What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 11, 2021 6:03 pm

John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Or in this case, him?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue May 11, 2021 6:04 pm

promethean75 wrote:All this over Marijuana, no less. I don't care if u had a barge full of Marijuana. It's just Marijuana.

I've never seen such a compounded mess of nonsense. They keep Marijuana illegal and then try to fry him in court... then his lawyers come along and for a few hunerd thousand, make it all disappear.

That's like three wrongs in a row. Lol this country is such a joke.

it hasn't completely disappeared yet, but that pardon app is in and they're telling me that my chances are very good so we'll see.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby promethean75 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:08 pm

"maybe you get lucky and a couple of 14 year olds will be coming back from school and you can take them on a ride???"

Bro I can't even interact with a minor unless there is an adult around who has performed a retina scan and dna swab on me first.

Yo but my dealer is a 23 year old bombshell and I'm tryna holla at her. If I get her on the bike, I'll post some pictures of the tail end for u.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Tue May 11, 2021 6:09 pm

iambiguous wrote:John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Or in this case, him?

and? did I say anything about stoning him you idiot???i leave stoning to paGAYns...I think stoning is a barbaric method of butchering somebody and I would be against using it or any other form of torture and humiliation towards anybody, irrelevant of his or her crime you kook spook...
Proverbs 21:15
When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

a castration is necessary because he evidently has little control over his perverted sexual urges and as such allowing him to express them can lead to nothing good in the long run and should be taken away from him and he should be publically punished, not as an act of vengeance, but as an act of cultural hygiene and justice where the healthy part of the society warns other pervs and deadbeat goons and shows its ability and sap to punish them for their behavior and harms them as they have harmed others.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:34 pm

I shall not submit to this punishment because y'all didn't give me the option of exile like they did Socrates.

If u did I might be like nah u know what I'll do the honorable thing and sacrifice myself for the ignorance of men, but y'all were like no u gotta stay (and give us your address) so we're gonna cut ur ding-a-ling off.

Fuck that and fuck u.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Tue May 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Who is talking to you...I am not a Freudian, I am a Christian...evil and sin is primordial and irremovable from human nature...I think murderers should be hang, pervs and rapists have their genitalia cut off and thieves have their fingers chopped or be burned with a mark that everybody can see on their faces if the thieving was not as serious. The Yank gimmick is to always talk about the criminal and his punishment...nobody talks about the damage he inflicts on others...who will bring a life back to a butchered victim???, who will give a dignity back to a raped woman???, who will recompensate for the collateral damage of thieving and corruption which harms millions of individuals and their families??? God will if he exists...but his justice and love is not of this world and every decent society must find sap in itself to punish evil or it will melt away.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Tue May 11, 2021 7:18 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:
iambiguous wrote:John 8:7

Or in this case, him?

and? did I say anything about stoning him you idiot???i leave stoning to paGAYns...I think stoning is a barbaric method of butchering somebody and I would be against using it or any other form of torture and humiliation towards anybody, irrelevant of his or her crime you kook spook...
Proverbs 21:15
When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

a castration is necessary because he evidently has little control over his perverted sexual urges and as such allowing him to express them can lead to nothing good in the long run and should be taken away from him and he should be publically punished, not as an act of vengeance, but as an act of cultural hygiene and justice where the healthy part of the society warns other pervs and deadbeat goons and shows its ability and sap to punish them for their behavior and harms them as they have harmed others.

But I repeat myself:

Teasle: Whatever possessed God in heaven to make a man like polishyouth?
Nature: God didn't make polishyouth. I made him.

If polishyouth has any sense at all, he will latch onto this with all his might. He would be compelled by nature to insist that he is never able not to post the submental fulminating fanatic Kidstuff that he does here.

Then, as with all the rest of us, he is off the hook.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 pm

_
I see I’ve missed quite a lot, these last few days.

Watching The Brit Awards 2021.. mixing up old stars with new stars, to make a reel cool show.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 pm

attempting to make a roast in a crock pot.

just got back from the DMV and got fresh license plates and new titles coming for my car and for the motorcycle. they be chargin up here. shit was kinda high compared to alabama but whatever

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Tue May 11, 2021 10:45 pm

_
What kinda roast?

You’d think that Government Offices would consistently price their goods and services across the country, but oh no! perish that thought.

..had a chicken casserole dinner today, so healthy and yummy, in one.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue May 11, 2021 11:21 pm

i went into a grocery store and just told the dude yo i wanna make a roast in a crock pot and i have no idea what im doing so what should i do?

he was like use this tri-tip and it will be so good. so it's tri-tip. ive only had that at bbq places where its smoked. there's a pic of it in the dinner thread.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed May 12, 2021 4:32 am

that shit turned out pretty good. i ate a chunk and the rest i'm just leaving in there on the lowest setting. potatoes slowly softened over 8 hours in a pool of beef stock i mean come the fuck on bruh

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

I'm blowin up y'all and I don't know what 2 do. I therefore seek your counsel, ILP.

I'm taking on too much work and I need to hire some help. Now how do I pay em. I ain't no capitalist cocksucker so I ain't gonna pay him a wage. But how do I decide what he deserves? If, say, I give him half of what I make, that assumes our involved labor is equal. How do I measure that?

See capitalism avoids all this and let's people negotiate freely (in theory, not practice) in such matters. The value of labor is not a problem here.

But we don't wanna do it that way because that shit don't work either (in practice, not theory).

The only solution i can think of is to first educate the people so that they are competent about the nature of the work, and then ask them to submit their vote so that we can determine the value (and therefore proper payment) of my and my helper's labor, democratically.

Listen I'm fine with pure anarchism where we don't have to sort all these property problems out and I just take ur shit. But u can't do this capitalism nonsense where it all sounds good but literally can't work in any conceivable material universe where intelligent creatures who have opposable thumbs inhabit a world and manipulate its environment to produce goods they then use to stay alive, without generating countless conflicts between the producers and consumers involved in said process.

Any reasonable person who is not a criminal anarchist is going to concede that decisions made about these matters has to result from a competent, democratic majority vote... or else you get the conflicts that produce criminal anarchists who just take ur shit, ignoring the four hundred years of philosophical clap-trap designed to defend the property rights that favor the capitalist class.

I will give to my helper the total amount of value his labor is worth, or I refuse to work em. Now I need the entire world to form a global syndicate, learn about carpentry, and then collectively decide how much money should be given for x amount of time and labor.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed May 12, 2021 5:27 pm

_
@Prom.. perhaps they should be hired on a day rate? it resolves all and any issues, that way.

Best to check online what the average day rate is, for such a job spec that you are looking to advertise for.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed May 12, 2021 5:50 pm

prom you pay him whatever the least amount of money it is that will get him to do the job

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed May 12, 2021 5:54 pm

whatever you start him at, he will eventually want more so you have to factor that in.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:40 pm

U r a horrible horrible person, smears.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed May 12, 2021 6:48 pm

_
I’d go for the average minimum wage, as you’ll get a more quality worker that way.. coz you don’t want a dead beat representing you and your brand.

Standards do have to be maintained MrR.. as nobody wants to be known for doing a bad job or offering a subpar service, now, do they?
MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Wed May 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Minimum wage? R u kidding me?

There's a sayin where I'm from, magsj. You can take a man's property, wife, reputation, honor, and self respect, but u never take the products of a man's labor.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed May 12, 2021 7:09 pm

_
I said the average minimum, as you don’t want to pay overly so.. do you? Or.. do you? :-s

..also, depends on what they’ll be doing/expected to do, and I said average minimum wage, not minimum wage.. big difference brah!
MagsJ

Postby Chakra Superstar » Thu May 13, 2021 12:20 am

promethean75 wrote:I'm blowin up y'all and I don't know what 2 do. I therefore seek your counsel, ILP.

Fine, but I want to be paid for my labor in responding to this (in gold or bitcoin only).

promethean75 wrote:I'm taking on too much work and I need to hire some help. Now how do I pay em. I ain't no capitalist cocksucker so I ain't gonna pay him a wage. But how do I decide what he deserves? If, say, I give him half of what I make, that assumes our involved labor is equal. How do I measure that?

See capitalism avoids all this and let's people negotiate freely (in theory, not practice) in such matters. The value of labor is not a problem here.

But we don't wanna do it that way because that shit don't work either (in practice, not theory).

The only solution i can think of is to first educate the people so that they are competent about the nature of the work, and then ask them to submit their vote so that we can determine the value (and therefore proper payment) of my and my helper's labor, democratically.

That might be OK down the track but not at the start. At this stage, I'd keep it simple. Offer to pay them above the normal rate (say 20%) and tell them you would like to give them a bonus depending on the quality, time and revenue you bring in. Don't overpay your workers because that just becomes the norm and when a downturn comes and you have to reduce the rate, they get pissed off. Better to share the spoils when you can evaluate their work and you actually have the revenue in your account.

People have different levels of productivity and different skill sets. Additionally, they often require different things from a job. Believe it or not, money isn't the most important thing for most people. Enjoying the job, respect, praise and responsibility are often rated higher than pay.

My main advice would be to expand your generosity little by little as you learn the ropes. You can always give people more money and responsibility as you go, but you can't take it back if/when you find out it's not working.

promethean75 wrote:Listen I'm fine with pure anarchism where we don't have to sort all these property problems out and I just take ur shit. But u can't do this capitalism nonsense where it all sounds good but literally can't work in any conceivable material universe where intelligent creatures who have opposable thumbs inhabit a world and manipulate its environment to produce goods they then use to stay alive, without generating countless conflicts between the producers and consumers involved in said process.

Any reasonable person who is not a criminal anarchist is going to concede that decisions made about these matters has to result from a competent, democratic majority vote... or else you get the conflicts that produce criminal anarchists who just take ur shit, ignoring the four hundred years of philosophical clap-trap designed to defend the property rights that favor the capitalist class.

Anarchy doesn’t mean a free for all. That’s a cliché the controllers use to make people think we need them. Anarchy just means ‘without a governing body’ or, in other words, anarchy is direct, self-governance. There are lots of communities that don’t have governing bodies to make decisions for them. These communities get together and vote on how to run their own system DIRECTLY. Ironically, the crime rate is extremely low in these sorts of systems because criminal activities threatens the entire town and they don’t have anywhere to hide. Criminals are often driven miles away and dumped in the big cites where they are forced to fend for themselves.

A while back, I saw a video of a town in Mexico that runs this way. They not only kicked out the criminal cartels but they also kicked out the government and run their own show. The town is surrounded by armed guards and even if the the criminals/government agents were to get in, the entire town would rise up against them. To them (and me) there's no difference between criminal cartels and government; both are crooked leaches.

promethean75 wrote:I will give to my helper the total amount of value his labor is worth, or I refuse to work em. Now I need the entire world to form a global syndicate, learn about carpentry, and then collectively decide how much money should be given for x amount of time and labor.

This is going to be a great learning experience. The problem I have with arm-chair socialists is that they haven't tried to put their idealism into practice so this experiment should be fun. I wish you all the success in the world. Again, I only suggest you go slowly and don't promise your workers too much, too soon.

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:40 am

"The problem I have with arm-chair socialists is that they haven't tried to put their idealism into practice"

Yup there's two generally agreed on ways to attempt a 'practice' of it. Imposing it from the top down (if only briefly in a leninistic vanguard form), or letting it spontaneously originate from the bottom up in the shape of a sudden revolution of the people. Of course organizations are then established when an attempt at a new order is made, by the people (p dictatorship stage).

The difference is, the former state invariably dissolves into a corrupt beaucratic mess as leaders are forced to conspire with the wealthiest in their countries in order to secure their places of power. Then u get something like state capitalism which is theater communism. Not the real stuff. Like the k2 of weed. Similar in many ways but not the same buzz entirely and subject to make u freak out at any moment.

But I think at the end of the day, the evolutionary marxists will be right and the revolutionary marxists will be wrong.

If, of course, we aren't entering into some major major new world order FEMA camp nutriloaf curfew type shit with microchips and robot cops patrolling the street.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 am

promethean75 wrote:U r a horrible horrible person, smears.

we all are sometimes

also if you give a mouse a cookie

and...you can't pour from an empty cup

and...if you think it feels great right now to help a laborer come closer to being rightfully compensated for his labor, just imagine how good it would be to be doing the same for 10 of them.

if you're paying him more than he was making before, then he's doing better already.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:33 pm

I'm sorry but I really must revise this memorable promethean75 quote. A minor adjustment has to be made in the wording:

"You can take another man's property, wife, reputation, honor, pride and even his blood, but you never take another man's labor"

That's the final edition. The original form had 'product of labor', which could be interpreted as being his 'property', and a contradiction would occur.

But now, while this contradiction might emerge if the reader translates property to represent labor (then u shouldn't be able to take his property), it isn't as directly drawn from the text.

Promethean75 memorable quotes should not be overanalyzed, either. You KNOW what I mean poetically somehow and ur not supposed to look too closely at it.

Just pretend Aristotle Hoffa said it.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:42 pm

I'm at a Panera right now collecting intel and observing a group of vaccinated patrons on the patio outside. I'm going to move closer to the group and see what happens.
promethean75
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat