Why do you post on an internet message board?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Why do you post on an internet message board?

Postby realunoriginal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Fabiano wrote:However, that sounded like a complaint.

I meant for it to be a news update.
If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions then I am headed straight to Heaven!!!

The more I learn, the more I question my will to learn.
realunoriginal
BANNED

Postby Fabiano » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:02 pm

well, do you think it's worth it to fight the status quo under a false name on a web board? :-k
Fabiano
It's simple like that

Postby realunoriginal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Fabiano wrote:well, do you think it's worth it to fight the status quo under a false name on a web board? :-k

If I did it in real life, then I would be assassinated quite quickly. I have already-considered it extensively.
If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions then I am headed straight to Heaven!!!

realunoriginal
BANNED

Postby Fabiano » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 pm

realunoriginal wrote:If I did it in real life, then I would be assassinated quite quickly. I have already-considered it extensively.

have you already come to the conclusion that this is a losing battle?

don't you think the status quo is less unbearable when we adapt ourselves to it?
Fabiano
It's simple like that

Postby realunoriginal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Fabiano wrote:have you already come to the conclusion that this is a losing battle?

Without frontiers, it definitely-is a losing battle. There is no doubt in my mind about it.

The Spirit of Man needs some place to retreat to if packed into a corner. There is no place on Earth right now for this.

Fabiano wrote:don't you think the status quo is less unbearable when we adapt ourselves to it?

It becomes even more unbearable when you begin to assimilate.

realunoriginal
BANNED

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:34 am

realunoriginal wrote:The status quo is definitely-not mediocre, o'holy graciousness!

:)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby WendyNight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:34 am

Maynard James Keenan wrote:Sorry but if you have a job where the best option is to post on a message board you need a new job.

I can't believe the backlash I'm getting here. I just recieved a PM from WONDERER begging me to stop this thread. Is it that hard to look at yourself in the proverbial mirror and judge oneself? Ignorance is bliss isnt it?

why yes it is. ignorance is truly bliss.
WendyNight

Postby WendyNight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 am

Faust wrote:Loserslut.

Can we rename this thread "Projection"?

Did I just project?

Isn't projection for losers?

I'm confused again.

your so cool Faust. (love the book)
WendyNight

Postby WendyNight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:57 am

Faust wrote:He doesn't.

hahahahahaha.
WendyNight

Postby Blurry » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby WendyNight » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:57 pm

wow, assholes do indeed grow on trees in here, there is no short supply.
i guess maybe they should specify that you need a complex of some sort to be in here..
maybe in fact this place is for sad losers who think that by downing others they can prove to themselves that they are better then others? or maybe they are egotistical bastard assholes who need to first get a sense of humor and second get over themselves.
WendyNight

Postby tentative » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 pm

WendyNight wrote:wow, assholes do indeed grow on trees in here, there is no short supply.
i guess maybe they should specify that you need a complex of some sort to be in here..
maybe in fact this place is for sad losers who think that by downing others they can prove to themselves that they are better then others? or maybe they are egotistical bastard assholes who need to first get a sense of humor and second get over themselves.
??? Where did you get the idea that the internet is any different than RL? Sad if you're disillusioned, but all websites attract all sorts of people including assholes - including people complaining about assholes...
:-"
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby Blurry » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:08 pm

WendyNight wrote:wow, assholes do indeed grow on trees in here, there is no short supply.

Maybe you should realize that people aren't going to hold their tongue just because it may hurt your poor little feelings. I find it beyond amusing that one word repeated four times has got you so up-in-arms that you'd label a person you've had no other interaction with as a "sad loser", "asshole with a complex" and an "egotistical bastard". Really? Obviously this is not the place for you. Nobody here is going to hold your hand, sweetie. I think it is you who needs to get over yourself.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby anon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Your avatar is very soothing, I love it.
"Distraction is the only thing that consoles us for our miseries, and yet it is itself the greatest of our miseries." - Blaise Pascal

"The bombs we plant in each other are ticking away." - Edward Yang

"To a fly that likes the smell of putrid / Meat the fragrance of sandalwood is foul. / Beings who discard Nirvana / Covet coarse Samsara's realm." - Saraha
anon
ILP Legend

Postby AnitaS » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 pm

BlurredSavant wrote:Really? Obviously this is not the place for you. Nobody here is going to hold your hand, sweetie. I think it is you who needs to get over yourself.

:lol:

Ah, you've been missed, Blurred.

“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs.”
- Leo Tolstoy

"Fair and softly goes far."
- Miguel de Cervantes
AnitaS
Philosopher

Postby Fent » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Ignore the bullies, WendyNight.
Fent
Philosopher

Postby Gobbo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:49 am

Cause I'm usually at work and I have no entertainment.
Gobbo
Choronzon

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Why? why not :wink:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Blurry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 pm

AnitaS wrote:
BlurredSavant wrote:Really? Obviously this is not the place for you. Nobody here is going to hold your hand, sweetie. I think it is you who needs to get over yourself.

Ah, you've been missed, Blurred.

There's no curtsy smiley, or I'd put it here :D

I miss you people as well. It's probably good that I haven't gotten my internet hooked up at home yet, prevents me from shutting myself in my bedroom and ignoring the world. I've been forced to emerge for entertainment, and am finding that I like Albuquerque...but I do miss home.
Blurry
fuck

Postby AnitaS » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Glad to hear you're getting settled in and enjoying your new home. The weather alone's gotta be heaven.

Still waiting to see some pics ...

[Just a friendly reminder. :wink: ]

“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs.”
- Leo Tolstoy

- Miguel de Cervantes
AnitaS
Philosopher

Postby Blurry » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 pm

I'll see what I can do about getting some pics up soon. I don't have many from the road trip that are worth looking at, we were going at least 85 almost the entire 1500-mile drive so it was kind of hard to get decent pics, but I do have some nice ones of the mountain and the town. Not having internet at home is making it difficult for me to post anything, but I'll figure something out. I'm thinking, take pics with the camera, transfer them to my phone's SD card, email them to myself, and then post them...

It's just that I don't think my boss would take kindly to my hooking my camera up to my work computer, so... I'll figure it out :)

As for the weather, it's starting to get chilly here, but the sun is out every day -- I love that. Back home it seems like the sun rarely ever shines when the weather starts to get cooler, and when it does one has to be careful not to get snow blindness :lol:
Blurry
fuck

Postby AnitaS » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Okay well that sounds like a huge hassle! :lol: I definitely don't want you to piss your boss off, so I will just be patient and wait until you have your home computer set up.

Soak up that sun while you can and think of us poor saps here in the frozen tundra while you're reapplying your sunscreen.

[Actually, we've had one of our best falls ever, it's sunny and in the 60s today, just gorgeous. But still, I am jealous - my nice days are coming to an end; yours will continue on and on. ::sigh:: :) ]

- Leo Tolstoy

- Miguel de Cervantes
AnitaS
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:36 am

Faust wrote:Just to further bolster Xun's, Mags' and Pav's points - I took my present job (which I like very much) because of the downtime, and I'm a drug-taking slut.

MagsJ

Postby Zero_Sum » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:26 pm

...Eternal boredom followed by amusement.....

And of course, it's harder to track me here versus Twatter or Facefuck. *waves at the glowies*
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat