What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:56 am

fake plants come on man
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:59 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:fake plants come on man

They’re stems, not whole plants tho..

I have real plants in the living room and garden.. if that makes you feel any better?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:45 am

it does

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:49 am

Lol.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby PhilosophyGirl » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:30 am

Feeling all the feels. As they say.
PhilosophyGirl
Most Hated Member

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:46 pm

PhilosophyGirl wrote:Feeling all the feels. As they say.

not sure this is healthy

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:

not sure this is healthy

Why? people need to feel their feels sometimes..
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:23 pm

My daily dance party, there may be another after supper.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:52 pm

MagsJ wrote:

I have real plants in the living room and garden.. if that makes you feel any better?

For decades, I’ve been a plant assassin but I’ve turned over a new leaf by keeping an Xmas aloe alive for two whole months. I’d like my next green child to be a dwarf fruit tree, named Harvey, with delicious nibbles on its branches. Brad, a fern of some sort, was the sole survivor of my ways but once my Aunts adopted him, he committed suicide.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:41 am

MagsJ wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:

not sure this is healthy

all of them?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:43 am

WendyDarling wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

For decades, I’ve been a plant assassin but I’ve turned over a new leaf by keeping an Xmas aloe alive for two whole months. I’d like my next green child to be a dwarf fruit tree, named Harvey, with delicious nibbles on its branches. Brad, a fern of some sort, was the sole survivor of my ways but once my Aunts adopted him, he committed suicide.

you dont really worry about the plant, you worry about the environment that its in. if it has water but the roots arent drowning, if it has its roots in a place that is cool and dark and loaded with nutrients and at the proper ph for it to take up all the ones it needs, and if the air temperature and the humidity are right, and if there is enough light and its coming in the right cycle then you can literally grow anything. ill grow a banana tree in a closet i swear to god

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:59 pm

_
On someone’s YouTube live party, right now.. but got a Tory Zoom meeting to attend. :-k

I wanna party. :|
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:12 pm

_
Also, just finished exchanging words with the cat.. he wants more food so got all vocal about it, and I gave him more.. coz he’s not a kitten but a full grown cat. Would be improper not to/to do otherwise.

Also, the Zoom won out over the YouTube party. :icon-rolleyes: but I hope the party’s still going on, after the Zoom meet ends.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:42 pm

_
Now I’m on both the Tory Zoom and the YouTube Live party. Uh oh! :P
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:51 pm

Why am I so obsessed with the older Nitzer Ebb music? Will I ever tire of it? Another daily dance party hosted by Pandora but Pandora’s DJing ability blows, =; so fast forward through Front Line Assembly and much by the Thrill Kill Kult.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Kathrina » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:19 am

Pandora? Do you mean the ILP Pandora?
ImageImageImageImage
Kathrina

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:29 am

Kathrina wrote:Pandora? Do you mean the ILP Pandora?

No, the online Pandora radio station app. although the ILP Pandora DJing for me would be interesting, to say the least.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
PhilosophyGirl said: Feeling all the feels. As they say.

not sure this is healthy
all of them?

I think that that’s dependent on the activity being experienced in the moment, i.e., in the here and now.

..all of them? well.. wouldn’t that be lit. :angry-fire:

..reminds me of the Summer of 2019 when I got stuck in flight or fight mode, but that was more to do with (over-)thinking than feeling.. now that was a real hoot.. a real energy-drainer, if ever there was one. I really got to know the real me, but not the right thing to do.. that came after.
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:52 am

Kinda freakin out over how ILP posters have physically changed over the years, matured in some respects, rebelled in others. Wow, over a decade has passed but the happiest aspect of my realization is that it doesn’t seem that long, funny thing...time and our distortions of it.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:45 pm

still seems pretty much the same to me

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:59 pm

_
..Summer of 2019, stuck in flight or fight
..Summer of 2020, stuck in the house lol
..Summer of 2021..?

:lol:
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:18 am

MagsJ wrote:_
..Summer of 2019, stuck in flight or fight
..Summer of 2020, stuck in the house lol
..Summer of 2021..?

:lol:

How were you stuck in fight or flight mode for an entire summer? kidnapping?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:02 am

WendyDarling wrote:How were you stuck in fight or flight mode for an entire summer? kidnapping?

What!! kidnapping? What!

After spending a day with me, I think any kidnapper would probably let me go, and then take a deep sigh of relief. :lol:
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:12 am

MagsJ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:How were you stuck in fight or flight mode for an entire summer? kidnapping?

What!! kidnapping? What!

After spending a day with me, I think any kidnapper would probably let me go, and then take a deep sigh of relief. :lol:

So what put you in fight/flight mode for an entire summer?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:47 pm

WendyDarling wrote:So what put you in fight/flight mode for an entire summer?

“If you’re under chronic stress, then your body may be in a perpetual state of fight or flight.. when stressors are always present, that fight-or-flight reaction stays turned on”.

The stressor was an internal not an external one, brought about by my allergy. I looked up how to get out of fight or flight mode and did it religiously, until it subsided.
MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat