What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:02 pm

Deep cleaning for a week long guest, my Dad. I may get my fishing license so Dad, my Uncle, and I can go out on the Mississippi to their infamous, catfish hole. Guess we’ll see since it’s been raining a lot.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:23 am

_
Back! from a Local Council event, where upon hearing the final result we rushed off for drinks, us Four.

My first drinks-foray out, since the last lockdown last November.. or maybe my second.

Time to continue drafting these meeting minutes.. :sleeping-sleep:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:49 am

Thinking about a math trick a Youtube video taught me about making percentages easy. Can someone quiz me? Let’s see if it works for whole numbers.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:14 am

MagsJ wrote:_
Back! from a Local Council event, where upon hearing the final result we rushed off for drinks, us Four.

My first drinks-foray out, since the last lockdown last November.. or maybe my second.

you should have just come to america to a republican majority state. in alabama everyone bitched and moaned about lockdowns, but no one actually locked down
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_

you should have just come to america to a republican majority state. in alabama everyone bitched and moaned about lockdowns, but no one actually locked down

I make for a good British Conservative, but I’m not sure if I would make for a good Republican.. I think that they do need to resolve the 'American' issue, but they don’t.. or don’t know how. Living under racial tensions ain’t no way to live.. well, I wouldn’t want to, personally.

We were proper locked-down here.. apart from the protests.. the revolutionists, that the whole of the U.K. has come to admire. When conspiracy theories go mainstream, ha!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:58 pm

it's pretty much the primary feature of the american right wing to be racist nowadays.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:it's pretty much the primary feature of the american right wing to be racist nowadays.

The racism is two-sided tho.. I’m not oblivious to that fact.. and no self-sought/conceived plan-of-revenge is sitting right with me.. the same as during the similar situation in South Africa.

Does an action, justify an unethical means? it doesn’t for me.. on any side. I hope that things ease up, in the coming days and weeks, for America.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:19 pm

two wrongs don't make a right.

the fundamental questions that the american right wing is afraid to answer about crt is simply, "should we teach kids about the genocide of native americans, and about african american slavery?"

they are bending over backward and 100s of fringe media outlets are in full on spaz-out mode about this. they're making the idea of teaching truthful history into a controversial issue. i don't think it should be.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:29 pm

"Truth and unlimited Capital are inversely proportional"

-chilling and reflecting:

Even if they say to you, yeah but if they had the dough, you'd be singing another tune , even the i'd tell'n that it wouldn't make no difference cause the other way with a deflating doll,(ar) the experience would entail a point of no return for the doll. In other words , the old money could not get a hard - loan to finance the next generation.
Meno_
breathless

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:00 pm

A day of self-reflection.

ILP and Knowthyself are both helping me evolve.

Wow! When I first started reading ILP posts during 2009, my mind was overwhelmed by new ideas and the multiplicity of perspectives, many I would never gather on my own, let alone share.

Thank you.

So, in myself was a keyhole that I hadn't peered through. Dang, eye opening. Intent, I see you. Now I'm working to build the key.

From everything I have experienced here and there, intent, my intent is most important. Yes, quite often I am frustrated and angered by other minds. A general, overarching unhappiness forming many thoughts and ideas from others, sometimes from myself. I reflect that unhappiness too because it's easier to reflect it than fight it. Hell yes, I want to vent, to ridicule whatever it is that is trying to wield my unrecognized intent into my being a monster. Opposing energies do that. They skillfully bade us into unbecoming.

More and more lately, I am weighing what is being written with a new caring, having compassion for both minds, theirs and my own. Until recently, I didn't get that a good intention goes a long way within. Forget about the other person, their opposition. I am all I need. No other approval needed, only my own, the hardest to win.

Whatever another's intent may seem, my intent will be aimed at maintaining an inner calm, a clear headedness with only a positive outcome for me. No letting my ego respond. Additional things I now realize, there is more internal damnation than meets the eye in everyone. And my adding external strife to convince or "wake up' another, only immediately diminishes my inner health, wasting my energy.

Regulating my intent as a top priority, adds conscientiousness to my actions that I hadn't considered would bring forth such a change in perspective. So, yaay me and all the friggin' rewrites I'll have to make to post exactly what you'd expect...high mindedness and sophistication. :-k

No forum is ideal in my opinion, and from the non-ideal we learn, during a day of self-reflection.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:19 pm

_
..wondering where Prom is.. I like when he calls Peter, Keter.

Oh and watching the football, of course.. it’s finally come home, 55 years later.. 1/Nil to ENG/ITA, scored in the first minute from kick off. https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 2&t=197169
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:57 am

Wanting to start a bunch of new threads but my energy is kaput.

-Sex Dimorphism

-Nothing Goes To Waste-my attempt to prove that in nature nothing goes to waste, nothing becomes nothing which would apply to consciousness, in effect proving the existence of an afterlife(the continuation of consciousness) after the physical body expires

-Disproof of Darwin-who I haven’t studied yet but if Darwin spoke of an evolutionary change in kind that might be interesting since there may not be any evolutionary proof for a change in kind.

-Chaos vs. Order-woman as chaos, man as order

-Childhood Dementia

[Edit:Tomorrow, once my houseguest leaves and my PC is once again ‘all mine,’ I’ll begin work on the list above and a few more waiting in my draft file.]

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:51 pm

In the first third of a dance party for one, taking a wee break to rehydrate.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby encode_decode » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:59 am

Actually...

Wondering about this...what in the actual...apparently this is a thing - for a minute I thought it was just a meme.
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Wondering when I’m going to crash?

Sang happy birthday to my Mama at midnight (won our families’ competition to be the first to share birthday wishes), awoke at 4am, walked Cotton around our neighborhood, dance partied, played Heroes of Might & Magic, waited hours before any businesses opened, did errands at six places, and am home by 10 am.

An afternoon nap may be needed before I join family for my Mama’s birthday dinner out.

So far, today has been excellent! :D

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:46 pm

encode_decode wrote:Actually...

Wondering about this...what in the actual...apparently this is a thing - for a minute I thought it was just a meme.

i went to some place that had this bowl of mac and cheese, full of chunks of pork belly, and topped with a whole shit load of flaming hot cheeto dust like bread crumbs. was pretty legit.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:57 pm

6 hours on a motorcycle today all through the hills and such. thinking of ordering some wingstop.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:46 pm

_
..enjoying the silence. :happy-sunshine:

When people want to fill their head with noise to drown out their demons, they fill everybody else’s head around them with noise too, and selfishly so. I have secured the area, and set booby-traps. :lol:
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:21 pm

is that a depeche mode song?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:32 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:is that a depeche mode song?

Without the “ing”, yes. Heard it live in punland.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:50 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:is that a depeche mode song?

It’s not just a song, but an action.. the silence is great.. tho achieving it is an art-form.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:51 am

one of those places i went a few weeks ago can get so quiet in some spots that you can hear your eyes blink

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:33 am

Inching towards actually painting.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby derleydoo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:46 am

Preparing to listen to the man labeled, "World's most powerful man".

There are those who would have me believe the man is senile.

Thought I would take the opportunity to decide for myself.

I am under the impression he is speaking live from Cincinatti. :-k
derleydoo
Thinker

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:49 am

derleydoo wrote:Preparing to listen to the man labeled, "World's most powerful man".

There are those who would have me believe the man is senile.

Thought I would take the opportunity to decide for myself.

I am under the impression he is speaking live from Cincinatti. :-k

K: I cannot listen to him without anti nausea medicine..

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat