The Philosophers

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: The Philosophers

Postby iambiguous » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:52 am

Fixed Cross wrote:https://voca.ro/fBJvqrnYSEU

Hmm. Is this someone reading Hegel slowed down or someone reading Schopenhauer speeded up?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

"Gail, it’s as if someone dared 2020 to get worse, and 2020 replied: 'Just try me.' Right now I’m just sitting on my porch, awaiting a plague of locusts." Bret Stephens
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:53 am

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:59 pm

November 2014:

- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:14 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Yeah, well said actually. Mimes, puppets, clowns, all kinds of sad circus performers.

I haven’t heard of anyone running off to join the circus.. unless they were unhappy, except for the trapeze and acrobat females.. they join because they’re happy.

CF4D7A65-AE42-43F6-A6AD-20798D423272.jpeg
CF4D7A65-AE42-43F6-A6AD-20798D423272.jpeg (40.81 KiB) Viewed 35 times

Most of my old friends now let the state media speak for them and are quivering in fear when I expect them to think for themselves. Ive actually seen one shaking when asked to make a few logical steps, which would bring him close to some discernment of reality. But then this friend was already hating on me over a decade ago for paying him compliments on is artistic work of the past - he could not believe I was seriously respecting him, I had to be ironic because - who was he to be respected? Completely warped. Used to be a brilliant, warmhearted dude if a little on the fearful side.

Instead of reasoning they allow themselves to be dangled on strings through their "lives"....

It’s the lives they chose to live, and the people they then became, it seems.. as is the case for us all, on the choices that we make.. in those respects.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:06 pm

"I haven’t heard of anyone running off to join the circus.. unless they were unhappy, except for the trapeze and acrobat females.. they join because they’re happy."

A contradiction, no?

To be fair, none of my circle has ever joined the circus. Except the media circus, which they almost all have joined, meaning they're now all mindless performers, pooping out their offspring and raping it with disgusting values, such as obedience, stupidity, sadism to people who live so far away they can never form a threat - a nasty circus it is.
- Thucydides
Image -
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:09 am

Fixed Cross wrote:"I haven’t heard of anyone running off to join the circus.. unless they were unhappy, except for the trapeze and acrobat females.. they join because they’re happy."

A contradiction, no?

A chasm too.. between the melancholic performing clowns, and the sanguine exhibitionist acrobatic females.. the ringmaster, keeping them all, in check.

What is it, about the lure of the circus or the visiting fair.. when they’re in town, and the characters that unfold.. along with them.

To be fair, none of my cycle has ever joined the circus. Except the media circus, which they almost all have joined, which means they're basically dead.

Hahaha!

Sounds like either the Hall of Mirrors amusement or the Ghost Train ride, that they’ve given themselves up to.. but could also be the Lion Taming or Juggling act. :confusion-shrug:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat