What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:03 am

_
..bought a duvet earlier.. a Habitat 10.5 tog double, for my king-size bed.

..not owned one since throwing my last one away in 2016/17, when my fatigue dictated that it should feel like it weighed an anxiety-causing thousand million tonnes.

..gonna be a testing moment, in time. :-s
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby mannequin01 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:59 am

Up early! Planning the day, doing some family outings, little during this Xmas! Good Times
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:40 pm

_
Trying to decide/choose which electric steam-mop to buy, is harder than rocket science.. but manually-mopping the floor, is even harder. :|

The deciding factors in choice, will come down to ‘weight’ and ‘price’.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:26 am

I feel like depression is the brains defensive mechanism against schizophrenia
mannequin01

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:30 am

this kind of hug for you:
https://youtu.be/bVi3QChmmpg

I hope you feel better.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Science: https://youtu.be/90sWAKwZHHE

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:41 pm

origami wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Memory lane.. most welcome here, thoughts on life and fate.. not so much.. for how else can I fully enjoy the present day..

I guess I would say that, if you have the discipline to stick with it, meditations on death and fate (because it's death we are talking about) have a way of accentuating what is good and beautiful and important in life. If your core belief is that life is bad and evil, then it would be understandable you prefer to avoid it. If you start from the premise that life is filled with trasure, it can only bring that treasure to the fore.

..devoid.

This may be racist or whatever, but I sincerely believe that all Catholics have and will find treasure if they follow this meditation. A lot of pain comes with it too, sure, but what good thing doesn't?

..oriented.

Probably nihilism can even be defined as the pretense that there is no death. Of course, the basis of nihilism in general is that life sucks, and the less you look at it, the less in touch with reality you are, the better off you will be.

..detached.

Is comfort a justifiable pursuit in life? I sincerely and wholeheartedly believe it is. Any person that has stared death in the face, specially death by starvation or privation, can tell you unequivocally that being in touch with reality will only reenforce this belief. That the fact that we will all die makes it only more justifiable, not less. What is life made of? Some things are not entirely communicable. But my answer is a resounding yes.

Reality is always better. Always.

..undwelling.

We survived a long constant feeling, of death.. that’s all that matters, as that’s all we got.

MagsJ

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat