Covid19 vaccine skepticism? No, I don't believe you're sincere at all on that. It's clear that you support the mainstream public narrative on that which is very comical for this "dasein" nihilist that supposedly doesn't believe in objective facts or opinions, yet readily embraces institutional medical insights. Not an objectivist yet accuses others of being crazed conspiracy theorists, gotta say Biggie, I just don't think you're a very sincere nihilist at all. Maybe this nihilism stufff isn't for you since you seem to be terrible at it. You're like a person that openly calls themselves religious in public yet you're entirely atheistic, in other words, a walking talking contradiction that tells everybody else you should be taken seriously. At least I'm consistent, you on the other hand...8) :lol:

K: as to your point of "Original" work, who is actually original?
take science for example, both Newton and Einstein admitted to
working out the questions already present.... they built upon the
answers and question left by those before them..... to be original
given the human race has been around for a million years and has
had roughly 30 billion people in it since the beginning of time...

the fact is, very few people are actually original in thought and
nature.....each generation and each thinker builds upon the
prior thinkers and generations before it...the question isn't about
being original, the question is how do we bring out information we
already have, into the new questions we face every day.....

I might take a thought or a belief used in the 17th century and update
it for our new times..... we simply take the ideas of others and update
them to fit the changing times... that is about as close to original as
we can get as human beings......

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:55 am

Zero_Brains wrote: You stole all of that from Satyr in depictions of me? :lol: 8) For a moment I actually thought you wrote all of that yourself, we should add plagiarist to your crowning list of achievements.

The only difference between your fulminating contempt for those who don't think exactly like you do politically and Satyr's is that in any discussion between the two of you, it all comes down to dueling dogmas. You both agree that liberals and left-wingers are the source of all our problems but for him that's not nearly as important as you agreeing with him as to why that is. And what must be put in their place. You both basically want a world with a new mainstream media. One that spouts your own dogmas and not theirs.

Meanwhile the "dogma" of those who actually run the global economy is still "show me the money". And they couldn't care less about these fantastic doom and gloom theories of yours. They're too busy laughing at them all the way to the bank.

But, oh yeah, sure, that will all change...soon.

Zero_Brains wrote: Genuine conversation on Covid19 vaccine skepticism? No, I don't believe you're sincere at all on that. It's clear that you support the mainstream public narrative on that which is very comical for this "dasein" nihilist that supposedly doesn't believe in objective facts or opinions, yet readily embraces institutional medical insights.

On the contrary, I am just as suspicious of big pharma, the medical industrial complex and the corporate media toeing their line as others here. And I certainly have my own political prejudices in regard to the existence of a Deep State.

Also, the intelligent and well articulated arguments made by those who both oppose and support this particular vaccine on this thread -- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 3&t=196429 -- are exactly what I mean by a "genuine conversation".

Me, I am getting the vaccine myself because of my age. I merely note in turn all of those vaccines -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination -- that only the most extreme anti-vaxxers still rail against. And the part where covid was identical to HIV in regard to symptoms and morality rates but spread as quickly as the coronavirus does today.

What then of the arguments against vaccines?

As for being a "sincere nihilist", what on earth is that supposed to mean in regard to a particular context? Tell me. Is it anything like Zeroeth Nature's ""perfect nihilist?

Why don't you come here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195600

We can discuss that in depth.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat