What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Magnus Anderson » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:42 am

What kind of coding?
"Let's keep the debate about poor people in the US specifically. It's the land of opportunity. So everyone has an opportunity. That means everyone can get money. So some people who don't have it just aren't using thier opportunities, and then out of those who are using them, then most squander what they gain through poor choices, which keeps them poor. It's no one else's fault. The end."

Mr. Reasonable
Magnus Anderson
Philosopher

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:54 am

every damn form had to be electronic now
since everyone is working and studying from home
heh they should have been made so ages ago
but the pandemic has forced the hand of these decrepit institutions
so i've been making a lot of them
i've been working on framework stuff tonight
which is nice
i much prefer working on the server side
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Wondering what man’s greatest sin is? Self deceit?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Attachments
20210108_150922.jpg
20210108_150922.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 157 times
20210108_150850.jpg
20210108_150850.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 157 times
20210108_150821.jpg
20210108_150821.jpg (45.14 KiB) Viewed 157 times
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote: i mean serious question. im 41 years old. ive lived a full life. ive been all around the world. ive gotten away with hardly having to work for most all of my adult life. i have spent years living in a way that has afforded me the ability to own most all of my time and do almost anything that i want. i have a robust and satisfying social life. i have never had to be inauthentic in order to move about as i please. i have enjoyed near complete freedom and have spent years and years in a state of near self actualization. i dont feel stress or suffer from anxiety about things. i have almost never had to deal with any negative consequences of any substance for being myself.

Ever and always: the man every woman wants, the man every other man wants to be.

I truly suspect that is basically the only reason he comes here at all: to remind us of this.

Our very own rendition of this: https://youtu.be/IxgiTeXKOOc
Or, sure, perhaps, Tyler Durden's rendition: https://youtu.be/exL51n3py6g

As though any of this has anything at all to do with the questions that I pose and the answers that I suggest in my signature threads. And this of course is why I am here. But, over the years, I have watched ILP devolve into, well, whatever it is today.

Mr Reasonable wrote: do you really believe that a kook who is stuck in a philosophical loop, or an angry, sad old man who cant keep his life together calling me names like elementary school children on an obscure web forum does anything other than make me giggle for a moment before i forget all about it and move on with my day?

Again, that I reduce him down to posting insipid Stooge stuff like this speaks considerably more about his reaction to me than my reaction to him. As I have noted many times, I am not in an angry, sad philosophical loop. I spend only a few hours a day doing this. The rest of time I am wallowing in distractions that still bring me considerable satisfaction and fulfilment. He has all the advantages of relative youth of course but that's just a manifestation of the brute facticity built into reality itself. One day he will be "old".

Mr Reasonable wrote: the answer to that question is more interesting to me than any of your dasein/conflicting goods stuff could ever be. i really am interested in understanding the mindset of someone who could manage to come to the conclusion that i give a shit. hence i suppose the reason that i am willing to take this moment to explore it.

Exactly! Only he refuses to explore it, doesn't he: "nah bruh im good"

Like this is just one more of his many "yak, yak, yak" exchanges with those here like Pedro.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:52 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote: i mean serious question. im 41 years old. ive lived a full life. ive been all around the world. ive gotten away with hardly having to work for most all of my adult life. i have spent years living in a way that has afforded me the ability to own most all of my time and do almost anything that i want. i have a robust and satisfying social life. i have never had to be inauthentic in order to move about as i please. i have enjoyed near complete freedom and have spent years and years in a state of near self actualization. i dont feel stress or suffer from anxiety about things. i have almost never had to deal with any negative consequences of any substance for being myself.

Ever and always: the man every woman wants, the man every other man wants to be.

I truly suspect that is basically the only reason he comes here at all: to remind us of this.

As though any of this has anything at all to do with the questions that I pose and the answers that I suggest in my signature threads. And this of course is why I am here. But, over the years, I have watched ILP devolve into, well, whatever it is today.

Mr Reasonable wrote: do you really believe that a kook who is stuck in a philosophical loop, or an angry, sad old man who cant keep his life together calling me names like elementary school children on an obscure web forum does anything other than make me giggle for a moment before i forget all about it and move on with my day?

Again, that I reduce him down to posting insipid Stooge stuff like this speaks considerably more about his reaction to me than my reaction to him. As I have noted many times, I am not in an angry, sad philosophical loop. I spend only a few hours a day doing this. The rest of time I am wallowing in distractions that still bring me considerable satisfaction and fulfilment. He has all the advantages of relative youth of course but that's just a manifestation of the brute facticity built into reality itself. One day he will be "old".

Mr Reasonable wrote: the answer to that question is more interesting to me than any of your dasein/conflicting goods stuff could ever be. i really am interested in understanding the mindset of someone who could manage to come to the conclusion that i give a shit. hence i suppose the reason that i am willing to take this moment to explore it.

Like this is just one more of his many "yak, yak, yak" exchanges with those here like Pedro.

Mr. refuses to explore your deluded framework of his inferiority and delusions, rather his sole interest is why your delusions rest on his delusions? Why Biggie? Being in denial of one’s inferiority is not a competition although you seem to think it is.

Also like your delusion that you only spend a couple hours a day involved in ILP affairs is believed by anyone but you.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:59 pm

I am feeling philosophically frisky. Can that be a thing, my thing, today?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby promethean75 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 pm

I'm sorry. 'Philosophically frisky'? You mean like G. E. Moore frisky?
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:34 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
iambiguous wrote:

Mr. refuses to explore your deluded framework of his inferiority and delusions, rather his sole interest is why your delusions rest on his delusions? Why Biggie? Being in denial of one’s inferiority is not a competition although you seem to think it is.

Also like your delusion that you only spend a couple hours a day involved in ILP affairs is believed by anyone but you.

I'll take this here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... iambiguous
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:35 pm

WendyDarling wrote:I am feeling philosophically frisky. Can that be a thing, my thing, today?

We'll need a context of course. You know, over on the philosophy board.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:14 am

promethean75 wrote:I'm sorry. 'Philosophically frisky'? You mean like G. E. Moore frisky?

Who or what is G E Moore? My first thought was a love child between home appliance manufacturers?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:59 am

promethean75 wrote:I'm sorry. 'Philosophically frisky'? You mean like G. E. Moore frisky?

here is a hand
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:59 am

WendyDarling wrote:

Who or what is G E Moore? My first thought was a love child between home appliance manufacturers?

he's the dude who the moorean fact is named after
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:46 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

he's the dude who the moorean fact is named after

So in my terms, understanding the gist is proof enough.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 am

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:03 am

its an argument against skepticism and in favor of common sense. like here is a riot. you could just not believe moorean facts, and you could abandon common sense, and you could throw occam's razor in the trash and take up a complex theory to account for something that is actually simple. that's what happens when people watch something like this and convince themselves that this isn't trump supporters violently attempting to overthrow the capitol.

like where are the sneaky antifas that are the real bad guys here? why would a group that hates trump interrupt a process that was about to certify his loss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8Ms ... e=emb_logo

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:39 am

Antifa hates the USA and wants this country to rip apart. They didn’t want anyone certified and if they can cause chaos and get Trump supporters blamed in the process, all the better. Charlie Kirk reported that the facial recognition program used by the cameras inside Capitol Hill already identified two antifa members. Can’t remember if the episode of that show was broadcasted later during the day it happened or the next day. I guess there’s footage of Capitol Hill security removing the pedestrian barriers so people would be able to go up to the capitol. Why would security remove barriers if this wasn’t a coordinated staged effort between Antifa and the security? I have not been watching much, America is dead, the Chinese can come pick its bones. I am sad but also inspired to see to the American dream elsewhere.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:50 pm

Not being productive.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:07 pm

Ha! #-o I didn't realize that when your phone is not in use and web pages are not active, that you are still logged on indefinitely. How about those optics of always being on ILP? Looks like I got Biggie beat, ah, time well spent!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:28 am

WendyDarling wrote:Antifa hates the USA and wants this country to rip apart. They didn’t want anyone certified and if they can cause chaos and get Trump supporters blamed in the process, all the better. Charlie Kirk reported that the facial recognition program used by the cameras inside Capitol Hill already identified two antifa members. Can’t remember if the episode of that show was broadcasted later during the day it happened or the next day. I guess there’s footage of Capitol Hill security removing the pedestrian barriers so people would be able to go up to the capitol. Why would security remove barriers if this wasn’t a coordinated staged effort between Antifa and the security? I have not been watching much, America is dead, the Chinese can come pick its bones. I am sad but also inspired to see to the American dream elsewhere.

charlie kirk? did he substantiate that claim or cite a source? he's a known bullshitter and his politics are radical af.

there are literally 100s of videos from all angles that you can watch for yourself. you dont have to let charlie kirk tell you what happened.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:25 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Antifa hates the USA and wants this country to rip apart. They didn’t want anyone certified and if they can cause chaos and get Trump supporters blamed in the process, all the better. Charlie Kirk reported that the facial recognition program used by the cameras inside Capitol Hill already identified two antifa members. Can’t remember if the episode of that show was broadcasted later during the day it happened or the next day. I guess there’s footage of Capitol Hill security removing the pedestrian barriers so people would be able to go up to the capitol. Why would security remove barriers if this wasn’t a coordinated staged effort between Antifa and the security? I have not been watching much, America is dead, the Chinese can come pick its bones. I am sad but also inspired to see to the American dream elsewhere.

charlie kirk? did he substantiate that claim or cite a source? he's a known bullshitter and his politics are radical af.

there are literally 100s of videos from all angles that you can watch for yourself. you dont have to let charlie kirk tell you what happened.

They named their source which was the facial recognition software companies name which I can’t remember. Oh right, your a super human facial recognition software program and operator all in one. GTFO

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:50 am

im asking if kirk proved his claim i dont think you need facial recognition software to see what was happening there. i mean they planned this on parler for a month. they planned it in broad daylight. you can watch the video for yourself.

do you believe that charlie kirk is honest? or that he is an unbiased source? or that you are better off listening to him than you are looking at something for yourself?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:56 am

i mean tons of these people who are known trumpers on social media have been identified and arrested already.

did you see how many people stormed the building? like you believe that a couple of leftists somehow got into that crowd and convinced all those other people...like 1000 of them to do all that illegal shit on camera? that just seems way far fetched. i mean its on camera.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:11 am

its like this really
Attachments
20210109_013519.jpg
20210109_013519.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 74 times

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:im asking if kirk proved his claim i dont think you need facial recognition software to see what was happening there. i mean they planned this on parler for a month. they planned it in broad daylight. you can watch the video for yourself.

do you believe that charlie kirk is honest? or that he is an unbiased source? or that you are better off listening to him than you are looking at something for yourself?

Well, my point and Kirks point, and the point of the facial recognition company wasn’t simply about what was happening, but who was making it happen. No point in arguing with children of the lie, with evil. The spiritually destitute do not recognize truth.

WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat