What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Ok ! I have no picture. But I’ll share my secret recipe for pasta. I have about 4 secret recipes, maybe I’ll share them later...

Ecmandu’s pasta:

Just a basic jar of your favorite marinara... I have recipes for that as well, but some are as good as mine and it’s not worth the extra effort or expense ...

So what’s left?

The noodles of course!!

I have a saying, “if your noodles aren’t a meal in and of themselves, the pasta dish isn’t worth it”

So... here’s my recipe for noodles.

Cook whatever type of noodle you enjoy. (I use quinoa)

Then... strain the water out of it.

Put it back into the pot and take 1/4 stick of butter, a small pour of maple syrup, lemon squeezed into it and oregano. Sometimes I add pepper too.

Then pour lots of marinara on top of these noodles that are a meal in and of themselves.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm

I’ll give you my lemon herb chicken platter recipe as well.

You start with a boneless chicken breast.

First you use a mallet to tenderize it.

Then you grab a fork and stab it about 100 times on both sides.

Then, you add melted butter to scrambled raw eggs.

Then, you marinate the chicken in the fridge for about 2 hours... so that the marinade really gets in there.

Then you cook it in the oven. This chicken is so tender it’s like cutting butter with a knife. The egg marinade makes the chicken expand to about twice its size. It’s ridiculous how good this chicken is.

Then I pour lemon and sprinkle oregano at the end.

You can also put lemon and oregano in the marinade before you cook it, and then use lemon and oregano at the last stage.

But this is a platter though.

Next is the rice.

I cook rice and then strain it. I add an egg and butter to it and stir it all together. Then I get the seeds of a pomegranate and add the cold seeds to the hot rice.

Then I serve collard greens cooked with garlic.

That’s my lemon herb chicken platter.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:23 pm

"You start with a boneless chicken breast"

and will this chicken have given its consent prior to its entering into this boneless state?

I didn't think so, and this fact is in direct violation of the ecmanduian theory of consent violation. Therefore you are a fraud and the theory ain't nothin but snake oil.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:27 pm

promethean75 wrote:"You start with a boneless chicken breast"

and will this chicken have given its consent prior to its entering into this boneless state?

I didn't think so, and this fact is in direct violation of the ecmanduian theory of consent violation. Therefore you are a fraud and the theory ain't nothin but snake oil.

Plants don’t consent either. Fuck those vegans who don’t know plants suffer as much as we do!

I’m making a new plan for existence man... to fix this fucking problem.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:40 pm

You stab at a cooked chicken breast a 100 times with a fork???wtf :-k :-k :-k what if you have a hungry guest over and need to cook 4 breasts? you stand there, stabbing 400 hundred times before you move onto the next steps? is everything ok???
Last edited by polishyouthgotipbanned on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:40 pm

_
Meat & two veg.. pastured/wild chicken & steamed carrot courgette and sweet-potato, finished with an olive oil and diced chilli & garlic dressing added at the end of cooking.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I’ll give you my lemon herb chicken platter recipe as well.

You start with a boneless chicken breast.

First you use a mallet to tenderize it.

Then you grab a fork and stab it about 100 times on both sides.

Then, you add melted butter to scrambled raw eggs.

Then, you marinate the chicken in the fridge for about 2 hours... so that the marinade really gets in there.

Then you cook it in the oven. This chicken is so tender it’s like cutting butter with a knife. The egg marinade makes the chicken expand to about twice its size. It’s ridiculous how good this chicken is.

Then I pour lemon and sprinkle oregano at the end.

You can also put lemon and oregano in the marinade before you cook it, and then use lemon and oregano at the last stage.

But this is a platter though.

Next is the rice.

I cook rice and then strain it. I add an egg and butter to it and stir it all together. Then I get the seeds of a pomegranate and add the cold seeds to the hot rice.

Then I serve collard greens cooked with garlic.

That’s my lemon herb chicken platter.

That pauvre, pauvre chicken, taking out all of your sexual frustrations on it seems extreme. :D
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:19 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:You stab at a cooked chicken breast a 100 times with a fork???wtf :-k :-k :-k what if you have a hungry guest over and need to cook 4 breasts? you stand there, stabbing 400 hundred times before you move onto the next steps? is everything ok???

:lol: =D>

Roasted pork and California vegetables sprinkled with Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Seafood Seasoning. I know, I know, I erroneously used a seafood seasoning on pork and veggies, but this seasoning blend doesn’t taste as good on fish. May have a few mini, chocolate eclairs for dessert.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:22 pm

dont laugh at him, one should not laugh at people and ridicule them for their weaknesses and flaws and quirks.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:28 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:dont laugh at him, one should not laugh at people and ridicule them for their weaknesses and flaws and quirks.

Papa, don’t preach!

When YOU make a funny (intentional or not), I’m gonna laugh. Can’t help it if I have a good sense of humor and appreciate peculiarities knownst or unbenownst.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:45 pm

Oh, c’mon... I need to aerate the fuck out of the chicken to get as much egg inside as possible.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:52 pm

whats funny about being a half-wit kook again? you could laugh at peoples weaknesses and vices if they had a choice in being weak and defective or not but people do not have such choice so to ridicule them for it is a form of torture and torture is immoral.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:47 pm

wrong thread.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:45 am

Edited into oblivion

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:45 pm

why wendy? I wanna hear what you have to say...my mother is one of the few people in the world I listen to seriously and attentively, even when she starts saying dumb things and inanities because females, unlike males, can never be empty and silly in what they say and do.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:01 pm

CC5CCEAA-0446-4E60-B439-DAF29B297F40.jpeg
CC5CCEAA-0446-4E60-B439-DAF29B297F40.jpeg (90.27 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Not sure what to call this dish yet and since it’s still simmering it’s taste remains something of a mystery.

1/2 lbs hamburger
1 cup onions, green peppers, yellow peppers, red peppers mixed
16 oz bag of oriental veggies
1 small can mushrooms
1 small can water chestnuts
onion powder
taco seasoning
7 oz of homestyle guacamole added last

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby promethean75 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:17 pm

that's obviously a Bulgarian stir fry.

"Papa, don’t preach!"

I'm in trouble deep. But I made up my mind; I'm keeping my baby.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:42 pm

how did you make the carrots all wavy like that?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:48 am

Baked a whole chicken.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri May 07, 2021 9:37 pm

Eggplant Parmesan, garlic bread, and mini chocolate eclairs.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Mon May 10, 2021 12:00 am

Pulled pork, cowboy beans, seven layer salad, Hawaiian rolls, green beans with bacon and onions, fruit ambrosia, shrimp cocktail, Dairy Queen ice cream cake, homemade tapioca pudding, and thin mint girl scout cookies. Fasting time now!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Mon May 10, 2021 10:25 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:how did you make the carrots all wavy like that?

Wendy did say that the vegetable mix was from a packet, so my guess would be machine cut that way..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon May 10, 2021 3:57 pm

nice. they seem so festive.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Mon May 10, 2021 4:05 pm

The Dollar Tree here has a freezer section with 1 lbs. bags of festive frozen veggies and bags of fruits for $1. They even carry 14 oz. smoked sausages for $1. I like some of their canned goods too. 1 lbs. pink Himalayan salt $1.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 pm

WendyDarling wrote:The Dollar Tree here has a freezer section with 1 lbs. bags of festive frozen veggies and bags of fruits for $1. They even carry 14 oz. smoked sausages for $1. I like some of their canned goods too. 1 lbs. pink Himalayan salt $1.

That sounds like the British version of Iceland.. a chain that offers the most £1 frozen-meals range.

https://www.iceland.co.uk/
Iceland Foods Ltd is a British supermarket chain headquartered in Deeside, Wales. It has an emphasis on the sale of frozen foods, including prepared meals and vegetables. They also sell non-frozen grocery items such as produce, meat, dairy, and dry goods.
Wikipedia
MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat