What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:i literally never go into grocery stores like ever except last week it was going to snow a lot so i went into one and got all this shit like i found a 10lb thing of ground beef and so for a week i just made tacos and burgers and once i just threw a big blob of meat onto a pan and baked it for a while and just had meat chunks for dinner. im probably going to have a heart attack or something.

I was right there with you.. up until the meat chunks, lol, but nutritional input is nutritional input.. right? at least you ate.

I have a self-cleaning oven.. it was a godsend and a blessing all rolled into one [-o< lol. I shattered the glass door once, when I set it to clean without having first cleaned the grease off the glass.. who knew that it would heat up like a mo-fo and so shatter, due to having to endure the higher temperature.

I want a self-cleaning house, but I fear that that ship may never arrive, well.. not in my lifetime anyway.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pm

WendyDarling wrote:That wasn’t the challenge dish, was it? There was no going out on a limb with that dish.

Lol.

That was a quick n easy dinner, but the flavours were banging. I can cook most things, but I can’t eat most things, so I only cook what I can eat.. paleo and low-FODMAP, which doesn’t make for a huge range of variety. Ah well.

May make the marzipan later. Gotta buy the cashew flour and try to make a marzipan’ish dessert with it next.

Hmmm, wonder if the Thai spice mix will be better than the Chinese?

Marzipan is awesome.. almond flour sure makes good desserts.

I think that Thai flavours are easier to recreate at home than Chinese ones.. though Chinese is delicious.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:36 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:i literally never go into grocery stores like ever except last week it was going to snow a lot so i went into one and got all this shit like i found a 10lb thing of ground beef and so for a week i just made tacos and burgers and once i just threw a big blob of meat onto a pan and baked it for a while and just had meat chunks for dinner. im probably going to have a heart attack or something.

I was right there with you.. up until the meat chunks, lol, but nutritional input is nutritional input.. right? at least you ate.

I have a self-cleaning oven.. it was a godsend and a blessing all rolled into one [-o< lol. I shattered the glass door once, when I set it to clean without having first cleaned the grease off the glass.. who knew that it would heat up like a mo-fo and so shatter, due to having to endure the higher temperature.

I want a self-cleaning house, but I fear that that ship may never arrive, well.. not in my lifetime anyway.

it's gonna get like 1000 degrees in there you gotta be careful with that.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:03 am

55596EEE-E322-4C31-84EC-72F56AFB2A11.jpeg
55596EEE-E322-4C31-84EC-72F56AFB2A11.jpeg (80.12 KiB) Viewed 311 times

My version of ‘low carb’ marzipan. Hated having goopy hands so it didn’t get kneaded much. Also, I need to order a finer almond flour. Tastes pretty good though.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:26 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:it's gonna get like 1000 degrees in there you gotta be careful with that.

The door auto-locks itself, when in that mode.

Yesterday, had a sashimi salad dinner.. salmon sashimi, on a grated-carrot julienned-cucumber and sliced ginger and chilli salad, with a simple fresh sea-salt and fresh lemon-juice dressing.. followed by a slice of pan-fried chicken breast later in the evening.. I was craving protein. :D
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:32 pm

_
So filling, I’ve left some to have for supper later.. pan-fried whole chicken breast, on a steamed carrot and courgette sweet-chilli/garlic-infused side.

6A32F4B9-764E-4276-9018-7FB1857D2AE7.jpeg
6A32F4B9-764E-4276-9018-7FB1857D2AE7.jpeg (159.63 KiB) Viewed 292 times
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
So filling, I’ve left some to have for supper later.. pan-fried whole chicken breast, on a steamed carrot and courgette sweet-chilli/garlic-infused side.

6A32F4B9-764E-4276-9018-7FB1857D2AE7.jpeg

Make me one please, looks delish!

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:20 pm

_
Aww, thanks Wendy.. it’s so quick n easy to cook, like 10 minutes max.

If you’re ever London way, I’ll host a dinner party and make you it.. along with drinks and a keto dessert. Would be a fun time/s.
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:08 am

E83DE456-42AB-47D5-AD80-8336D3D30895.jpeg
E83DE456-42AB-47D5-AD80-8336D3D30895.jpeg (88.16 KiB) Viewed 276 times

Another healthy casserole. Added diced tomatoes this time.

MagsJ wrote:_
Aww, thanks Wendy.. it’s so quick n easy to cook, like 10 minutes max.

If you’re ever London way, I’ll host a dinner party and make you it.. along with drinks and a keto dessert. Would be a fun time/s.

Deal. :D

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:14 am

Am I invited to the party too Maggie?
Kvasirs Mexican gay lover(writing about a need of committing a genocide on 99 percent whites and all non-whites as a Mexican mestizo himself):
And if they are not good, what could be wrong with the genocidal fantasy in my ‘Dies Irae’, published in Day of Wrath, with a vindictive Star Child calling home 500 million Caucasoids (and of course, all non-whites, including Jews) to, ironically, make sure that Dave Lane’s words be fulfilled with the remaining Aryans?.
My step-dads schizophrenic diagnosis:
I see a disease taking over....I will not stay silent. I will do what I can, when I can.
If we do not stand then we shall fall....and the enemy will win.

Remember: the world will end, all there is that is left is to fly between Canada and Greece and have barbecues and drink vodka before you wake up at 40 and remember to have a son who will be 30 when you are 70 and whos children will be 20 when you are 90. paGAYn as fuck.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:10 am

_
This guy having a laugh/taking a person for joke? seems so, doesn’t it.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:07 am

WendyDarling wrote:

I don’t think that ^^^ qualifies as a casserole Wendy.. it’s more an oven-bake, if anything.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:03 am

even with that door locked it's still freaky having something that hot in your house.

this asshole i know dropeed a fucking pizza all over the place once in this oven and he got it all out of there and went to run the self cleaning mode but he missed this one chunk of crust in the back and it caught fire in there and we ended up shutting it down and getting it out the thing was making a big flame and looking dangerous af

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:33 pm

MagsJ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

I don’t think that ^^^ qualifies as a casserole Wendy.. it’s more an oven-bake, if anything.

In the states, a casserole is a baked entree made of meat, vegetables, and a starchy binder such as flour, in which mine qualifies. In England, an oven bake is the same as an American casserole?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:43 pm

I’ve only ever known a casserole as a stew-like dish that’s cooked in the oven.. so gravy, minus the flour-thickening element binding the ingredients together.

The Net says the casserole is the dish itself, not so much about what’s in it. That clears that up, then.

Had some lamb loin chops and courgette earlier, and having oven-baked sea bream.. or is it sea bass, in a mo.
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:04 am

Ground Italian sausage mixed with some undecided things.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:47 am

i had this wagyu ribeye yesterday the shit was pretty dank but it was so much and then basically i didnt wanna do anything for the rest of the day. they put it on a big chunk of some pink salt block thing and it just sat there and cooked slowly like they seared it, threw it on there, brought it out and sliced it and just left in on this hot chunk of salt so i could grab slices of it and eat like a caveman
Attachments
Screenshot_20210401-193445_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210401-193445_Gallery.jpg (222.11 KiB) Viewed 202 times
Screenshot_20210401-193540_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210401-193540_Gallery.jpg (184.5 KiB) Viewed 202 times

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:43 am

_
I like the crispy over-cooked piece on the rhs.. bring me. :P

Lamb loin chops and courgette for dinner.. was cooked just right and tasty. :P
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:14 pm

Corned beef and cabbage at my Mama’s.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:30 pm

_
3 Chicken wings and a ribeye steak, served on a steamed courgette/chilli/garlic vegetable base.

C10E6BB0-DAEC-4E92-AF50-A1190D7A2AA2.jpeg
C10E6BB0-DAEC-4E92-AF50-A1190D7A2AA2.jpeg (147.04 KiB) Viewed 172 times
MagsJ

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:30 pm

Why a small woman like you eat more meat in one dinner than me in a week?
Kvasirs Mexican gay lover(writing about a need of committing a genocide on 99 percent whites and all non-whites as a Mexican mestizo himself):
And if they are not good, what could be wrong with the genocidal fantasy in my ‘Dies Irae’, published in Day of Wrath, with a vindictive Star Child calling home 500 million Caucasoids (and of course, all non-whites, including Jews) to, ironically, make sure that Dave Lane’s words be fulfilled with the remaining Aryans?.
My step-dads schizophrenic diagnosis:
I see a disease taking over....I will not stay silent. I will do what I can, when I can.
If we do not stand then we shall fall....and the enemy will win.

Remember: the world will end, all there is that is left is to fly between Canada and Greece and have barbecues and drink vodka before you wake up at 40 and remember to have a son who will be 30 when you are 70 and whos children will be 20 when you are 90. paGAYn as fuck.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:Why a small woman like you eat more meat in one dinner than me in a week?

Parce que je suis un animal :lol:

comme ça https://www.facebook.com/538020196/post ... 406810197/
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:48 am

A PB&J (raspberry J) and French vanilla coffee.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:51 am

My veggie soup :

Use big cooking pot about half full of hot water.
1 cup of rice.
Flavor the water with chicken soup base powder.
Make sure it is strong.
The rice takes about 10 minutes.
Then add peas, broccoli, corn, green beans, and a can of french onion soup (condensed).

My video camera device had died and i then forgot where i put it.
So I can't show you a picture of the soup.
However, it is epic and ive made it more than once now.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:10 pm

Baked chicken leg dipped in ranch dressing, pineapple chucks, and peanut butter cups.

WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat