Absolute Randomness

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Absolute Randomness

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:46 pm

That's basically what Italians do.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:54 pm

I would not enjoy such a drawn-out process, I would prefer stabbing. Which is also an Italian variation.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:02 am

I like how, depending on the day, China are real communists or they totally never even were.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:19 am

Depending on the argument, rather.

Yo are y'all watching this debate for the Georgian senate right now? This kelly chick, whatsername, with the long blonde extentions. She's talking like she's reading a script board for a toothpaste commercial shoot.

Look at that fake ass, monotone bourgeois smile on her well aged oil of olay face. I'd still hit it though.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:27 am

Prom, goddamnit, let's get over this last hurdle to get you on the winning team. What's your problem with Rush?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:31 am

Your attachment to communism at this point is purely fetishistic.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:52 am

Lol this pastor dude is eating her alive.

Now the smile has changed. Originally it was perfect... now it's turned into an uncomfortable smirk.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:23 am

Considering the irredeemability of consequentialism within the parameters of an archival concanescence, it is an inevitable correlation with nonscrupulating argentalism which convalidates us into an ever increasing behemthenianism of ever turning cadances against which, with luck, we can get to the bottom of that which prevents us from entering a new field of ascending spiritual ethertan consolidation and magnified arrangements of solar-molecular complex derivative concatenating pericularist perstentination.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:05 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Week two into my 'self-employment' and I'm realizing I'd make a terrible capitalist. I'm too honest, that's the problem. I quoted a job so low for this guy that he gave me a 200 dollar tip. But I dont understand why the job should cost him a thousand dollars if it only took me three hours to do. See what I mean? I cant make sense of having to pay so much for something that is so easy for me to do.

In any case I'm consistently underbidding my jobs and I'm still averaging far more than I was making with the last employer.

That's almost hilarious. Circumstances for the worker under capitalism are so bad, he could venture out in his own, do it all wrong, and still make more money than he was before.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Regarding the ongoing discussions about the next relief bill, my cabinet and I have decided to issue stimulus checks only to salary and wage earners, and nothing to business owners, neither small or large.

We believe it is senseless to provide income stimulus to business owners since they are already receiving stimulus in the form of capital (when they operate). These measures will hopefully assist us in collapsing private business and forcing capitalists into becoming wage and salary earners as we communists overthrow the government and restructure the economy.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:49 pm

lol you member when trumpf made it unlawful to evict tenants who couldnt pay rent, several months ago? Know why he did that? Because there are more potential trumpf voters who rent than there are potential trumpf voters who are landlords.

What you thought that little gimmick was about helping the working class? Holy christ.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:25 am

a recent promcast, #26 feat., the old lady.

https://vocaroo.com/1hRFFuYaQRwz

But you see what I mean. If the typical working class citizen had nothing to lose and everything to gain if, say, wages went up, rents went down, health care became cheaper, business owners got higher taxes (why not, they dont make the money... the employees do), ... why would it be reasonable for him to vote republican? Add further that he has no problem getting a job... it's not about that for him... so the 'creating jobs' pitch is irrelevent. It's rather the real FINANCIAL problems embedded in the circumstances of his life that cannot be changed for x reasons. And becoming a business owner for this person is out of the question anyway, so what the fuck does capitalism do for him? Why would he support it? Real shit bro.

It's not that he means the capitalist ill will, dummies. It's that the capitalism might in fact be HINDERING his development and potential, and that he'd also be open to trying something else. He has nothing to lose.

Why on erf would this guy vote for an orange person who thinks aircraft existed in the seventeenth century?

Add further that he doesnt care about guns and duddint wanna carry one anyway. Duddint care about abortion because he doesnt believe in souls. Duddint care if homosexuals get married. Is intrigued by the idea of green energy. Has no racial prejudices. Doesnt mind immigrants either.

What is this guy some kind of weird moderate? Duddint matter. Point is, this particular dasein would not be called reasonable if he voted for a republican. It would literally be an act of masochism and self deprecation.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:43 am

promethean75 wrote:Week two into my 'self-employment' and I'm realizing I'd make a terrible capitalist. I'm too honest, that's the problem. I quoted a job so low for this guy that he gave me a 200 dollar tip. But I dont understand why the job should cost him a thousand dollars if it only took me three hours to do. See what I mean? I cant make sense of having to pay so much for something that is so easy for me to do.

In any case I'm consistently underbidding my jobs and I'm still averaging far more than I was making with the last employer.

That's what makes an excellent capitalist.

You need to stop reading these fairy tales and accept the real world.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:44 am

promethean75 wrote:a recent promcast, #26 feat., the old lady.

https://vocaroo.com/1hRFFuYaQRwz

But you see what I mean. If the typical working class citizen had nothing to lose and everything to gain if, say, wages went up, rents went down, health care became cheaper, business owners got higher taxes (why not, they dont make the money... the employees do), ... why would it be reasonable for him to vote republican? Add further that he has no problem getting a job... it's not about that for him... so the 'creating jobs' pitch is irrelevent. It's rather the real FINANCIAL problems embedded in the circumstances of his life that cannot be changed for x reasons. And becoming a business owner for this person is out of the question anyway, so what the fuck does capitalism do for him? Why would he support it? Real shit bro.

It's not that he means the capitalist ill will, dummies. It's that the capitalism might in fact be HINDERING his development and potential, and that he'd also be open to trying something else. He has nothing to lose.

Why on erf would this guy vote for an orange person who thinks aircraft existed in the seventeenth century?

Add further that he doesnt care about guns and duddint wanna carry one anyway. Duddint care about abortion because he doesnt believe in souls. Duddint care if homosexuals get married. Is intrigued by the idea of green energy. Has no racial prejudices. Doesnt mind immigrants either.

What is this guy some kind of weird moderate? Duddint matter. Point is, this particular dasein would not be called reasonable if he voted for a republican. It would literally be an act of masochism and self deprecation.

I kept skipping ahead to find the old lady talking. It's a hoax, it's just prom going on about some stupid commie thing.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:46 am

She's a Facebook leftist and doesnt know anything about marx. I just use her as a prop. What do you call those in radio? Like the side kick person. John boy and Billy mornings on 99.3 type shit.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:10 am

It comes naturally for me to try and avoid capitalizing from an exchange and instead giving a little more than I get.... as a gesture of my arrogance and pride, in fact. I enjoy knowing that it was easy for me to give so much, and I like to show that off. It's part of my swagger.

So see those lines? That was the original rough opening size. I had to frame down with a header and over four inches on each side. I hung the drywall, set the door, finished the drywall, extended the base and shoe, and painted everything for..... guess.

$250 (labor)

Unreal, iddint it? Like I dont even understand it myself. I give myself only around 30 an hour in my final bid.... and I do it so fast and so easily (very easy labor) it doesnt sound right to ask for a grand. But that's about what a big company woulda charged him. This took me longer than I thought because when I looked at it and thought about how long it would take, I forgot I had to hang, finish and paint the inside too. It slipped my mind entirely but I was stoned anyway so.... overall about six hours of work spread over three days in account of letting the drywall mud dry. And that's only two coats. I only taped and bedded, no skim coat with the 12".

*blows finger hooves*

No but seriously I fucked that one up. I coulda got him for 800, easy.

Splains why he gave me the 200 tip.
Attachments
20201210_201003.jpg
20201210_201003.jpg (106.45 KiB) Viewed 75 times
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:12 am

You will make a fine businessman.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 am

Of course if you hired people (and resolved the not-giving-them-equal-ownership-over-your-shit paradox) I am sure you would incur some overhead that you don't foresee, most of it from inane regulation, but even then I believe you have the mentality to crush the competition and corner the market.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:17 am

Shit, imagine if you rescued some poor child from one of those high school hell holes and made him your apprentice, and along the way taught him a bunch of philosophy (ideally not the ideological claptrap) and math and cool shit and shit.

You would have singlehandedly made the world better.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:19 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Shit, imagine if you rescued some poor child from one of those high school hell holes and made him your apprentice, and along the way taught him a bunch of philosophy (ideally not the ideological claptrap) and math and cool shit and shit.

You would have singlehandedly made the world better.

A lot of people will think I'm joking, because you tend only to talk about the claptrap, but you are one of the very few people I know who actually understands the shit Nietzsche writes.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 am

It would be one of those classical dilemmas. If a dude offered to help me for x amount an hour, and he had nothing else to do, no revolution to join, no union, soviet or syndicate to be a part of, I'd be like sure. And I'd prolly give him a tip if there's no problems with him. But it wouldnt be equal to what he made regardless,and I would make some profit.

Realistically, given the circumstances of our situation, without any needless ideological and ethical examination of the principles espoused in the actions we take, it could be argued that we both benefit... but only because THAT DUDE has no better option at the moment.

What I want to create is an option in which an entire committee of people decide what should be paid for that particular kind of work. I dont want one guy deciding... or no, I dont want a bunch of guys pushing wages down because they know the next company will pay them nearly the same. Wage monopoly bro. Better check yourself.

In my system, the competition for acquiring the capacity to own means of production privately is replaced with the competition to advance the field you choose to work in. Rhe work place would be like a fucking sports arena.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:28 am

This is one thing that annoys the shit out of me about the prevalence of leftwing nutbaggery among philosophers.

It would be really fucking cool to discuss philosophy of capitalism, because for example I think there would be strong cases to be made that, by charging the way you are proposing, you end up making more profit. But I won't go into iot, what's the point.

Anyway, I almost shat my pants when you said 250.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:30 am

promethean75 wrote:It would be one of those classical dilemmas. If a dude offered to help me for x amount an hour, and he had nothing else to do, no revolution to join, no union, soviet or syndicate to be a part of, I'd be like sure. And I'd prolly give him a tip if there's no problems with him. But it wouldnt be equal to what he made regardless,and I would make some profit.

Realistically, given the circumstances of our situation, without any needless ideological and ethical examination of the principles espoused in the actions we take, it could be argued that we both benefit... but only because THAT DUDE has no better option at the moment.

What I want to create is an option in which an entire committee of people decide what should be paid for that particular kind of work. I dont want one guy deciding... or no, I dont want a bunch of guys pushing wages down because they know the next company will pay them nearly the same. Wage monopoly bro. Better check yourself.

In my system, the competition for acquiring the capacity to own means of production privately is replaced with the competition to advance the field you choose to work in. Rhe work place would be like a fucking sports arena.

Prom, most people are useless sacks of shit that would be greatly improved by being employed by you, or even some piece of shit like the guy who used to hire you allegedly is.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat