What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby iambiguous » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Who hurt you?


Here, I'll let him explain: https://youtu.be/3wAm2HAx7i0
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38487
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:33 pm

Is that Stevie Ray Smears on the strat a couple posts up?
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:27 am

Id buy that for a dollar. Enviable skills.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:55 am

It happens when you get a guitar before you're old enough to drive. I can ramble on indefinitely so long as someone keeps the beat.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:15 am

iambiguous wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
Who hurt you?


Here, I'll let him explain: https://youtu.be/3wAm2HAx7i0


I watched like 10 seconds of that and had to turn it off. I don't know what the message is, but the delivery was repulsive.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby iambiguous » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
I watched like 10 seconds of that and had to turn it off. I don't know what the message is, but the delivery was repulsive.


On this thread, given the OP, what could that possibly even mean?!

How about we take it to the philosophy board? There, among other things, we could discuss instances of misogyny here
at ILP. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38487
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:It happens when you get a guitar before you're old enough to drive. I can ramble on indefinitely so long as someone keeps the beat.

You are like actually civilized and cultured. Most of us here are strictly barbarian.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:45 am

iambiguous wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:
I watched like 10 seconds of that and had to turn it off. I don't know what the message is, but the delivery was repulsive.


On this thread, given the OP, what could that possibly even mean?!

How about we take it to the philosophy board? There, among other things, we could discuss instances of misogyny here
at ILP. :wink:



Do you do this to people that you encounter in real life? Like you walk past a few guys talking about sports and you insist that they have a "serious philosophy conversation" with you, and then when someone bites you just do that whole circular bit that you've been stuck in for years until they deem you a flawed thinker unable to see the forest for the trees just before you pat yourself on the back and credit yourself with the win? It's weird man. Social skills are important. You've got to work on that.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:46 am

Fixed Cross wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:It happens when you get a guitar before you're old enough to drive. I can ramble on indefinitely so long as someone keeps the beat.

You are like actually civilized and cultured. Most of us here are strictly barbarian.


I'm not sure whether this is some epic level sarcasm or if it's an actual compliment. If the former, congrats on that. If the latter, thanks, I would say I try, but I don't try very much.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 am

The great philosopher Kanye West once said, "When you try hard, that's when you die hard."
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby iambiguous » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:

Do you do this to people that you encounter in real life? Like you walk past a few guys talking about sports and you insist that they have a "serious philosophy conversation" with you, and then when someone bites you just do that whole circular bit that you've been stuck in for years until they deem you a flawed thinker unable to see the forest for the trees just before you pat yourself on the back and credit yourself with the win? It's weird man. Social skills are important. You've got to work on that.


Nope. Discussions of philosophy only occur to me when I am in a venue created for the very purpose of discussing philosophy. For all that stuff the sports buffs crave there's ESPN, Facebook, Twitter and the zillions of other outlets that cater to their need for the latest scores.

Or, rather, there will be once we have sports again.

Social skills? Don't need them anymore. That was for a time when I actually had social interactions. But that's embedded in a "personal problem", embodied in dasein.

I know, let's take that to the philosophy board. :wink:

Besides, you are still that cool, sophisticated dude every woman wants, and every man wants to be. And that surely transcends philosophy.

Speaking of which, say hello to Marla Singer for me. :lol:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38487
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:31 pm

Only the best can survive the battle Royale of fallout 76's nuclear winter tournament. After the nuclear war, the vault decided to hold a competition to see who was fit to be the next overseer. this champion would lead the rebuilding of the new world. And that champion is going to be me.

Before entering you are assigned a random four member team, which is done in the tournament registration district. This can sometimes take several minutes though. Sometimes I wanna just put my superhero suit on and say fuck the fight... let's just party. But when you got moves like me you can do that.

https://streamable.com/0p9nxk

https://streamable.com/98460k

Others I'm afraid are not fond of this idea, as you will see. There's so many haters in this game....

https://streamable.com/bfkrmp
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:19 am

promethean75 wrote:Magsj, whatever you buy, if you plan on actually writing and recording anything, look carefully at what you are buying because not everything can do that. Some electric beat box devices don't have that capability.

Here's an old ass video of me showing the beat maker go app dashboard: https://sendvid.com/987nvw99

Now you gotta think about this. If you are using the app on a tablet rather than a phone, the pads are much bigger.

Way to go, in putting another obstacle in the way of my purchase. :|

I’ll check out the video, but I can’t assure I’ll understand it.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 20864
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:31 am

iambiguous wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:

Do you do this to people that you encounter in real life? Like you walk past a few guys talking about sports and you insist that they have a "serious philosophy conversation" with you, and then when someone bites you just do that whole circular bit that you've been stuck in for years until they deem you a flawed thinker unable to see the forest for the trees just before you pat yourself on the back and credit yourself with the win? It's weird man. Social skills are important. You've got to work on that.


Nope. Discussions of philosophy only occur to me when I am in a venue created for the very purpose of discussing philosophy. For all that stuff the sports buffs crave there's ESPN, Facebook, Twitter and the zillions of other outlets that cater to their need for the latest scores.

Or, rather, there will be once we have sports again.

Social skills? Don't need them anymore. That was for a time when I actually had social interactions. But that's embedded in a "personal problem", embodied in dasein.

I know, let's take that to the philosophy board. :wink:

Besides, you are still that cool, sophisticated dude every woman wants, and every man wants to be. And that surely transcends philosophy.

Speaking of which, say hello to Marla Singer for me. :lol:


I have no idea who Marla Singer is.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:33 am

promethean75 wrote:Only the best can survive the battle Royale of fallout 76's nuclear winter tournament. After the nuclear war, the vault decided to hold a competition to see who was fit to be the next overseer. this champion would lead the rebuilding of the new world. And that champion is going to be me.

Before entering you are assigned a random four member team, which is done in the tournament registration district. This can sometimes take several minutes though. Sometimes I wanna just put my superhero suit on and say fuck the fight... let's just party. But when you got moves like me you can do that.

https://streamable.com/0p9nxk

https://streamable.com/98460k

Others I'm afraid are not fond of this idea, as you will see. There's so many haters in this game....

https://streamable.com/bfkrmp



I had a roommate once who played fallout 3, and while I was in a drunken stupor he convinced me to create a character. It's the only video game I've really played since Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I played it for a while and killed pretty much everything in the game, then it got boring and I gave it away with the xbox and all that. I'm just not cut out to spend that much time doing that stuff man. It makes me insane.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:48 pm

It's the only video game I've really played since Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

They don't make em like that anymore.
See this is what I mean with cultured.

I think 3d games are gutter trash.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:59 pm

I mean, 3d engine games.

I had a discussion about this with Parodites, who didn't think it was reasonable to just reject that entire field of human creativity.
But it makes me depressed.
These games all have the sense of wanting to replace reality with a more satisfying version. But then the choices which are made to replace reality with are so godforsaken sad.
Plus its is boring, that whole setup of blubbering through a prefab environment pretending like you're discovering things.
That was fun when it was cute, small, fairy tale like. But when it started to pretend being serious, it started to numb minds.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: What are you doing?

Postby iambiguous » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:I have no idea who Marla Singer is.


Right. Like [above] you never heard of Tyler Durden. Trust me though, them and their ilk know all about you and your ilk.

If me and my ilk do say so ourselves. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: a post from Pedro?
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 38487
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:04 pm

In fact I would say only someone like Parodites, and in a certain way Sauwelios, only true dedicated Hermits, would be justified in having an FPS in their life.

For general "3D games" I make an exception of GTA because every rule has to have an exception and this is clearly it. Still the same emotional rules apply. It sucks, from an astral level. Its so much less than free flowing mindscaping or even lucid dreaming and it has literally nothing to offer on top of it.

Also GTA can easily be hacked and you get access to the whole engine. Thats gives access to something which could technically become an important artform for the post-postmodernist revival of psychoanalysis.

If Freud would be bored with an imaginative environment, it is not really there for you.

Also all top down games of the Sim City, Civilization and Chess paradigm are flatview "2D games" and take place on an Archeypical level. Intelligence has more than a marginal, reactive involvement. You're not training for the mindset of a trivial goon. True nerds will have proper lives with them.

You have to have (I have to) a philosophy about video games, or you're (Im) not really a philosopher of the game in which video games take place.

I would like to be doctor of video gaming.
Ive been there in the epic of its rising from primitive to complete. I really know it because I had Mike Tysons Punch Out as my 5th NES game. Before the NES I had an Atari for a short while but my grandma knowed, from the tv commercials that she could do us a big favour. The store owner was so proud of the existence of the NES in his store, that he took the Atari back and reached over to the open attic (he was very tall) and got the nintendo box.

That was a good day.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:49 pm

007-373-5963
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Truth. I always went back to Glass Joe though if I got KOd because it was so much fun beating up all these idiots.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: What are you doing?

Postby mannequin01 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:08 am

4am. No food here, everything shut. Starving!

Fuck.
User avatar
mannequin01
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:41 am

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:35 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Truth. I always went back to Glass Joe though if I got KOd because it was so much fun beating up all these idiots.


Remember the power glove?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26757
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: What are you doing?

Postby promethean75 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:59 pm

promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3571
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Fixed Cross » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:Truth. I always went back to Glass Joe though if I got KOd because it was so much fun beating up all these idiots.


Remember the power glove?

Only from Nintendo Power.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10964
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users