What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:50 pm

_
A chicken and vegetable curry, followed by a small piece of Camembert..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Dan~ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:23 am

I just ate pure spinach with ranch and cottage cheese.
Simple but effective.
I hear spinach is supposed to be really healthy, too.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:04 pm

_
..a two-chicken carcass, carrot, corn-on-the-cob, and Swiss chard broth, that I cooked and had some of, yesterday.. it was deceptively filling. :|

One more serving remaining.. for Monday perhaps, as I fancy venison shank tomorrow.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:38 pm

_
The venison shank was delicious.. some choice vegetables cooked in, near the end.

The game birds and goat-on-the-bone were ok, but the remaining chicken livers and mallard duck looking forward to being had.

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:09 am

NOT a spaghetti sandwich!
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:08 am

put the spaghetti into a waffle iron and make spaghetti waffles. i went to a place once that did this with mac and cheese and that shit was amazing
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:19 am

Sounds messy!

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:49 am

_
That sounds really good.. not that I eat mac n cheese, or any other kind of stodge.

..it’s not aesthetic-friendly.

MagsJ

Postby Dan~ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:53 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:put the spaghetti into a waffle iron and make spaghetti waffles. i went to a place once that did this with mac and cheese and that shit was amazing

Reminds me of cheddar filled sausage.
Nifty combinations.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Sounds messy!

have some paper towels handy. it's worth it.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:32 pm

_
..deconstructed courgette-sheet lasagne [keto/paleo, GF, Organic]

9F1B2CEC-D688-4C83-AF12-5341AC474C8E.jpeg
9F1B2CEC-D688-4C83-AF12-5341AC474C8E.jpeg (171.06 KiB) Viewed 187 times

MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Someone excuse me while i spew up
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:47 pm

_
:icon-rolleyes:

Courgette, beef ragu, and cheese.. far from unpalatable.. in-fact downright flavoursome.

Or perhaps he courts attention..?

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:44 am

¿in what sense is that lasagne?

bet it’s yummy, though.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby mannequin01 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:10 am

*still spewing up*
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:45 am

_
*still spewing up*

Still eating lettuce sarnies?

____
Yesterday’s dinner: stewed lamb.. with courgette radish and onion, and lettuce and rocket.. for that added nutritional leafy-green-goodness.. all Organic n that! [I can’t do any heavier leafy-green produce, than those less-fibrous kinds]

FF6C617E-C0B8-458C-B9AC-9EEF069243B2.jpeg
FF6C617E-C0B8-458C-B9AC-9EEF069243B2.jpeg (142.02 KiB) Viewed 149 times

MagsJ

Postby Dan~ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:52 am

I just made veggie rice again.
Bit of chicken soup powder added.
Peas, corn, carrots, green beans.
ImageImage
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby mannequin01 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:48 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
*still spewing up*

In this time, this despicable feast defeats me, during the evasion of the sun, the land remains barren, the calm of my den is disturbed by the irritation of a decaying wasteland, needless to say, I've seen better times, rather glorious in fact compared to now... But that spirit is of the old, died out a long time ago, it was rather enjoyed but was on the verge of a decline even then, but it wasn't so terrible as to upset the comfort or the exchange.

now i find myself here, there is very little which is ripe, i sleep through most of it, perhaps something more profound will emerge in my next incarnation, if birth is allowed to blossom organically igniting the spirit once again then there is hope yet, preferably with the complete removal of surveillance...

Then i will no longer have to resort to eating dead animal flesh and plants.
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:24 pm

_
So I ordered an Indian takeaway, but this is how it panned out..

E2285FCB-22EB-4625-A157-64C3DE5D9755.jpeg
E2285FCB-22EB-4625-A157-64C3DE5D9755.jpeg (15.99 KiB) Viewed 107 times

My order arrived.. but that’s not Tandoori chicken, is it!? Ffs sake!

C4C5D2CC-2D08-4816-9B17-D9E038840634.jpeg
C4C5D2CC-2D08-4816-9B17-D9E038840634.jpeg (41.9 KiB) Viewed 107 times

025F9E99-F81D-4C2B-83F1-9A48C877AB90.jpeg
025F9E99-F81D-4C2B-83F1-9A48C877AB90.jpeg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 107 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:28 pm

_
Hmmmm :sad-bored:

1BFAAB97-F075-48F2-80BD-9BF38E861C58.jpeg
1BFAAB97-F075-48F2-80BD-9BF38E861C58.jpeg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 107 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:50 pm

_
Now that’s Tandoori!

5B5EED3B-8DE0-473E-827F-DF4E132E357E.jpeg
5B5EED3B-8DE0-473E-827F-DF4E132E357E.jpeg (159.96 KiB) Viewed 105 times

MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:33 am

Looking a lot better than all that other gross stuff you feed yourself.
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 am

mannequin01 wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_
*still spewing up*

In this time, this despicable feast defeats me, during the evasion of the sun, the land remains barren, the calm of my den is disturbed by the irritation of a decaying wasteland, needless to say, I've seen better times, rather glorious in fact compared to now... But that spirit is of the old, died out a long time ago, it was rather enjoyed but was on the verge of a decline even then, but it wasn't so terrible as to upset the comfort or the exchange.

now i find myself here, there is very little which is ripe, i sleep through most of it, perhaps something more profound will emerge in my next incarnation, if birth is allowed to blossom organically igniting the spirit once again then there is hope yet, preferably with the complete removal of surveillance...

Then i will no longer have to resort to eating dead animal flesh and plants.

..there’s probably a drink for that.. though you’ll probably have to concoct it yourself.. a melange of all the best and necessary macro and micro nutrients, ya know.. it’s on my to-do list, the perfect blend of ‘eating without eating’, so drinking, not fighting.

How very Borg-esque, non!

A drink or a shot, hmmm.. I’d go for a shot myself.

Yea.. eating is so passé, so yesteryear.. :icon-rolleyes:

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:34 am

mannequin01 wrote:Looking a lot better than all that other gross stuff you feed yourself.

Looks can be deceiving!

I cook for nutritional-value and taste, not look.. I don’t play, when it comes to nutrition and fuelling-up brar, no waay.

MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:36 am

We don't need to eat anywhere near as much as people think we do
mannequin01

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat