What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:43 am

Yes, Phon, your suggestion has helped to make me consider more the technique I’d like to try...pointillism. No subject yet, maybe some kind of landscape. My drawing abilities leave a helluva lot to be desired so not sure what will be traced out. Hmmm, how to place spiritual idealism on canvas dot by dot? Definitely won’t be done by Xmas. I’ll post a picture in my M&M with Nuts thread in the arts forum when I’m done. Fingers crossed this doesn’t take five years.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:17 am

von Rivers wrote:Moving furniture in -50C, if you count wind chill

thats too cold man u can die out there
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:20 am

promethean75 wrote:The time has come for the shadow rider to take the test and get his motorcycle license. The permit lasts for a year, with the chance to extend it six more months.

Now answer me this: why would you need to prove you are able to safely operate a motorcycle if you've clearly demonstrated you are able to by the fact that you've been riding it for eighteen months?

Are you able to operate this machine safely, sir?

I'm sittin here on it, ain't I? The fuck you think?

so that someone can get paid.

in alabama, at least back in the day, you could get your motorcycle license at 14, a learner's permit for driving a car (with a parent in the car) at 15, and a regular driver's license at 16. i got the motorcycle license when i was 14 and didnt get a permit or drivers license until i was nearly 18 and just rode this 1986 honda XL250 everywhere. good times.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:21 am

iambiguous wrote:
von Rivers wrote:Massive water leak forced my hand

Et tu, von?

The yak yak yak, social media poop thread?!

ILP sure needs more of that, eh? :lol:

u a hater bruh

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 am

ah yes, memories of a man's first motorcycle. it was a Kawasaki I wanna say. the small soft tail harley look alike, burgundy, something like a 400. does that sound right? I don't remember the make. I was living in muncie Indiana beside ball state university (david Letterman), and I knew a sketchy nam vet who bought big weight in weed (I had nothing to do with that) and always had some kind of hustle going. he had the bike with waaaaay expired Florida tags on it... and offered me such a low price because it had no paper work and no history. cant remember how he put it, but it wasn't stolen, I know that.

I'm driving it without a license (never got one) and with the expired tags on it. one night I'm on my way to meet a girl, 20, who was gonna sneak out of the house. well it never happened. I got to the end of the driveway but she never showed.

a minute down the road blue lights go on behind me. without thinking I twisted it and zipped off into an unknown neighbor and tried to lose him in the turns. this lasted about fifteen seconds and then I hit a dead end. it came up so fast i wasn't able to try and turn around. dude was right on my back wheel the whole time. and I'll tell you it's scary as shit to hear a patrol car behind you gunning the engine. you know he's about to hit you any second.

I slowed as fast as a could and just jumped off, trying to lay it down as I did so it wouldnt crash. I ended up getting away but I had to make may way back ninja style on foot because I saw search cars in the area.

the next day I called Gary and told him what happened. incidentally he had just found the paper work for the bike at that same time. so he calls the police, reports the bike stolen, goes and gets it, then gives it back to me the next day. they showed him the dash video of the chase and he was like nope, I dunno who that is. lol.

I ended selling it for $650 and bought a 21 speed GT. people I was living with were driving to NC to visit relatives, so they towed me and the bike. I got dropped off in wilkesboro and rode my bike up 421 to Boone. for three weeks I could barely walk because my leg muscles were all fucked up. like a dumbass I thought I could just hop on a mountain bike and ride seventy miles up a mountain without any training.

and that, my friend, is the end of my story.

for now.....
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:08 am

dude i have a few good ones about people having to report their own vehicles stolen. some really funny shit. 70 miles on a bicycle is too much. i hadn't ridden one since i was a kid and said fuck it last summer and went something like 28 miles on one and im pretty sure im just gonna sell it now

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:56 am

Jazzed about an incoming delivery tomorrow, Plato’s Complete Works Part One. The last time I read a non fiction book from cover to cover with enthusiasm has not happened in over a decade. I’m excited to have my mind blown!

Gear up for a bunch of Plato inspired threads “bitches” (as Phon says), we sorely need some cuz I haven’t seen any ever that I can remember being directly linked.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:13 am

its just a bunch of guys talking to each other

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:20 am

the important stuff is like form vs content, the socratic method, and the problem of one over many bit.

the rest of it is all entertainment. dont bother trying to wax philosophical about what u think justice or beauty or love or good are. thats where the poetic types get caught up and they miss the actual philosophy thats in there. people get all in their feels about good and evil and power and beauty and justice and by doing so literally not doing philosophy. enjoy the filler, but dont think that that stuff is the point.

like people getting phds that are writing dissertations on irony and shit

it kills me
Last edited by Mr Reasonable on Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:20 pm

I figured out the drums on 'air blower' and I don't even have a drum kit. I could play the shit out of this song man. I mean I could hold the beat. I wouldn't get the fills right though.

Listen to how crisp those rudiments are... and that switch to the ride cymbal in the next measure.

https://streamable.com/9vqpip
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Boiling raisins.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Wishing all “Happy Holidays!” :angelic-blueglow: :occasion-santa: :occasion-snowman: :occasion-xmas: :romance-heartsthree: :text-merryxmas:

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:23 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Boiling raisins.

lolwtf why

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Boiling raisins.

lolwtf why

They soak up the water and return to a juicier state, the outer skin softens and once in desserts, they melt in your mouth rather than being on the chewier side. They were added to my Great Aunt’s Noodle Strudel recipe to be served for our family’s Christmas meal.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:11 am

_
OMG, I love a good strudel :P

Watching Brexit being delivered, and enduring my cat wanting to be glued to my side. :icon-rolleyes:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:33 am

im not a cook i just eat food so ill take your word for it

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 am

Wondering if Brexit was good in Mags opinion? Interested in some details.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:10 am

WendyDarling wrote:Wondering if Brexit was good in Mags opinion? Interested in some details.

Better than expected.. especially expectations coming from,
those cheating lieing Brussels scum!
_

A post-Brexit agreement on trade and other issues has been agreed, just a week before the transition period between the UK and the EU comes to an end.

It avoids the disruption of a no-deal Brexit in the middle of the Covid pandemic, and marks a new era after more than 40 years of UK membership of the European Union.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55252388
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:59 am

365 new days. 365 new chances.

:text-happynewyear:

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Jakob » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:09 am

For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:42 pm

I'm shopping for a dog. Prolly gonna get a short leg german shepherd puppy from a breeder. What am I looking at here? About $400-$600 bucks?

Or there's Greg, on the other hand. Look how he holds his head up for that pic. $250. Ain't bad if he's got all his shots already handled.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 am

Ah, get a Maltipoo because they are smart, hypo allergenic, barely shed, small enough to fly as carry on, small poops, playful, cuddly, cute as hell, woman and children love them because they always look like a puppy, if they get attacked or injured, they can easily be carried, 16 yr lifespan, and mine was $600 and he had all his puppy shots and was potty trained in two months. The only major drawback is they need to be groomed every couple months.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:19 am

_
Prom with a Maltipoo? Never! :shock: lol
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:26 am

Also forgot in my sales pitch, they smell good as opposed to most dogs.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby phoneutria » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:40 am

prom once committed a felony
just so that the police would bring their german sheppards out
so he could pet them
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat